Vision in the Med

I've been reading a lot of reviews for The Vision, and I'm a little panicked. I talk my in laws, 25 of them to be exact, into this cruise for the itinerary, but some of them have not had a good cruising experiences. I have sailed on many Royal cruises, but never on The Vision. I love the Radiance Class, is this ship that much smaller? Any positive input would be appreciated! I keep watching for a beverage package deal, maybe that would keep them happy!! Thanks for your input in advance.

Amy

Have sailed Vision twice, most recently 12 night Baltic cruise in June. It is smaller and older than most of the fleet but we found it to be just fine for a port intensive cruise, ship is in great shape, food was ok, no better or worse than other royal ships, the crew and service was excellent. I think that you have to remember that people who have had a bad experience seem more likely to post a review. Just go with an open mind and have a great time.

I've been reading a lot of reviews for The Vision, and I'm a little panicked. I talk my in laws, 25 of them to be exact, into this cruise for the itinerary, but some of them have not had a good cruising experiences. I have sailed on many Royal cruises, but never on The Vision. I love the Radiance Class, is this ship that much smaller? Any positive input would be appreciated! I keep watching for a beverage package deal, maybe that would keep them happy!! Thanks for your input in advance.

Amy

The ship is smaller than Radiance class, but you will find the main pool area larger that Radiance class because there's no kiddie pool area. I like the Solarium area on Vision class better than Radiance class too, seems more open and better views outside.

Sailed on Vision twice this year in Dubai and it was great, friendliest crew, great selection in Solarium cafe ( far better than on Jewel) and if you have Captain Marek than he is very personable and charming.

I went with low expectations but she was so good I went back on her a month later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sailed on Vision twice this year in Dubai and it was great, friendliest crew, great selection in Solarium cafe ( far better than on Jewel) and if you have Captain Marek than he is very personable and charming.

I went with low expectations but she was so good I went back on her a month later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with all your comments.We sailed from Dubai in February and had a great time.

Amy

If you book through the UK website they are offering free Deluxe Drinks Packages.

Lovely ship don't worry.

Yes, Vision class is smaller than Radiance class, but you will get the same wonderful service. Ship is very easy to maneuver.

We just returned from a b2b on Vision sailing up to Quebec and back. Had a fantastic time with the friendliest of staff and crew.

We also did Vision in July for the 12 night Baltic. Vision class, although smaller, is my favorite class ship. It's more the "old style" cruising where at sea days means pool games, art auctions, bingo, or just hanging out on my balcony or as sun deck. We also found the food just fine, service exceptional. The smaller ship means you actually meet people, and have a much more "intimate" interaction with crew members. The ship is older and it showed somewhat. Not in a particularly bad way, but the decor is a bit dated. However the crew worked very hard to keep it clean and in top shape.

You will be on a "port intensive" cruise. If you're like us, you'll spend any sea days trying to recover from long and very active days in port. My personal belief is that Vision is most suited for this type of cruise.

Go with positive but reasonable expectations and you'll have a great time.

Not sure his name,about 35 short dark hair, he was bringing most of the drinks and shook everyones hand when they entered.

I think you mean Vojtech, who I believe has left the company temporarily. He was one of the best.

If you book through the UK website they are offering free Deluxe Drinks Packages.

Lovely ship don't worry.

I saw that on our roll call thread.

I was irritated at first, but after consulting with my TA, she explained that we couldn't get that offer and we were paying considerably less and could add the beverage package for almost the same cost in the end. I hope she was right...Thanks for the heads up though, would've been nice!

Amy

I saw that on our roll call thread.

I was irritated at first, but after consulting with my TA, she explained that we couldn't get that offer and we were paying considerably less and could add the beverage package for almost the same cost in the end. I hope she was right...Thanks for the heads up though, would've been nice!

Amy

Yes they have bumped the price up to cover the free drinks package.

We hardly drink so it is a disadvantage to us as the DL drinks are more than enough for us.

Not counting the Enchantment, we've been on 3 Vision ships- Rhapsody twice and recently on the Vision- actually on the Quebec to New York cruise that was half of Cruizinfever's B2B.

These are great ships for the right kid of cruise- I see papaflamingo posted to- they were on both the Alaska and European cruise on the Rhapsody with us.

For the kind of cruise were the scenery is important, or that getting into small places (including tender only ports) is key- these ships are totally awesome. Moreso if the cruise is very port intensive. All of those factors favor small ships, and for the most part, really reduce the major need of the features on the larger ships.

I would not hesitate a moment for a Med cruise on the Vision or any of her sisters.

One more suggestion I will note- do not read reviews when she is in Galveston. None. People sailing out of there have come to expect some set of ship features, and given that the ports she sails to are ones that are commonly gone to- the large ship features are quite a bit more important. So, without doubt to me, there will be a lot of negative reviews for this ship and her itineraries our of Texas. Those may have been awesome on this ship 20 years ago, but she's now far better suited to port intensive cruises where the scenery is pretty amazing. Alaska, Eastern Med, etc. And the trip down the St. Lawrence Seaway was really nice.

Have sailed Vision twice, most recently 12 night Baltic cruise in June. It is smaller and older than most of the fleet but we found it to be just fine for a port intensive cruise, ship is in great shape, food was ok, no better or worse than other royal ships, the crew and service was excellent. I think that you have to remember that people who have had a bad experience seem more likely to post a review. Just go with an open mind and have a great time.

We also did the 12-night Baltic on Vision this past July and I would second the above post whole-heartedly !! Enjoy your cruise!:D