hotels near venice port

Costa baby

Please help. I need suggestions for a hotel near the venice port as we would like to stay one night after our cruise with Costa. There are smaill kids in our group and we will have luggage so a nice hotel convenient from the port and not far from venice centre. Much appreciated in advance

If you stay on the Mestre you will not be close to the city but still on the LAND and can take a quick land taxi to the cruise port. This way you avoid the expensive water taxi's. If you have time you can venture into the city and use the public water taxi and go up or down the Grand Canal....get off at San Marco to see the Square.....you won't have that much time with kids to do anything for 1 day . You may find a Mestre Hotel cheaper and easier to get to cruise port the next day!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

we chose to stay near the port, at hotel best western olimpia, which was great ! it is right by Piazzale Roma where the airport bus stops and we actually walked to our ship - it is about 20min. walk on a busy street, but it is doable - unless u have kids and lots of luggage, then take a taxi, but it's very close - u are also about 30 min. walk to the main sightseeing sites in venice .. highly recommend this hotel.

You can take the people mover from the port to Piazzle Roma for 1.5 euros per person. We stayed at the Hotel Olympia post cruise and the Hotel Abbazia pre cruise. Both good choices with only 1 bridge to cross for either hotel. I would definitely stay in Venice.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...

I would definitely stay in Venice albeit more expensive than Mestre and at a hotel near Piazzle Roma its then only a €1.50 two minute people mover ride to the port and then a five minute walk to the ship over flat ground when you get off really easy.

We have stayed at and can recommend Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal and Hotel Capri both are about a five minute walk from Piazzle Roma.