Uber or Lyft newbie

wongcruise

We will be flying in to FLL and cruise out of Miami. We have never used Uber or Lyft before but our daughter is trying to convince us to give them a try. Would it be a long wait to get a vehicle after the cruise since we have an ealry flight to catch and need to travel from the Port of Miami to the FLL airport? Is one company preferable to the other in the FLL/Miami? Is there a special area at the airport and the cruise terminal where you wait to be picked up?

Any idea on how much it would cost one way?

Both companies are good, I’ve noticed that depending on which city I’m in one is always cheaper and or quicker than the other (Lyft was better in Chicago but Uber was better in San Francisco.) It’s never that much but it you want to save a few bucks or a few minutes in waiting I would download both and then see once at port which one will suit your time schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve used Uber several times to get to and from Port Everglades and in other cities, including London. Like most apps for a smartphone, they are not hard to use. My suggestion would be to download the apps before you travel and get familiar with how they work.

You’ll need to put credit card information in the software before you travel. You can even get an estimate of your fare by entering your location and destination on the map. It should show up at the bottom. You shouldn’t need to select a ride to get an estimate. I’ve found the estimates to be quite accurate.

Finally, as a first time rider you can get a discount of around $15 with a promo code. A friend or family member who already uses Uber can provide one. Enter that code into Payments and it will automatically be used on your initial trip.

If you need a code, you are welcome to use mine. We both get a $15 discount. My code is 6y3g9.

Neal from Cincinnati

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any estimates (ballpark) on cost taxi vs UBER Fll to Los Olas/A1A. Los Olas to PE.

You can get accurate estimates for Uber by entering the destinations and pick-up into the app. The fare should appear just before you Confirm the Ride (don’t do that.)

Taxis, I can’t help you. :-)

Neal

Sent from my iPad using Forums