cruise to Cuba

wggold

We are considering a cruise to Cuba. Considering Norwegian Sky vs Royal Carribean Majesty of the Seas. Majesty does not have balconies, Sky does. I'm concerned about Norwegian's all inclusive drinks. We like to drink & have fun, but I'm not looking for Spring Break in Ft. Lauderdale crowd, which some reviews have said. Any recommendations?

We took the Norwegian Sky June 2017 to Cuba. It was our first time on NCL and we did not enjoy the cruise. Because of it being a shorter cruise (5 days) the entertainment was lacking, the food was not great and it was generally noisy and overrun with families with very young children. I understand that taking a very short cruise will attract a different cruiser than you would find on a two week or longer cruise, but our first impression was not great and we wouldn't sail on NCL in the future. Just MHO.

Barb

We just returned from cruise to Key West and Havana on Majesty of the Seas; we had an obstructed view cabin(8012). Room was small but fine for a short cruise; we spent 99% of our waking hours on deck away from the crowds. We are considering inside for our next cruise for that reason. Food was fabulous! Staff we encountered was friendly, helpful and very professional. We had the deluxe drink/internet package. I would do internet again, but maybe not drink package. I found myself ordering drinks to ‘get my money’s worth’. If possible, pick dates when schools are in session (if you want to have a more adult crowd). Spring breaks can last from March to early April. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just went through the same debate myself and ended up going with Majesty. If I went with Sky I would have had the drink package+balcony for $200 less than what I paid on royal, but after4 cruises with royal so far and having not been let down on any, I decided to pay extra and know I'm going to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We got back from a four-night cruise to Cuba about two weeks ago on the Sky. Our main reason for any cruise is the itinerary; it doesn't hurt that we were also offered a good fare since it was after final payment. Lots of rooms available.

We didn't see any children and even with a cruise-long open bar, very few over-indulgers.

The entertainment and food were good but I admit we never ate in the main dining room. Our experience on other Norwegian ships would tell me that the food there is good as well.

We've not traveled on Royal Carribean but have used Norwegian twice before. We'll travel on Norwegian again if the itinerary is right.