Top Ten Sale on Seabourn Website today

wesport

I am taking my second Seabourn cruise this July, and have been lurking around looking at itineraries for 2019. Noticed that there is a top ten sale similar to HAL, that has been posted today. Cruises are within 2 months of sailing after final payment has been made. Seems like they are melding both websites on the same platform. Great prices for last minute sailings.

I am on the 21 day July 14 Mediterranean on the Odyssey, and it is sold out. That itinerary every date says call for availability. There are cabins left on the first 14 day segment and the second 7 day segment, but not on the 21.

Yes, prices are low, but itineraries are not as appealing as most. I note that the med cruises on Odyssey this year seem to be very well sold, even in the penthouse and up category months before sailing, which is less usual.

I am on the 21 day July 14 Mediterranean on the Odyssey, and it is sold out. That itinerary every date says call for availability. There are cabins left on the first 14 day segment and the second 7 day segment, but not on the 21.

Certain cabins are allocated to certain segments of a cruise. I once tried to book a 20 day cruise to be told that it was sold out, however there were the same individual cabins available for each of the 2x10 day segments.

It took some leverage from my TA to have one of these combined as a 20 day( Bureaucracy ?:o)

So in your example above the 21 day allocation has been filled.:)

Also you will find that whole blocks of cabins will become available a couple of months before a cruise. (Block booked by TA's?)

On our last cruise (Sojourn, Singapore to Bali) it was shown as "call for availability" many months prior, then about a month prior over 60 cabins appeared, there were still 63 of all types showing 14 days prior; but we sailed with a full complement:)

I agree with Tilly, for me the itineraries just aren't terribly interesting for this summer.

I'm desperate for a holiday in the next few months, but none of the cruises that fit my available dates hold much interest for me.

Looking at the sale referred to in the OP, there's an itinerary that I like very much but the cruise is on Ovation and at this point I have no intention of setting foot on either Ovation or Encore.

So, it looks as if my options this year are either to take a cruise with ports that I'm not particularly enthusiastic about, look at other cruise lines, or take a land-based holiday. None of those options is particularly appealing.

Looking at the sale referred to in the OP, there's an itinerary that I like very much but the cruise is on Ovation and at this point I have no intention of setting foot on either Ovation or Encore.

Isklaar, we felt as you do, but thought that we should give Encore a try, and we were very impressed, the ship was such an improvement on the "O" class, it just seems to work better (except for the number of pax and "The Retreat":mad: )

Going back on Sojourn earlier this year was a bit of a disappointment.

We have now booked a cruise on Ovation.

You won't know until you try it.

The main problem for us are all the 7 day cruises, we prefer the longer, single segment cruises i.e. more that 14 days per leg.

Isklaar, we felt as you do, but thought that we should give Encore a try, and we were very impressed, the ship was such an improvement on the "O" class, it just seems to work better (except for the number of pax and "The Retreat":mad: )

Going back on Sojourn earlier this year was a bit of a disappointment.

We have now booked a cruise on Ovation.

You won't know until you try it.

The main problem for us are all the 7 day cruises, we prefer the longer, single segment cruises i.e. more that 14 days per leg.

Thanks for the reassurance SKP946. The issues you dislike, 'The Retreat' and the higher number of pax are problematic for me too. I'm also concerned about reports I've read stating that there really isn't much shade around the pool deck on the Encore and the pool deck can feel crowded.

The largest cruise ship I've sailed on so far had a capacity of 540 passengers (Silversea) and when I moved to SB and the O class ships I massively preferred the lower capacity.

I'm sure I'll go on either Encore or Ovation at some point, likely within the next year or two. I just don't feel ready to take the leap just yet!

I notice that the Alaska cruise this June is now one third of the price for June 19. There must be some reluctance to book over a year in advance now.

I think the big problem is that the majority of Seabourn pax are from North America, and a large percentage have already been to Alaska on other lines.

For Aussies, to fly Business Class for an Alaskan cruise is going to cost more than the cruise itself:o

Isklaar, We also loved the Encore and while we had previously sailed on smaller ships, did not notice much change with more passengers. It is a lovely ship. You are right however, that the pool area has little shade. We are not pool people, so this is not a consideration for us. And, like most passengers, it was easy to avoid the Retreat.

Actually if anyone is interested in Alaska the prices are probably the best with this sale that they have offered.

We’re actually considering whether we can make it work (2 weeks off for that plus 2 weeks off for our wedding transatlantic in November). My fiancé didn’t go on the Alaska inaugural with me last year (I went with my mom) and now he wants to do Seabourn Alaska too.

jenidallas I will keep my fingers crossed you can make it work. It would be a nice pre-wedding holiday and even with the zodiac problem I think Seabourn did a great job last year. I have been told that the zodiac issue has been resolved.

Julie