Cruising solo with 6 year old Grandson - What to do?

drakes2

not my 6 year old. He is yet to stay at the kid's club. He adamantly refuses to stay with strangers, and I don't blame him.

So, it's really kid dependent.

To OP: since his skin is fair, load up on SPF50-100. We have a redhead, and he's never sunburned. Ever. Not on a cruise, not on the beach in ports, not in Florida in August.

Don't forget floaties/puddle jumpers/swim vest if the kid doesn't know how to swim. Better safe than very very sorry.

I am going to assume that the kid's parents gave you the go ahead to take him on a cruise without them. Make sure to have all the permissions to take him outside the country.

I personally wouldn't want my 6 yo to go on a cruise with anyone else but us.

In Grand Cayman, we enjoyed the 7 mile beach with our 3 yo. Now that he is 6, we'll try the stingray excursion.

Climbing Dunns Falls would be fun in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, if you are up for it.

Beach time in Cozumel.

How does your kid go to school? Kindergarten starts at 5...preschool earlier. Doesn't he/she have to learn to stay with a teacher?

And going to camp isn't exactly "staying with strangers;" its meeting and playing with kids of the same age. Something that is very socially healthy.

Of course as a parent you have a right to do as you see fit but personally at 6, IMHO it's time for some socialization and independence in a safe and secure environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How does your kid go to school? Kindergarten starts at 5...preschool earlier. Doesn't he/she have to learn to stay with a teacher?

And going to camp isn't exactly "staying with strangers;" its meeting and playing with kids of the same age. Something that is very socially healthy.

Of course as a parent you have a right to do as you see fit but personally at 6, IMHO it's time for some socialization and independence in a safe and secure environment.

he has been in preschool since 2 years and 9 months. He still has stranger anxiety at 6, and is extremely shy. He is doing much better at 6 with new situations and people than he did at 3, but it still takes a couple of weeks for him to warm up to new teachers and kids. Once he is comfortable, he makes friends and is very social.

Going to camp with a bunch of kids he doesn't know and teachers he's never met is the epitome of "staying with strangers".

My grandson who will be 6 next month is getting excited about his cruise. I took him out shopping for 2 polo shirts for the dining room and a couple pair swim trunks. I even told him.about our cabin attendant I called him the butler and said he will clean our room and make a new towel animal at night. My grandson Nolan said: Do you think my butler will scratch my back at night before bed. LOL

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app