FLL to port everglades rental car transportation

rebel26

I rent a lot of cars and have always disliked dealing with rental car companies on the phone. When you call the national rental center those agents know very little..unless it is staring them on their screen. That is when you simply do not take NO for an answer and politely insist they either contact the local office and get an answer...or give you a direct phone number so you can do the asking. I do know that Alamo has a free shuttle from the Port of Miami to MIA....but not sure about FLL.

Hank

My experience has been yes they do have a shuttle. I have never taken it from the port to the airport but I have taken it from the airport to the port. If it runs one way it must run the other way what time the best friends I don’t know but you will have to show your Alamo car rental reservation so make sure you print it out before you leave home

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If my memory serves me correctly the answer is no, I rented one from Budget which is not far from the terminal. They had a shuttle to the terminal, there are only a few companies that are close and offer a shuttle. I had searched many posts on this one prior to my cruise a few years ago and ended up changing my reservation to Budget because of this reason. I remember reading that there are quite a few that say that they have a shuttle but do not, and you end up having to get a cab or and Uber from the rental company office to the cruise terminal. Theres Sixt, I used a rental car after the cruise as well and just took a taxi over to Dollar on the way out of the terminal. This is the thread that was helpful to us. Good luck!

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=923603

Last year Budget and Alamo opened rental desks at Port Everglades. In fact, we flew into West Palm as it was a cheaper flight and hotel costs the day before, picked up our Alamo rental in West Palm airport, drove to the port the next day, drop off the car at the port, take the shuttle to the correct dock, and reversed everything when we came back. Worked very slick.

Because they have rental sites at the cruise port, we were told there were no longer any courtesy shuttles in between the port and FLL airport. I may be wrong, that was just our understanding.

Last year Budget and Alamo opened rental desks at Port Everglades. In fact, we flew into West Palm as it was a cheaper flight and hotel costs the day before, picked up our Alamo rental in West Palm airport, drove to the port the next day, drop off the car at the port, take the shuttle to the correct dock, and reversed everything when we came back. Worked very slick.

Because they have rental sites at the cruise port, we were told there were no longer any courtesy shuttles in between the port and FLL airport. I may be wrong, that was just our understanding.

Did you pick up your car at the Terminal? If so which one, of the several?

I think you might be confused...Alamo is immediately outside the Eller gate. It is not on port property.

Well not exactly on port property but close enough to get the free shuttle to and from the port/dock.

You still go through the port security gates if I remember right to get to the Eller Drive location because we asked the gate person which direction to go and he got us in the right direction.

Well not exactly on port property but close enough to get the free shuttle to and from the port/dock.

You still go through the port security gates if I remember right to get to the Eller Drive location because we asked the gate person which direction to go and he got us in the right direction.

No, the gate is one block east (towards the port) of the Alamo site.