Eurodam Cabin 5148

Joal

Has anyone stayed in cabin 5148 on Holland America's Eurodam? We just booked this cabin for the New Year's sailing. We like the fact that it is close to the aft elevators, very convenient to the MDR, but we are concerned about possible noise from the elevators traffic. Also, someone posted a review of the cabin complaining of mildew in the bathroom (that was in March of this year) Apparently, HAL did not take care of the problem during their time on board. Any comments will be appreciated. We still have time to change cabins before final payment. Thanks

Has anyone stayed in cabin 5148 on Holland America's Eurodam? We just booked this cabin for the New Year's sailing. We like the fact that it is close to the aft elevators, very convenient to the MDR, but we are concerned about possible noise from the elevators traffic. Also, someone posted a review of the cabin complaining of mildew in the bathroom (that was in March of this year) Apparently, HAL did not take care of the problem during their time on board. Any comments will be appreciated. We still have time to change cabins before final payment. Thanks

I have no experience with this stateroom or HAL as a cruise line, but regarding your question on noise, our experience with RCI and Celebrity is that proximity to the elevator banks is not a noise issue at all and, in fact, is a very desirable location for convenience to the elevators and stairwells. The staterooms nearby are in hallways behind the elevators and they are not noisy in their operation. I would have to believe that would be the same with most other cruise lines as well, including HAL.

I have no experience with this stateroom or HAL as a cruise line, but regarding your question on noise, our experience with RCI and Celebrity is that proximity to the elevator banks is not a noise issue at all and, in fact, is a very desirable location for convenience to the elevators and stairwells. The staterooms nearby are in hallways behind the elevators and they are not noisy in their operation. I would have to believe that would be the same with most other cruise lines as well, including HAL.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we thought it to be a very convenient location. We have cruise on HAL several times years ago, and we always had a good experience. Hope this time will be the same.

• 2 weeks later...

HAL is our favorite cruise line and we have been on the Eurodam a couple of times. It's a beautiful ship. To answer your question we always try to book midship right next to the outside elevators. We never hear any noise from the elevator area. We like that location since you only have neighbors on one side. Don't worry about the noise level. You won't even know anyone is out there.

Helen

We sailed her last month up to Alaska and was on the Rotterdam deck (two above) in cabin 7084 right by the stairwell and elevators, pretty similar to where you will be on the Verandah deck

Did not experience any issues with noise at all and loved the convenience to the MDR and Lido - straight up or down on the elevators!

The only thing I can't comment on is how the passengers will be - there is probably going to be a difference from those that cruised to Alaska vs NYE party revelers.......

• 2 months later...

I want to thank all of those who replied to my post. We just got back from the New Year's Eve cruise. We found the location of cabin 5148 to be most convenient to the elevators, and also for its the proximity to the MDR. There was absolutely no noise. The fellow passengers were generally all nice. Even at the Lido, at peak times, we did not see the rush and push we have seen on other ships. The service was excellent and the food very good. The cabin is small compared to the ones we have had on Celebrity and RC. We were so pleased, we booked an Alaska cruise on the sister ship Nieuw Amsterdam this August!