Evening dress code on Encore in Mediterranean

Seabourn Cruise Line

Read Seabourn Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Seabourn Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:54 PM.
Dallas, TX
526 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Oh, a cocktail dress can fold down to nothing--it just happens that my favorite one doesn't pack well and takes up more room. I am considering taking a black dress that does have beading around the neck, but I often just take a plain black dress and wear sparkly earrings and such.
Perth, Australia
1,422 Posts
Joined May 2009
Thanks marazul and SLSD for answering. I was just a bit confused, must have been the lack of morning coffee. I've fixed that now .

Before any cheeky friends reply.......I am saving my Mother's Day Champagne for this evening.

Julie
London
3,611 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by frantic36
Thanks marazul and SLSD for answering. I was just a bit confused, must have been the lack of morning coffee. I've fixed that now .

Before any cheeky friends reply.......I am saving my Mother's Day Champagne for this evening.

Julie
Trying a new approach Julie

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app
Perth, Australia
1,422 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by Mr Luxury
Trying a new approach Julie

I thought as I get closer to 60 it was about time I got more responsible. Though I could say that I learnt from some of the best, hey Mr L.

Julie
86 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
I thought as I get closer to 60 it was about time I got more responsible. Though I could say that I learnt from some of the best, hey Mr L.

Julie
Being in our 30s ... the LBD that is 'an evening cocktail dress' doesn't often leave much to the imagination. Especially with a few complimentary champagne. I see a risqué number of two under the Ready to Wear "cocktail dresses" tab on the Agent Provocateur website.

We'll be sure to pack something appropriate but enjoy reading this thread as we're sailing Encore in August (most CC cruisers seem to avoid the August peak season in the Med but alas it coincided with our work schedules)
2,687 Posts
Joined Jan 2007

Julie
It's always evening ... somewhere.
Happy Mother's Day!
662 Posts
Joined Jul 2001

Julie
Wait til you get to 70-something !
Ireland
622 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
This question relates to an August med cruise on the Odyssey but I suspect the answer would be the same.

How prevalent are Tuxedos on formal nights? In two minds whether to bring or go with the formal but less formal blazer option...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Seabourn in August
London
3,611 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by Pavovsky
This question relates to an August med cruise on the Odyssey but I suspect the answer would be the same.

How prevalent are Tuxedos on formal nights? In two minds whether to bring or go with the formal but less formal blazer option...

You will see a few Gentlemen wearing a Tux and you will see a few not wearing a Tux but wearing a jacket and tie or a jacket with an open neck shirt.
All is ok but wear what makes you feel at your best.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Ireland
622 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by Mr Luxury
You will see a few Gentlemen wearing a Tux and you will see a few not wearing a Tux but wearing a jacket and tie or a jacket with an open neck shirt.
All is ok but wear what makes you feel at your best.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. I will reflect. Ok with a Tux and ok with a jacket and open neck shirt. Not ok with a suit as I wear one most days for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Seabourn in August
Cove point
223 Posts
Joined Sep 2014
On our present sailing, Kobe to Vancouver, most men wear jackets with striped dress shorts in the evening, almost a uniform but they look good. We had many tuxedos on our first formal night but the ladies wore knee length dressy dresses. I don’t recall any ankle length dresses. The restaurants are well air conditioned so the men are comfortable in their jackets
Kentucky, United States
821 Posts
Joined May 2008
Originally posted by Covepointcruiser
On our present sailing, Kobe to Vancouver, most men wear jackets with striped dress shorts in the evening, almost a uniform but they look good. We had many tuxedos on our first formal night but the ladies wore knee length dressy dresses. I don’t recall any ankle length dresses. The restaurants are well air conditioned so the men are comfortable in their jackets
Sorry, am I missing something? Sport coats over shorts?!?

Sent from my VS988 using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NC&KY
Cruising since 2005. 13 cruises. Atlantic, Pacific, Caribbean, Baltic, Mediterranean. Azamara, Celebrity, Oceania, Paul Gauguin, Princess, Regent, Seabourn, Silversea.

Melbourne, Australia
390 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by SLSD
Striped dress shorts? I've never seen them!
In a Shanghai department store we saw heavily padded down shorts, perhaps the stripes are the latest connotation especially for Seabourn (to please those that wish to wear shorts in the evening)
It would be nice to see a photo
86 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Time to go "op shop" shopping methinks.

One of my colleagues just remarked the other day how they once found a Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress priced at $2 ...
New York
82 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Is it appropriate to wear white jeans and a nice top with heels or wedges in the evening in July on a seabourn cruise or do I need to be dressier than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Spirit December '15
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas October '15
RCCL Allure of the Seas February '15
MSC Divina December '14
RCCL Explorer of the Seas June '14
NCL Jewel February '14
RCCL Oasis of the Seas February '13
RCCL Allure of the Seas February '12
NCL Epic February'11
NCL Pearl February '10
RCCL Voyager of the Seas June '08
RCCL Majesty of the Seas February '07
Carnival Imagination December '02
Celebrity Zenith June '00
RCCL Empress of the Seas March '95
RCCL Empress of the Seas February '94
RCCL Song of America June '92
RCCL Nordic Empress June '91
London
3,611 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by suegrape
Is it appropriate to wear white jeans and a nice top with heels or wedges in the evening in July on a seabourn cruise or do I need to be dressier than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
That sounds fine to me but there will be women that will have summer dresses on