Change of Ports

Myathebee27

I have a question and I hope I am in the right spot. We are going on Allure of the seas Nov 12. Due to the Hurricanes I understand our ports will all be changed. As far as I can see now.. they will be changed to places we have already been. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean offers any discount or onboard credit for these changes? I understand that we cannot control Mother Nature but We have 8 state rooms and most defiantly were not planning to visit places we have been before. Does anyone know options?

I have a question and I hope I am in the right spot. We are going on Allure of the seas Nov 12. Due to the Hurricanes I understand our ports will all be changed. As far as I can see now.. they will be changed to places we have already been. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean offers any discount or onboard credit for these changes? I understand that we cannot control Mother Nature but We have 8 state rooms and most defiantly were not planning to visit places we have been before. Does anyone know options?

This has been happening to many sailings because of the hurricane damage, and so far, no compensation has been offered.

Somebody posted on another thread. Per Cruise ticket contract.

6. CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER:a. Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel,advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination,lodging or any activity on or off the Vessel, or substitute another vessel or portof call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below,Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including butnot limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation,advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.b. In connection with a CruiseTour, Carrier has the same right to cancel, advance,postpone or deviate from any scheduled activity, departure or destination,or substitute another railcar, bus, destination or lodging or other componentof the CruiseTour. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall notbe liable for any claim by Passenger whatsoever, including but not limited toloss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement,postponement, substitution or deviation.c. By way of example, and not limitation, Carrier may, without liability (except asprovided in Section 6(e) with respect to mechanical failures only), deviate fromany scheduled sailing and may otherwise land Passenger and her property atany port if Carrier believes that the voyage or any Passenger or property maybe hindered or adversely affected as a result of hostilities, blockages, prevailingweather conditions, labor conflicts, strikes onboard or ashore, breakdown ofVessel, congestion, docking diffculties, medical or life saving emergencies or anyother cause whatsoever.d. Carrier shall have the right to comply with any orders, recommendations, ordirections whatsoever given by any governmental entity or by persons purportingto act with such authority and such compliance shall not be deemed a breachof this Agreement entitling the Passenger to assert any claim for liability,compensation or refund.e. In the event that a Cruise (or the cruise component of a CruiseTour) is canceledor terminated early due to mechanical failures:i) Passenger shall have a right to a full refund of the Cruise Fare if the Cruise iscanceled in full, or a partial refund if the cruise is terminated early;ii) Carrier may cover or reimburse Passenger for additional costs (e.g. airlinechange fees) as deemed appropriate by the Carrier.iii) If the passenger has travelled to the Vessel Passenger shall have a right totransportation (by means selected by the Carrier to the Vessel’s scheduled port ofdisembarkation or the Passenger’s home city; andiv) Passenger shall have a right to lodging (selected by the Cruise Line) ifdisembarkation and an overnight stay in an unscheduled port are required dueto the Cruise or cruise component of a CruiseTour being cancelled or terminatedearly because of such mechanical failures.

Weather related itinerary changes have always been a fairly well-known (and well revealed) risk of cruising.

Imagine how many tens of thousands of dissatisfied passengers there will be in the next few months who find that their scheduled Eastern Carribean stops have been replaced by Southern or Western Caribbean ports. And how they would. still grumble and complain by the "unsatisfactory compensation" offered by the cruise lines - if they were to try to compensate.

Much better for the lines to simply point to the terms of passage contract than to try to voluntarily (and unnecessarily) satisfy thousands at great cost.

All cruise lines reserve the right to change, rearrange, or even cancel any or all ports. When you buy your ticket, you agree to that! No compensation will be offered.

Pretty much!

We were on our way to Roatan, Honduras and had to divert to Cozumel for a medical situation. People were furious and assumed they would get some sort of compensation and were shocked when they didn't. It actually made me somewhat sad that people were more concerned about their vacation rather than a person who had the medical situation and had to be taken off the ship.

It all depends on the type of insurance that you have. Normally they will only pay for any expenses that you would be out. If you booked and paid for an excursion and the tour company won't reimburse you then the insurance will kick in. They won't just give you money because of the changes.

You really should read the cruise contract you agree to when you step on the ship, Any stop and where is at the cruise line / captain's desecration. Per that contract, ship can push back from the pier 10 feet and stay there for a week and go nowhere. They have given you your cruise.

Famous story is much like your situation. Hurricane season with Caribean cruise from Florida. From the time ship left dock to the break water, cruise line decided unsafe and ordered captain on different course. Pax were informed via the PA their cruise was now headed to Canada.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

A few years ago Hurricane Paula happened while we were cruising. We were suppose to have done a Western Caribbean cruise. But it was changed to an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

No one on the ship was given any kind of compensation.

We had been to the ports many times before. We were scheduled to visit one new port.

Didn't bother us.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

A few years ago Hurricane Paula happened while we were cruising. We were suppose to have done a Western Caribbean cruise. But it was changed to an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

No one on the ship was given any kind of compensation.

We had been to the ports many times before. We were scheduled to visit one new port.

Didn't bother us.

If I were on a western Caribbean itinerary which got switched to eastern, I would be delighted - and happy that the line did not bill me for an upgrade.