South America cruise without Antarctica?

zitsky

I've already checked the website. Just looking for confirmation. It seems that Seabourn's South America trips from Buenos Aires to Santiago include a trip to Antarctica. That trip seems to be 21 days.

I am looking for a shorter trip of maybe 14 days going from Argentina to Chile. Maybe I need to wait until I have more time to do the Antarctica trip?

I've already checked the website. Just looking for confirmation. It seems that Seabourn's South America trips from Buenos Aires to Santiago include a trip to Antarctica. That trip seems to be 21 days.

I am looking for a shorter trip of maybe 14 days going from Argentina to Chile. Maybe I need to wait until I have more time to do the Antarctica trip?

Yes - if you are determined to sail with seabourn

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've noticed the same problem with SB and also other lines. We seem to be in the minority in that we aren't interested in spending time and money visiting Antarctica. All the South American cruises seem to go there.

We've noticed the same problem with SB and also other lines. We seem to be in the minority in that we aren't interested in spending time and money visiting Antarctica. All the South American cruises seem to go there.

Most if these must be float bys. You cant get a full ship of 2,000 people out on the ice.

Most if these must be float bys. You cant get a full ship of 2,000 people out on the ice.

And, what 2000 passenger Seabourn ship have you dreamt up?? Quest does these cruises and they carry a max of 450 double occupancy and 400 for the Antarctica cruises.

We most certainly don't do a float by. Six days on the ice if the weather is willing. 4 weeks until we board in Miami and head for Antarctica!! Don't think any of us on this board are going to cruise on a 2000 passenger monstrosity of the sea!!!

And, what 2000 passenger Seabourn ship have you dreamt up?? Quest does these cruises and they carry a max of 450 double occupancy and 400 for the Antarctica cruises.

We most certainly don't do a float by. Six days on the ice if the weather is willing. 4 weeks until we board in Miami and head for Antarctica!! Don't think any of us on this board are going to cruise on a 2000 passenger monstrosity of the sea!!!

Rallydave, please don't get your panties in a twist! I was simply referring to *other* cruise lines like Holland America that do "cruise only" trips to Antarctica.

Thank you and have a n-ice day!