ms Noordam in Juneau May 31, 2018

Scrapnana

Noordam will be at the CT dock from 0800-1800.

The weather is supposed to be sunny(!) with "a few afternoon clouds" and only a 20% chance of rain. High is to be 61F/16C and low 44F/7C. Sunrise is at 4:03 am and sunset at 9:50 pm.

Also in port are Infinity at the AS dock from 0730-2000 (blocking our view - maybe we will be lucky and Noordam will scoot in first;p) and Seabourn Sojourn at the AJ dock from 0800-1800.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up: Volendam on Friday.

Completely missed the sail-in. Crystal's original ship (Asuka II, nee Crystal Harmony) was in Baltimore and I just had to go down to take a look. I'll try to remember the sailaway.

Roy

Do Noordam and Westerdam often leave early?

Roy

Roy,

It appears to be a Wed/Thurs day thing. Wed leaves at 2200 - Thurs leaves at 1800. As they rotate from week to week, they each get either one early or one late leaving day. Depending on arrival day of the week.

Killing time until departure and noticed that Seabourn Sojourn is coming to the end of her 152 night "Great Oceans Exploration" that started in Miami on January 4. They went east so they had many 23 hour days - ugh!

A bit strange. PTZ had an earlier tweet about it going past Miami. I would think they would have stopped there if there was a medical emergency rather than continuing to Port Everglades.

Roy

Killing time until departure and noticed that Seabourn Sojourn is coming to the end of her 152 night "Great Oceans Exploration" that started in Miami on January 4. They went east so they had many 23 hour days - ugh!

Perhaps not so bad if they did the changes mid-day rather than losing a lot of sleep. Not sure which way Seabourn does it. I think actually my favorite was on the Rotterdam where they did 2 at once, one mid-day and then the same night making a short but more or less proportional day.

Roy

Just saw Disney Fantasy arrive in Port Everglades. It must be some kind of emergency because FLL is not on her schedule and she is supposed to be at Castaway Cay tomorrow.

Mickey's ship does look like an amusement park at night - doesn't it?