Arrive LAX going to Carnival Longbeach

Johnny60

We arrive in Lax at 10.45 am on a Saturday morning. We then have to get to Carnival Longbeach, for our 4.00pm sailing. Firstly should I be taking an earlier flight, secondly would Uber be the way to go? Thanks a lot guys.

I have sailed out of Long Beach a few times and since I travel solo, I have just used the cruise line transfer from the airport to the port of Long Beach. I know some cruisers use one of the car services but I have no experience to relate to you on that. Using a cab would be pretty expensive as it is a bit of a drive. I don't know how pricing would be on Uber or Lyft. If your flight arrives at 10:45 you should be ok for a 4:00 departure from Long Beach. Usually the trip is about an hour from LAX. Good Luck and happy sailing.

Cab will run about $75. Execucar will run about $55 with coupon. Arriving so late I wouldn’t take a shared shuttle (Super Shuttle etc) as you really don’t have time to do a ‘tour’ of LA.

Yes, I’d recommend an earlier flight. Could you fly into LGB?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the replies. Arriving day before not an option I want to pursue as we only have a couple of days before in San Fran and want to spend the time there. Had originally booked LBG....nearer and cheaper with SW but stats for the particular flight show delays of about an hour over the past month 50% of the time. I can switch to an 8.00 am flight leaving San Fran though.

Thanks for the replies. Arriving day before not an option I want to pursue as we only have a couple of days before in San Fran and want to spend the time there. Had originally booked LBG....nearer and cheaper with SW but stats for the particular flight show delays of about an hour over the past month 50% of the time. I can switch to an 8.00 am flight leaving San Fran though.

SFO has quite a bit of delays. I used to fly into the Bay Area monthly for business. SFO was the worst for on-time departures and arrivals. San Jose (SJU) and Oakland (OAK) were better. I still get bit by SFO when I have to make connections there; a month ago, I had a flight from Palm Spring to SFO delayed an hour because of Traffic Control issues. And, this was with United, not WN...

I would really suggest try another booking with LBG as the destination airport. It's a great little airport with easy in/out for it - none of the hassles of LAX and then the parking lot called I-405...

Look at changing your flight from SFO to OAK - a quick ride across the Bay on the Bay Bridge (or under with BART). If you can't do that, take that 8am flight from SFO. But, depending on the time of year, you'll be dealing with possible delays due to the thick fog that time of morning.

SFO has quite a bit of delays. I used to fly into the Bay Area monthly for business. SFO was the worst for on-time departures and arrivals. San Jose (SJU) and Oakland (OAK) were better. I still get bit by SFO when I have to make connections there; a month ago, I had a flight from Palm Spring to SFO delayed an hour because of Traffic Control issues. And, this was with United, not WN...

I would really suggest try another booking with LBG as the destination airport. It's a great little airport with easy in/out for it - none of the hassles of LAX and then the parking lot called I-405...

Look at changing your flight from SFO to OAK - a quick ride across the Bay on the Bay Bridge (or under with BART). If you can't do that, take that 8am flight from SFO. But, depending on the time of year, you'll be dealing with possible delays due to the thick fog that time of morning.

My original booking was Oak to LGB...was perfect at 9.20am but when I look at past history average of 50%delays of 1 hour. Just changed it to OAK to LAX as no delays reported on the 9.30am flight. It's for February. Do I risk LGB?? Much easier but worried about delays.

Hi, I live in LA near LAX. You'd be arriving at a time when there shouldn't be too much traffic going South on the 405, which is the way you need to go. Once you have your luggage and are in an Uber, I would allow 1.5 hours. Then you have to account for the check in at the dock. I DO think that you will have enough time, just go straight to Long Beach.

I also recommend using Uber. I took a taxi home (near LAX) from Long Beach after my cruise, and it was $90 (with tip $100).

Hi, I live in LA near LAX. You'd be arriving at a time when there shouldn't be too much traffic going South on the 405, which is the way you need to go. Once you have your luggage and are in an Uber, I would allow 1.5 hours. Then you have to account for the check in at the dock. I DO think that you will have enough time, just go straight to Long Beach.

I also recommend using Uber. I took a taxi home (near LAX) from Long Beach after my cruise, and it was $90 (with tip $100).

Thank you for the advice. I can get an earlier flight at 8.00 am getting into LAX at 9.35 am. Would mean a really early start but would you think we should do this?? How would traffic be by then?? I have no experience of LA traffic...it quite scares me lol.

Thank you for the advice. I can get an earlier flight at 8.00 am getting into LAX at 9.35 am. Would mean a really early start but would you think we should do this?? How would traffic be by then?? I have no experience of LA traffic...it quite scares me lol.

Get the earlier flight! I would estimate that you would then arrive to Long Beach around 11 AM, and you could try to get on the ship as soon as possible - choose the earliest boarding time or maybe look into purchasing Faster to the Fun?

Also, there is quite a bit to do in the area. You can walk around and check out the Queen Mary or get breakfast somewhere - however, you will have luggage with you, so I'm not sure how feasible that is.

Get the earlier flight! I would estimate that you would then arrive to Long Beach around 11 AM, and you could try to get on the ship as soon as possible - choose the earliest boarding time or maybe look into purchasing Faster to the Fun?

Also, there is quite a bit to do in the area. You can walk around and check out the Queen Mary or get breakfast somewhere - however, you will have luggage with you, so I'm not sure how feasible that is.

Ok I will do that now. Thank you:)

• 2 weeks later...
We arrive in Lax at 10.45 am on a Saturday morning. We then have to get to Carnival Longbeach, for our 4.00pm sailing. Firstly should I be taking an earlier flight, secondly would Uber be the way to go? Thanks a lot guys.

Also, my wife and I are thinking about CCL out Long Beach, and were wondering what type of hotel/motels we might find not too far (15-30 min)from the LB cruise port? We normally drive to the Fla ports, but LB is a bit of a drive from the east coast.;p Any help would be appreciated! Many thanks,

Mac

Also, my wife and I are thinking about CCL out Long Beach, and were wondering what type of hotel/motels we might find not too far (15-30 min)from the LB cruise port? We normally drive to the Fla ports, but LB is a bit of a drive from the east coast.;p Any help would be appreciated! Many thanks,

Mac

We have booked Best Western Long Beach. Stayed there this year and it was fine. We booked through Expedia. Free breakfast, and shuttle to cruise port as well as free pick up from Long Beach airport.

Mac

There is quite a lot within 15-30 mins from the cruise port. Search for "The Pike Long Beach." There are several major hotels in the area (ie Hyatt) and its also a nice place to walk around and get some food and do some sightseeing the night before the cruise (or after, not sure what you have planned). :)

There is quite a lot within 15-30 mins from the cruise port. Search for "The Pike Long Beach." There are several major hotels in the area (ie Hyatt) and its also a nice place to walk around and get some food and do some sightseeing the night before the cruise (or after, not sure what you have planned). :)

THANK YOU ! For your wonderful advice :D We will fly in (as we usually do) the day, or maybe 2 days) before the cruise. I just don't want to be too rushed in the morning the day of and have to RUSH to LB pier.:cool:

Mac