Any News of Triumph Issues??

Mcuni01

I saw that the Triumph docked on time time and i was just wondering if the problem was fixed? And if the Cruise that left today was still on its same route is was planned to do? Im going on her on the 25th and i got my fingers crossed that she will be able to make it to Progreso and Cozumel..

I read an email that Carnival sent to the people that are boarding Triumph this week. It said that they would be delaying the boarding time from 11:30am and would board passengers from 3pm until 6pm. It also said that the ship would operate its normal schedule.

I will try to find the letter and post it. It also gives a text code and number for updates on The Triumph.

FEBRUARY 2, 2013

February 1, 2013

Hi there,

We're sure you must be looking forward to your cruise tomorrow, so that is why we want to provide you with some important information regarding the arrival of the Carnival Triumph and our itinerary plans.

The Carnival Triumph will be delayed arriving into Galveston tomorrow due to a technical problem with the ship's propulsion system and adverse weather conditions encountered returning from the previous cruise. The technical issue is only affecting her maximum cruising speed and all other safety systems and hotel services are functioning normally.

At this time, we anticipate to be alongside tomorrow at approximately 11:30 AM. For your comfort and convenience, and since seating is limited at our cruise terminal, we ask that you not make your way to the terminal until 3:00 PM. Check-in for your cruise is now scheduled for 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM and we will set sail shortly thereafter.

Please know that repairs are still underway, but we expect to successfully complete the work and operate the scheduled itinerary for your cruise.

To stay up to date on any changes, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473). If you have already done so during your online check-in, you will automatically receive updates.

We sincerely apologize for the delayed start to your cruise vacation and thank you for your understanding.

More importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard the beautiful Carnival Triumph for a fun and memorable cruise!

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

Hope this helps set some cruisers minds at ease a little. I would suggest everyone sailing to keep that text code and use it! :p

Just got off the Triumph this morning...she docked about 9:30 and we were off the ship and in our car by 11:30 and we were the first ones off right after self assist. As far as i know she is still having problems. When we left Progreso on Thursday and we were delayed 4 hrs leaving there waiting on spare parts and tools and never heard if it was fixed yet.

I guess I don't know what that means. I got the letter from another post in Cruise Critic.:confused:

There was a thread here recently about Carnival's writing style in letters of this kind, i.e. the opening salutation was: "Betcha can't wait to start your vacation" or similar. Many posters didn't care for the use of the slang word Betcha.

Just got off the Triumph this morning...she docked about 9:30 and we were off the ship and in our car by 11:30 and we were the first ones off right after self assist. As far as i know she is still having problems. When we left Progreso on Thursday and we were delayed 4 hrs leaving there waiting on spare parts and tools and never heard if it was fixed yet.

Tugs turned her around to head out, so it appears that she is still not 100%. The letter above did say that repairs were still underway. Maybe the speed issues are fixed since the letter also said that she would do her scheduled itinerary.

Tugs turned her around to head out, so it appears that she is still not 100%. The letter above did say that repairs were still underway. Maybe the speed issues are fixed since the letter also said that she would do her scheduled itinerary.

They originally told us yesterday we would not arrive until 11:30 this morning but first announcement this morning they said due to excellent conditions at sea we were able to make up some time overnight and would be arriving earlier. We had a LOT of unhappy people on this cruise!:eek:

Archived