celebritiy reflection

nineteen2

Going on a celebrity reflection cruise in Nov.; Have been on many ships but never sailed with Celebrity. On a 10 day cruise how many dress up nights do you have? Do the people get really dressed up or is it more casual.

Also, on the days we are in port are there activities going on in the ship. Do they have trivia or any other games going on. We like to play cards and do they have a room where card players meet?

I hope you like Reflection as much as we did! There are two dress up night in a 10 day cruise. The dress varies a lot, from very dressed up to pretty casual. Wear what you feel best in and you’ll be fine. There is a card room to enjoy and yes there are plenty of activities while on board the ship while the ship is in port. DO check out the Celebrity board for more fun info and the roll call board, too! Have fun!:cool:

• 2 months later...

Hi

We are sailing on Reflection Nov.26 and I would like suggestions for tours in Aruba and Bonaire. We are not beach or water goers so land tour ideas would be helpful. 

So excited about the cruise and appreciate all answers.

4 minutes ago, Mira vista said:

Hi

We are sailing on Reflection Nov.26 and I would like suggestions for tours in Aruba and Bonaire. We are not beach or water goers so land tour ideas would be helpful. 

So excited about the cruise and appreciate all answers.

I suggest heading over to the Ports of Call forum for these questions.  Lots of information over there.  

This forum is more for general cruising questions.

Guess I could tell you to go elsewhere,  but its easier to just answer your question.  On a 10 day cruise you will have two (2) Chic Nights (what Celebrity now calls their dressy nights).   On those nights you will see everything from formal wear to something a lot less.   Celebrity no longer has "formal nights" for about the last 2 years....having moved to a somewhat more optional night they called "chic."  Yes, there is a card room although you might find card players just about anywhere on a sea day.   On port days, there will be a very limited amount of "activities" during the time when the ship in actually in port.  Once the ship leaves the port, things return to a more normal routine with the usual Trivia and some other activities.

If you are thinking about staying aboard while in port (we do this quite often) there is not much going on during the port time.  Most folks go ashore...although there are always a hundred+ who stay aboard to relax, eat and drink.  When we stay aboard we will usually grab loungers on the pool deck and read.

Hank

P.S,  Now, you can go the regular Celebrity board and learn the same as we just posted 🙂

We were on two Celebrity cruises this year -- Infinity and Constellation.  Celebrity has "elegant chic" nights as opposed to formal nights.  If you look at their website they talk about designer jeans being OK.  Anyway, in reality on both cruises a pretty large number of folks (maybe 20%) were suited up.  Remainder were more casually dressed.  I would say everyone dressed sharp and looked neat and tidy.   Kind of like what used to be called 'business casual' for corporate meetings.  

48 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I suggest heading over to the Ports of Call forum for these questions.  Lots of information over there.  

This forum is more for general cruising questions.

Thank you I will look for that forum