ms Noordam, ms Eurodam, & ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau May 14, 2018

Scrapnana

Monday will be the busiest day yet this season in Juneau with a total of five ships in port. Three of these are HAL ships. All of them are set to arrive at 1300 and sail at 2200. Eurodam will be at the AS dock, Nieuw Amsterdam at the CT dock, and Noordam will be tendering.

The weather will not be as good as last Monday with a high predicted only to be 52F/11C and a low of 37F/3C. There is a 90% chance of rain but it is not supposed to be a constant rain. Sunrise is at 4:32 am and sunset at 9:17 pm.

Also in port are Ruby Princess (1100-2200) at the FKL dock and Celebrity Solstice (1330-2200 at the AJ dock. (Needless to say, sail-away should take a while with all five ships scheduled to leave at the same time.)

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ . Also, Rowsby found these webcams to watch http://webcams.thesnowcloud.com/ .

Next up: Westerdam on Wednesday.

Noordam will get a head start for tendering. It's going a very busy day in Juneau harbor with tenders as well as airplanes coming and going! It's very cloudy. I hope it doesn't rain....and I think I just saw a raindrop.

I thought she was stopped but then realized (as she went off the edge of the webcam) that she was going slowly. Maybe turning around??? Seemed to be a couple of boats around her but could not tell if they were tenders.

I hope I wasn't a jinx when I said that:

They may be trying to be real early to avoid a wait for line handlers or perhaps just trying to get in ahead of rain.

Roy

Ugh! Lots of big raindrops!

Roy