Jewel in the Mediterranean: bar liquor question

I am interested to know whether Jewel stocks bourbon whilst on European itineraries. I like bourbon best of all the whiskeys - for mixed drinks , anyway - but often bourbon is difficult to find, hilariously expensive (Jack Daniel's selling for the price of a really nice Scotch whisky) and rather limited to Jack Daniel's (which is fine!, but in our house it's the cooking bourbon) in Europe. We are B2B and I have the all-includive package and would prefer shots or mixed drinks to sub-par wine or beer. We do drink a lot of the frozen drinks and they are always good.

Barring whiskey/whisky (heh heh) that, what sort of vodka is included in the package whilst in the Med?

Any insight?

I am interested to know whether Jewel stocks bourbon whilst on European itineraries. I like bourbon best of all the whiskeys - for mixed drinks , anyway - but often bourbon is difficult to find, hilariously expensive (Jack Daniel's selling for the price of a really nice Scotch whisky) and rather limited to Jack Daniel's (which is fine!, but in our house it's the cooking bourbon) in Europe. We are B2B and I have the all-includive package and would prefer shots or mixed drinks to sub-par wine or beer. We do drink a lot of the frozen drinks and they are always good.

Barring whiskey/whisky (heh heh) that, what sort of vodka is included in the package whilst in the Med?

Any insight?

I am booked on the Jewel for a Med cruise next May. I do know that on my last 2 Med. cruises (even though on 2 different cruise lines) all had Jack Daniel's, and a variety of vodka(s) that were including in the drink packages. All had bourbon also. There will be enough liquor to satisfy every preference and daily drink specials.

P.S. Jack Daniels is NOT bourbon.

:cool:

I know - it's TN whiskey, but most people don't know the difference and it's the closest I can usually get in Europe. I usually prefer Bulleit or Woodford Reserve.

Thanks for posting these. What were they counting as the drink package amount? I understand it may be different on the EU cruises. Need to know how much I'm going to have to pay for my Kim Crawford. :)

Drink package allowance on Jewel is $12 and Kim Crawford was running around $17. So you'd had to pay $5 plus 18% gratuity... $5.90

Drink package allowance on Jewel is $12 and Kim Crawford was running around $17. So you'd had to pay $5 plus 18% gratuity... $5.90

That feels crazy to me for a wine I can buy at home for $14 a bottle! Thanks for letting me know so I can adjust my expectations of the drink package! Looks like I will be having cocktails instead!

That feels crazy to me for a wine I can buy at home for $14 a bottle! Thanks for letting me know so I can adjust my expectations of the drink package! Looks like I will be having cocktails instead!

Yup. My experience on the Jewel was that cocktails were usually a better option than the beer or wine choices. One thing that we did discover on the Jewel is that if you want an espresso martini you can get the espresso from the coffee bar on deck 5 and then take it down to the martini bar on deck 4 and they would then make the martini. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Newbie here... is there some subtext here in the "officially" that I should know? TIA

I know someone will be ridiculous when I say this, but my husband and I tip $1 cash per drink and we've never paid a difference and always have had premium liquor. I know you pay the tip with the package, but $1 goes a long way. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
I know someone will be ridiculous when I say this, but my husband and I tip $1 cash per drink and we've never paid a difference and always have had premium liquor. I know you pay the tip with the package, but $1 goes a long way. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found this same thing when I was on The Navigator. I tipped the bartender in the pub $25.00 cash when l ordered my first drink (I was not on any drinks packagte) and was very well taken care of for the rest of my trip.

By the way littlebritain seems to have all of the answers :)