Do they always reserve you for first night on a dining package? BOGO?

CP3o

Say BOGO not offered but regular dining packages are.

Can you book the 4 or 5 night and then also book BOGO if offered? Using BOGO first two nights and the package other nights?

Thanks.

Yes, you can purchase multiple dining packages.

Say BOGO not offered but regular dining packages are.

Can you book the 4 or 5 night and then also book BOGO if offered? Using BOGO first two nights and the package other nights?

Thanks.

I am not sure you could, as the dining package has to be booked for day 1 or 2, and BOGO is for day 1 and 2, it seems that it would not allow you to do both, unless of course you plan on eating twice :)

I am not sure you could, as the dining package has to be booked for day 1 or 2, and BOGO is for day 1 and 2, it seems that it would not allow you to do both, unless of course you plan on eating twice :)

I would have thought the same thing. My 5 night package states that I have to book night 1 or 2 at their choice of restaurant. I thought BOGO was for nights 1 & 2. I know Clarea is always right, but this one puzzles me.

I would have thought the same thing. My 5 night package states that I have to book night 1 or 2 at their choice of restaurant. I thought BOGO was for nights 1 & 2. I know Clarea is always right, but this one puzzles me.

Not always right, I could be remembering wrong.

Let's wait for Ken to come by and weigh in because he's more familiar with these packages.

Don't know how things are now but when we did the Harmony crossing last year, we booked the 5 night dining package. We had bogo nights 1 & 2 and then used the dining package for 5 of the following 6 nights. No problem.

We're leaving in a couple days for Barcelona to do the Freedom crossing. We bought the 5 night dining package for that one as well and plan to do the same as we did on the Harmony last year.

Update: Both cruises we had to book our dining package reservation for day 1 online. On the Harmony, they just moved that booking to day 3 when were onboard and made our reservations. Expect Royal to do that on the Freedom as well.

Tim

Not always right, I could be remembering wrong.

Let's wait for Ken to come by and weigh in because he's more familiar with these packages.

Here's my take on it.

There are two different BOGOS available.

The first is free for D+ and above. This one I believe that you can use with a 3,4 or 5 Dining package that gets booked via the cruise planner.

The second is the BOGO that is a sale through the cruise planner. I do not believe that you can purchase the BOGO and the 3,4 or 5 night package as there would be a scheduling conflict that the system would recognize.

You would probably be able to purchase the BOGO through the cruise planner MD then purchase the 3,4 or 5 night package on boarf if offered.

That's just my guess on how that would work. We booked the FNDR as well as the 4 night package for our upcoming Oasis cruuse but there was no conflict as we selected night 2 for our 4 night Dining package instead of night 1.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Thanks Ken.

Before our recent Serenade cruise, we purchased a 3 night dining package. We went to Chops the first day and made reservations for nights 2, 6 and 11. When we dined at Chops on the second night we were offered the option of either using the BOGO diamond plus benefit or of using the 1st night of the dining package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can I book the dining packages once on board? Or do they have to be booked in advance?

They were pushing the dining package for the duration of our cruise on Independence in July. We had booked the 4 night, but upgraded it to the 5 after experiencing the quality of food/service in the MDR.

On booking online we had a reserved time for dining on the first night, but no allocated restaurant. We had to book that once on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums