Oceania online check in?

Boo2

We've done most of our cruising with Celebrity over the last decade so I'm used to the way that they do things. When you do the online check in, you're asked for info on the credit card that you want associated with your sea pass card.

We just booked our first Oceania cruise and while I was doing the online check in, I wasn't asked for my credit card info at all. Do they not use a sea pass card while on board? Can someone fill me in on how this works?

Thanks!

Yes, you'll have a card for on board use. You'll do the check-in, i.e. present your credit card and sign approval, at a counter at the terminal after completing the health questionnaire. It is usually fast, if you arrive at your time slot , or like us late in the afternoon after local touring.

You will find Oceania is not like Celebrity in a lot of ways

When you get to the counter they take your passport info, take your CC then take your photo ..give you your seapass card & you are on your way

You even get luggage tags sent to you

A word to the wise....

Please don't call them Seapasses on Oceania-

They are World Cards ;)

I used SEAPASS so as not to confuse people from the main stream lines that may not understand what a world card was :evilsmile:

I used SEAPASS so as not to confuse people from the main stream lines that may not understand what a world card was :evilsmile:

Thank you; I wouldn't have known what a world card is. Not everyone here has taken an Oceania cruise yet. This thread has been interesting since I usually sail on Princess or Celebrity and am glad to learn how O does check in.

Key card or room card should work well on all cruise lines.

Soon, on Princess ships, the cruise card will be a thing of the past. Starting on Nov. 13, first on Regal Princess, the Ocean Medallion (a quarter sized medallion) will replace cruise cards.

Lyn, believe it or not that’s the way Celebrity check in at the pier works also.

To OP, One big difference is that Oceania’s website actually retains your info and you don’t have to put it in for every cruise. You just put in the cruise number, ship and date, and everything else is saved.

Celebrity’s website is a huge mess

Soon, on Princess ships, the cruise card will be a thing of the past. Starting on Nov. 13, first on Regal Princess, the Ocean Medallion (a quarter sized medallion) will replace cruise cards.

Will that be a bracelet? Uggh, no thanks

Lyn, believe it or not that’s the way Celebrity check in at the pier works also.

Yes most do it that way

Some will ask for CC in the online personalizer & you can select pillow type, soft drinks for the fridge & other options ahead of time

O does not have those options

Will that be a bracelet? Uggh, no thanks

I'm not too happy about it either, but it's not like I can do anything about it. Supposedly the medallion will unlock the cabin door, pay for purchases and other things that a cruise card does. You can get a bracelet or lanyard for it, clip it onto something or stick it in a pocket/purse. Its a marketing tool to hopefully get us to spend more money. Lots of threads about it on the Princess board. If it's profitable, I think their plan is to eventually roll it out on all Carnival Corp ships.

I'm not too happy about it either, but it's not like I can do anything about it. Supposedly the medallion will unlock the cabin door, pay for purchases and other things that a cruise card does. You can get a bracelet or lanyard for it, clip it onto something or stick it in a pocket/purse. Its a marketing tool to hopefully get us to spend more money. Lots of threads about it on the Princess board. If it's profitable, I think their plan is to eventually roll it out on all Carnival Corp ships.

As I understand it, they will be marketing cruise-wear with special pockets which will securely hold the tokens. Yikes!

You will find Oceania is not like Celebrity in a lot of ways

When you get to the counter they take your passport info, take your CC then take your photo ..give you your seapass card & you are on your way

You even get luggage tags sent to you

Just back from Sirena and a tip: since they give you a "world Pass" they take your passport and keep it until the trip ends. In some ports you need govt photo id to re-board the ship at the local security, and your passport is not with you, so if you do not have a drivers licence with your photo, you need to make a copy of your passport to use as govt id. The nice people in the pursers office will do this for you if you haven't done it. We learned this on this trip.

Just back from Sirena and a tip: since they give you a "world Pass" they take your passport and keep it until the trip ends. In some ports you need govt photo id to re-board the ship at the local security, and your passport is not with you, so if you do not have a drivers licence with your photo, you need to make a copy of your passport to use as govt id. The nice people in the pursers office will do this for you if you haven't done it. We learned this on this trip.

Keep in mind it depends on the itinerary. On our last trip in the Baltic they kept taking and giving our passports to us depending on the regulations of the port we were stopping at.

I've been on others where they never take the passport and others where they kept it the whole trip.

Yes we carry our DL when going ashore in ports where a photo is required

We found on some cruises they will take NON U.S passports for the duration of the cruise so we also take a copy of the passport photo page

One Caribbean cruise we got to keep our passport & cleared immigration in the port building just like the Americans :evilsmile: