Full face snorkel mask

LDWtk

Considering purchasing a full face snorkel mask and have read about various brands. Has anyone liked one brand better than another? And where is the best place to purchase one at the best price? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Considering purchasing a full face snorkel mask and have read about various brands. Has anyone liked one brand better than another? And where is the best place to purchase one at the best price? Thanks!

For what its worth, my wife loves hers. I'm guessing they all come from the same sweat shop in Indonesia or China, but our popped up on a facebook ad my wife saw after we were discussing snorkeling around our phone .

I’ve only used the Tribord EasyBreath, but I absolutely love it! Got it from Amazon.

I don’t think full face masks are as finicky to fit as a traditional mask. I have a narrow face, and always had difficulty getting a traditional mask to fit. I even had to use a child’s mask. The standard Tribord S/M was fine for me. My husband has a more average face size, but my S/M worked well for him, too.

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased the triboard one for myself. I love it. My husband had never seen them and laughed at me. That is.... until he tried it. Now he has his own. 😊 I have now purchased 4 on Amazon for myself and family.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Tribord for my wife last year for our last February cruise. She was not a strong swimmer or a big fan of snorkeling until she tried it. I could hardly get her out of the water after using the Tribord. I bought a knockoff brand for our just returned from December cruise. It was the Explomos full face mask and was about half the price of the Tribord bought off of Amazon. It worked....for about 10 minutes before it started leaking around the edges. At about 15 minutes the valve on the bottom started leaking and the mask started fogging up. We went snorkeling at two ports and both times the mask started leaking at about 10 and 15 minutes in the water. My wife's Tribord did not leak or fog ether time (about 45 minutes each) in the water. Bottom line, I loved the experience using the full face mask, very comfortable to use and amazingly easier than a conventional mask. Unfortunately, the cheap one I bought didn't work so it's going back and I'm buying a Tribord instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a full face mask from Amazon during Prime shopping. Use it in November for 4 days snorkeling and loved it! Much better vision and even if there was a tiny leak at my hairline, it was only when I bent my head down. Even then, the water did not get to my nose or my mouth but was funneled to the drain in the bottom of the mask.

We have Head brand full face masks & love them. 2-2hr sessions of drift snorkeling in Bonaire & 3 hrs in Curacao at Cos Abao Beach. Great visibility & no fogging. We didn’t try to dive more than 10-15’ but it was great

• 2 weeks later...
I bought a full face mask from Amazon during Prime shopping. Use it in November for 4 days snorkeling and loved it! Much better vision and even if there was a tiny leak at my hairline, it was only when I bent my head down. Even then, the water did not get to my nose or my mouth but was funneled to the drain in the bottom of the mask.

What brand did you buy?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...