Seattle - Pre Cruise option NOT in the city (aka less expensive)

PATRLR

We'll be sailing on the Bliss on June 2, arriving the day before. I was caught off guard at the expense of hotels in the city.

We arrive SeaTac at 11:30AM Friday. We thought we'd want to hang out in the city that afternoon and early evening. Maybe just wander around, maybe hit the Columbia Tower, etc. I actually have the Homewood Suites with a really good points/$ ratio, but, still it's expensive.

Are there any alternative good options for staying out of the city (in other words less expensive) with transport for getting in/out of the city? I suppose we could stay just about anywhere and Uber/Lyft in/out. I'm curious if there are decent trains, water taxi, etc public transport options I might not be aware of.

Thanks

Have you looked at The Moore Hotel on 2nd and Virginia?

You can find a room with a private bath for around $140 even during high season - we stayed here last September for $127/nt with private bath and it was perfect! A clean, historic hotel about a block from Pike Place and a couple of blocks to the waterfront. The only downside is that it doesn't have AC but windows open and we didn't find it an issue at all. My wife is very particular and she loved the place.

Check TripAdvisor ratings and I think you'll be surprised.

Staying near the airport and using the light rail is an option. The ride from the airport to the downtown stations takes around 40-45 minutes. The light rail station at the airport is above Hwy 99, where the bulk of the airport hotels are located. You can use the hotels' shuttles to the airport for the to-and-fro parts.

Lots of options near SeaTac. I'm partial to Hilton properties, and have stayed at the Doubletree at SeaTac and also the one at Southcenter. The Hampton Inn on 28th is fine too. There's a Hilton at SeaTac that connects to the light rail, but I've not stayed there.

Roz

Look at the Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn Bremerton. There’s now fast ferry service that crosses in about 30 minutes and both hotels are less than 750 feet from the ferry dock in Bremerton. In Seattle you’ll arrive about 1/2 mile from the NCL terminal, less to Pike Place Market and the aquarium, with public transit connections and UberX close as well.

I wouldn’t rent a car to visit downtown Seattle. So much traffic and parking is expensive. I like the idea of staying near the airport and using the light rail to downtown. We live about an hour ish from Seattle and that’s what we often do. The other option of staying in Bremerton and taking the ferry is the other thing we do. Uber/Lyft is great for getting around without the stress

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn’t rent a car to visit downtown Seattle. So much traffic and parking is expensive. I like the idea of staying near the airport and using the light rail to downtown. We live about an hour ish from Seattle and that’s what we often do. The other option of staying in Bremerton and taking the ferry is the other thing we do. Uber/Lyft is great for getting around without the stress

I've been to Seattle numerous and never felt the need to rent a car. There are much easier ways to get around. Agree 100% with Dee.

Roz

For my upcoming trip I had checked on some of the hotels in the Tukwila (sp?) area. Rooms are cheaper than SEATAC area (most if not all have free airport shuttle), and the Tukwila station is closer to Seattle, making the ride shorter. You would need to verify if the hotel shuttle will drop you at the station as none of them looked close enough to walk to me.

Try Bremerton. It is an hour ferry ride from and to Seattle. There is a hotel very near the Bremerton terminal. The rates are reasonable. If you will be visiting only Seattle you probably don’t need a car. Hop on the ferry in the morning. Relax and have coffee. Enjoy the beautiful scenery.

You get off the ferry near Pioneer Square. Then you walk or Uber to your destination.

There is a fee to ride from Seattle to Bremerton. It is free on the reverse route. I love taking the ferries around Seattle.

A screenshot of the Bremerton marina is attached. One of the WA State ferries is near the bottom of the photo. Good luck. 6d8de084adb473863835b7737cba422c.jpg

There are lots of options for AirBNBs (maybe less if you are only staying 1 night). We found one about 4.5 miles from the port staying 2 nights at $238.85 (about $119.50/night). Not sure what your budget is, but that was significantly cheaper than the hotels we looked at.

There are lots of options for AirBNBs (maybe less if you are only staying 1 night). We found one about 4.5 miles from the port staying 2 nights at $238.85 (about $119.50/night). Not sure what your budget is, but that was significantly cheaper than the hotels we looked at.

Check out the Seattle light rail. The light rail terminal is in the SeaTac parking lot. Look for hotels at the different stops. Then, use the light rail to get all the way up to the Space needle and points in between. Depending on where you stay, you will probably want to take Uber to the ship. If you’re departing from Pier 91, it is not a walkable route from downtown Seattle. Enjoy!

Check out the Seattle light rail. The light rail terminal is in the SeaTac parking lot. Look for hotels at the different stops. Then, use the light rail to get all the way up to the Space needle and points in between. Depending on where you stay, you will probably want to take Uber to the ship. If you’re departing from Pier 91, it is not a walkable route from downtown Seattle. Enjoy!

I love the light rail but it goes to UW (Husky Stadium) rather than Seattle Center although you can catch the monorail from Westlake and the SLUT is available to south lake union.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

To clarify.. We love the light rail and use it often for getting into the city. But you can’t ride it to Seattle Center. You’d get off at Westlake station and then proceed to the Monorail. I believe the price for the Monorail is 2.50 each way pp. it is separate from the light rail.