Can I bring Bottled Water and Wine on Board?

Can I bring my own bottled water on board?

Also are we allowed a bottle of wine per person like other cruise lines?

I know there may be a corkage fee' date=' but don't know Royal's rules- first time RCCL :)[/quote']

You're allowed to bring two 750ml bottles onboard per stateroom. If you take the bottle (even opened) into a public area to drink it, you may be charged a corkage fee of $15 per bottle.

Can I bring my own bottled water on board?

Also are we allowed a bottle of wine per person like other cruise lines?

I know there may be a corkage fee' date=' but don't know Royal's rules- first time RCCL :)[/quote']

As previously stated, you can bring two bottles (750ml) of wine per stateroom. Although bringing water onboard is technically a no no, I have seen numerous cruisers bring a case of bottled water on board and never has security or anyone else confiscated their water.

As previously stated, you can bring two bottles (750ml) of wine per stateroom. Although bringing water onboard is technically a no no, I have seen numerous cruisers bring a case of bottled water on board and never has security or anyone else confiscated their water.

I took a case of sparkling water on board Freedom in June when embarking in Barcelona.

Thank you for asking... I was just assuming it was the same. Will try to bring water since we will have a baby with us and will want to use it for formula. I hope they let us on with it...

The ship's tap water is potable, but if you prefer you can purchase bottled water on board.

Thank you for asking... I was just assuming it was the same. Will try to bring water since we will have a baby with us and will want to use it for formula. I hope they let us on with it...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If they do stop you because of the water, they seem to be more lenient with needs such as babies etc... but as mentioned, many do bring it on board. As for the wine, I brought my own for last two cruises but now with the corkage fee, I dont know if it is worth it unless you have one you really like or find it for $15 less than a comparable bottle Onboard. And yes on board prices are a rip off but same as going out to restaurants etc..

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

I always bring wine and maybe once pd the corkage fee, I have also brought bigger bottles then the cruise sells and no-one complained. I was thinking the same about the case of bottle water, to give the babies. Like the tap water isn't potable so to clean their bottles??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but to say that "on board prices are a rip off" seems funny. IMO a $13.00 drink is a rip-off as is multi dollars for some colored water otherwise known as coffee but you "add" it to the beverage package and suddenly everybody is telling you how "worth it" the thing is.

Bring your two 750 bottles of wine in your carry on. Put your "really not allowed but mostly ignored rule" bottled water inside a checked bag with handles and a luggage tag.

PC porters are starting to refuse the "lets just slap a luggage tag on a bulky case of shrink wrapped water and let the crew members handle it". They don't want to handle that any more than you want to drag that all around the ship until your cabin is available. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes that's fine

Thanks - I planned on drinking the wine in room :) Balcony wine :)

As for the water - I have to say this is where Carnival excels (the only place LOL) - they charge a minimal $7 for 12 bottles delivered to room. Royal charging me $48 canadian for 12 bottles is excessive. I actually planned to put a case in an empty suitcase, that we will use on the way home for shopping :) I thought they might take it out when they x-ray.

Princess now has a really inexpensive price for 24 bottles of water delivered to your stateroom. I hope RCCL starts that. Last year we bought a case of water in a duffle bag and checked it. It beat our luggage to our door.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We each bring three or four empty water bottles in our checked bags. We fill them with ship tap water and reuse them all week. We always have cold water in the fridge this way.

Usually we arrive a couple days before cruising. I will drink a couple 16oz diet cokes and save those bottles. They are thick and sturdy bottles.

I used to carry a heavy case of water on board but realized its really only the plastic bottles that I need.

Bring a corkscrew so u don’t have to pay corkage fee

It seems you do not understand corkage fees.

They are not for removing the cork, although they will do this. They are to replace lost revenue from you bringing your own wine. Or beer or liquor in a land based restaurant. It is the food industry term for the charge.

You only pay a corkage fee on board, if you take the bottle to a public space. If you open it in your cabin and pour into a glass, you can carry anywhere without any fee.

Corkage fees are not consistently charged on RCI ships.

I do not understand why people get so wound up about corkage fees on board, just try taking your own alcohol into any land based restaurant and see what happens.

The water on board is probably cleaner/purer than your bottled water.

If you have a special need, contact the special needs department of RCI and get their approval. And carry a copy of the reply in case you need it.

Also, people have reported that the ships have supplied distilled water for CPAP machines, so that may be another source (again, through special needs).

It may depend on the ship as far as allowing water, but on the Liberty, it happens all the time. People slap a luggage tag on a case of water and check it in with their bags.

Don't try it at Port Canaveral. They are refusing them...and rightly so.

Once again, the porters and the hard working crew members that are wheeling your luggage to you on embarkation day, have a hard time handling that bulky case. Put it in something with handles would be a nice thing to do.

It seems you do not understand corkage fees.

They are not for removing the cork, although they will do this. They are to replace lost revenue from you bringing your own wine. Or beer or liquor in a land based restaurant. It is the food industry term for the charge.

You only pay a corkage fee on board, if you take the bottle to a public space. If you open it in your cabin and pour into a glass, you can carry anywhere without any fee.

Corkage fees are not consistently charged on RCI ships.

I do not understand why people get so wound up about corkage fees on board, just try taking your own alcohol into any land based restaurant and see what happens.

If you pour in the cabin, do you need to walk around with a generic cup per se (disposable, tumbler, etc) or can I get a plastic wine glass and walk freely without issues?