UPDATED:- ALL the INFO (in table form) on EXPERIENCES, MSC CLUB, SERVICE CHARGES etc.

Skier52

By any chance, have you seen any reviews on the set-in cabins on deck 14 that are directly below the pool deck? Unsure if to take it up. I know they’re normally expected to be noisy but was hoping to read an actual review from past guests (noisy, AC temp., ...) but failed to find any. Any idea where I can look?

It may help if you named the ship you are interested in

Cabin 14064/8

Sorry can't think where to look at reviews for specific cabins

I'd be concerned as well about the overhang and limited views forward and back caused by being recessed between the humps.

As you have Aurea balconies at present, I'd go for the upgrade to YC.

That was where I was when I cruised on her last October, and it was great.

I found the main ship got very crowded.

you can read my review on the link below.

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

• 1 month later...
is there a charge for the cirque du solei shows ?

Yes on Meraviglia you either purchase the show plus cocktail (£12 or $17 or ~ €14)

, or, the show plus meal. (£27 or ~$37 or ~€31)

these are the only options

drinks%20packages%201_1.jpg

drinks%20packages%202.jpg

service%20charge%201.jpg

service%20charge%202.jpg

service%20charge%20removal.jpg

Hello - thank you for this very thorough post! I have a question about the drink packages. We are Canadian but have booked through MSC in the United States. So if we were to pre-order a drink package we would have to pay the US prices (and the exchange rate is horrible now!). We are sailing from Rome in July. Can we buy the packages when we get on board in euros? Or is it more expensive if you don't pre-book? Thank you!

DRINKS PACKAGE UPGRADES AVAILABLE ONBOARD

(SEE THE NEXT TO BOTTOM SET OF 3 BOXES)

024-001.jpg

These prices seem higher than the ones in post 6 above. (Premium/deluxe at 44 Euros/day for an adult vs. 39 euros above). Any idea why?

These prices seem higher than the ones in post 6 above. (Premium/deluxe at 44 Euros/day for an adult vs. 39 euros above). Any idea why?

There is a two tier system, one for Europe and the Caribbean not ex USA and a different price for ex USA cruises.

Pete

Thank you for all this information! I'm thinking of a Mediterranean Cruise in 2020 and trying to gather info now. From what I've seen of the drinks package the allegrissimo covers coffee/hot chocolate/gelato? Does that cover Venchi then?

Thank you for all this information! I'm thinking of a Mediterranean Cruise in 2020 and trying to gather info now. From what I've seen of the drinks package the allegrissimo covers coffee/hot chocolate/gelato? Does that cover Venchi then?

I'm not sure whether Franchise outlets are included in any of the drinks packages.

When I was on Meraviglia, in the YC, so therefore had the premium package gelato was not included as there was a franchised gelato an crepes outlet in the main shopping area of the ship.

So I am guessing that Venchi's will be treated in a similar fashion and not be included in any drinks package just as some top rated spirits and champagnes have two red asterisks beside them on drinks menus, indicating that the are not included in any package.

Pete

Hi there, we just booked MSC seaside departing September 8th from Miami. As far as I get it they still offer that mealtime drink package on the US market... BUT we booked through MSC Europe and there is no option for this package... only the all Inclusive which from my drinking habits is way too overpriced... I called MSC and they pretended that they changed the packages not only for bookings made through Europe. Can somebody please check if the package is maybe still available from outside of Europe or if they sell it on board or in port of embarkation? Thanks ;)

Hi there, we just booked MSC seaside departing September 8th from Miami. As far as I get it they still offer that mealtime drink package on the US market... BUT we booked through MSC Europe and there is no option for this package... only the all Inclusive which from my drinking habits is way too overpriced... I called MSC and they pretended that they changed the packages not only for bookings made through Europe. Can somebody please check if the package is maybe still available from outside of Europe or if they sell it on board or in port of embarkation? Thanks ;)
The mealtime drink package is available on board.

There are also a fixed number of drink vouchers you can buy in advance or on board.

Very useful thread. thank you. It seems to imply that room service is available for those with a bella experience. Has anyone any experience of this? I have assumed that it is chargeable. Any idea how much? We are travelling in Europe.

Very useful thread. thank you. It seems to imply that room service is available for those with a bella experience. Has anyone any experience of this? I have assumed that it is chargeable. Any idea how much? We are travelling in Europe.
Fantastica experience gets you free breakfast in bed, but Bella experience is charged a service fee. See the MSC site for exact figures.

Fantastica experience booked through an American agent gets you 12 alcoholic drink vouchers per person.

Edited by drsel

There are also a fixed number of drink vouchers you can buy in advance or on board.

Do you know how to buy the drink vouchers? I can’t seem to find it on the website. Thank you

Do you know how to buy the drink vouchers? I can’t seem to find it on the website. Thank you
You can buy it on board. Although there may be a discount if you buy it in advance by logging into your MSC cruise account.

I cant see the drink vouchers for purchase online for any of the 5 msc cruises i have.

I read that msc discontinued the ability to buy drink vouchers a few months ago. Did msc bring it back?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I cant see the drink vouchers for purchase online for any of the 5 msc cruises i have.

I read that msc discontinued the ability to buy drink vouchers a few months ago. Did msc bring it back?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

It was there last month. A limited number of vouchers for beer.

Similar for other alcoholic beverages. But each set of vouchers sold was for only for 1 specific type of drink, not valid for any other variety. Eg. Beer vouchers couldn't be used for cocktails and cocktail vouchers couldn't be used for beer.

Edited by drsel

It seems MSC is changing the game on the packages every once in a while... as far as I know the cruises in Europe all have that voucher available... even in advance... we even could buy them in advance for divina last year.... but I just hope that at least that mealtime package will be sold on board in September. I wrote a direct facebook message to Msc seaside on friday, But did not get any responds yet... we'll wait and see and for sure we will have a good time anyways :)

It seems MSC is changing the game on the packages every once in a while... as far as I know the cruises in Europe all have that voucher available... even in advance... we even could buy them in advance for divina last year.... but I just hope that at least that mealtime package will be sold on board in September. I wrote a direct facebook message to Msc seaside on friday, But did not get any responds yet... we'll wait and see and for sure we will have a good time anyways :)
Yes, you can buy these onboard--

1) a mealtime drink package (beer, wine, soda, water)

2) an unlimited alcoholic drinks package (basic or premium)

3) an unlimited non alcoholic beverage package

4) 12 drink vouchers of beer or cocktails

I accept that I will need to pay for my breakfast to be brought to my cabin. I have searched and searched but can find anywhere that says how much. Does anyone know? We will be paying in Euros.
I recommend that you choose the Fantastica experience (booked through an American agency) to get free breakfast in bed, free room service from 6am to 11pm and 12 alcoholic beverage vouchers per adult. (12 non alcoholic beverage vouchers per child)

MSC has changed their HR strategy again. If you like the service of your waiter in the MDR and want to do him something good, order a special dish from him that needs additional payment. The T-Bone-Steak, Lobster Pasta and this stuff. Also all drinks that are ordered without a package count for them to reach their "targets".