World Club Login?

The A Train

The reason could be the Email Cunard sent me asking me to update my preference's on the World Club site. All members have to update otherwise your cruise history will be lost and you will lose any World Club benefits and you will start again at Red Band level

Go to cunard.co.uk/myaccount

and either log in or create an account, go to My Preferences and tick the box which says you want to remain/become a member of the Cunard World Club.

There are a couple more boxes one can tick and an update of your details and that's it.

If you don't confirm then you won't be receiving any of the benefits offered to you as a past passenger.

Edited by zider

Thanks, Zider. That's very interesting. Looks like this may be only for the UK at this point. I have not yet received an email from Cunard about this. But I was curious, so I tried going to "cunard.com/myaccount" to see if there was an equivalent page on the US web site.

Interestingly, that automatically redirected me to the page "mycunard.cunard.co.uk/myaccount". There I tried to log in with my existing login CWC credentials, but it says "Either your email address or your password is incorrect please try again."

Since that's clearly a ".co.uk" page, I wasn't about to tempt fate by asking for a password reset via the "Forgotten your password?" link. I'll try to be patient until we get word about what to do here in the US. Only seems fair I suppose since the CWC login page has been down in the UK for a lot longer than it has been down in the US.

Thanks, Zider. That's very interesting. Looks like this may be only for the UK at this point. I have not yet received an email from Cunard about this. But I was curious, so I tried going to "cunard.com/myaccount" to see if there was an equivalent page on the US web site.

Interestingly, that automatically redirected me to the page "mycunard.cunard.co.uk/myaccount". There I tried to log in with my existing login CWC credentials, but it says "Either your email address or your password is incorrect please try again."

Since that's clearly a ".co.uk" page, I wasn't about to tempt fate by asking for a password reset via the "Forgotten your password?" link. I'll try to be patient until we get word about what to do here in the US. Only seems fair I suppose since the CWC login page has been down in the UK for a lot longer than it has been down in the US.

new data protection law comes into force in UK next month

Reference my earlier post, The use of the word World implies that everyone that is a member of the World Club will need to update their details no matter of where they may be

Sogne is correct (if that's who you're replying to, I can only guess): the trigger is compliance with the EU's General Data Protection Regulations so it's not applicable world-wide. I've completed exactly the same form for P&O (with P&O branding of course). In both cases continued membership of the loyalty scheme is dependent on agreeing to continue to receive communications.

Here are screen shots of the top portions of the Cunard World Club pages from Cunard's UK and US web sites to show the differences between those two sites.

UK Cunard World Club page:

1818720590_CunardWorldClubUK.thumb.jpg.c78725f7135e4a707c9a3f1a9d8c11eb.jpg

US Cunard World Club page:

352832813_CunardWorldClubUS.thumb.jpg.0229968f5d9aa3c908d232a60c4dd36f.jpg

The UK page has the extra "Manage my preferences" section with the link to the "mycunard.cunard.co.uk/myaccount" page to accomplish that task. The US page has no such section.

By the way, the Cunard World Club page on Cunard's Australia web site looks the same as the page on the UK site. The Australia page does have the new "Manage my preferences" section with the same link to "mycunard.cunard.co.uk/myaccount".

Just mentioning all this to support the conjecture that this additional functionality does not appear to be ready for US customers yet (or perhaps not even applicable to US customers yet since the initial motivation does indeed appear to be compliance with the new EU data protection regulations). I'll be keeping an eye out for when this might be extended to the US web site.

Edited by bluemarble

Well I have just struggled to get in to the website.

It told me that my email address and password did not match.

I registered again as a new user (using the same details) but it won't accept my world club number so presumably now thinks I am a new cruiser.

Since I am platinum I am not at all happy about that.

I registered again as a new user (using the same details) but it won't accept my world club number so presumably now thinks I am a new cruiser.

Your Cunard PCS will be happy to resolve for you.

I got that when I tried to log in, and when logging in to set my wife's preferences, but resetting the password worked OK. The 'My Details' pages were populated with our World Club numbers amongst other personal information.

Try a password reset with the email address that Cunard have on record for you - it may be worth emailing or calling Cunard to get your new account deleted so that there's no confusion.

I got that when I tried to log in, and when logging in to set my wife's preferences, but resetting the password worked OK. The 'My Details' pages were populated with our World Club numbers amongst other personal information.

Try a password reset with the email address that Cunard have on record for you - it may be worth emailing or calling Cunard to get your new account deleted so that there's no confusion.

Oh thanks for this. I obviously did the wrong thing. I can try doing it the way you suggest with my husband's details to see if it works for him.

We don't have anything booked with Cunard at the moment so fortunately it's not terribly urgent.

When you type your World Club number be sure to omit the CU that sometimes appears at the beginning of the number. It wouldn't accept it for me at first but when I ommited the CU, it accepted my number.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello CABINET,

I had exactly the problem with the Australian site.

We are Platinum Members and have two cruises booked for late this year.

Had to re-enter all details but it would not accept our CWC numbers.

Sent an e-mail to the UK e-mail address asking about this and asked for them to manually update our details.

About a week later had a need to phone Cunard Australia and while on the line asked about it and the chap looked up our details and everything seemed to be intact which was good to know. He could see our voyage history and future bookings.

A few days later we got an e-mail reply from Cunard UK who said that they were aware of the problem and that they had manually entered our numbers. Well done..

The numbers still don't show in our online details but we are happy that our past history is still intact.

Cheers,

Old ACE:beer-mug::beer-mug::beer-mug:

Hello CABINET,

I had exactly the problem with the Australian site.

We are Platinum Members and have two cruises booked for late this year.

Had to re-enter all details but it would not accept our CWC numbers.

Sent an e-mail to the UK e-mail address asking about this and asked for them to manually update our details.

About a week later had a need to phone Cunard Australia and while on the line asked about it and the chap looked up our details and everything seemed to be intact which was good to know. He could see our voyage history and future bookings.

A few days later we got an e-mail reply from Cunard UK who said that they were aware of the problem and that they had manually entered our numbers. Well done..

The numbers still don't show in our online details but we are happy that our past history is still intact.

Cheers,

Old ACE:beer-mug::beer-mug::beer-mug:

I ended up telephoning because both our records now show my husband's CWC number (that was my mistake but I have no idea how their system allows two people to have the same number).

A lovely lady said that all was chaos but she would contact somebody to put it right manually. She confirmed that I now "own" my husband's number and he doesn't have one at all!

I have been checking but both online records still show the same number which concerns me a bit.

I'll leave it a little while and then ring again.

The really annoying thing is that the whole mistake was of my making because I was typing in a zero when I should have been typing in a capital O. If only I had realised that I think all would have been well.

Just picked this up. Not sure whether I can find both mine and DH's CWC numbers so that's the first problem. Second one is that we share the same email address and I'm wondering if that will confuse Cunard as and when we log in? DH does have another email account. Would we be better using that one for him and our joint one for me?

Why is everything so flipping complicated? :(

Just picked this up. Not sure whether I can find both mine and DH's CWC numbers so that's the first problem. Second one is that we share the same email address and I'm wondering if that will confuse Cunard as and when we log in? DH does have another email account. Would we be better using that one for him and our joint one for me?

Why is everything so flipping complicated? :(

Found the email Cunard sent to me and was able to set my preferences, but I can't find one addressed to DH. It would appear that all communication that comes on our joint email is addressed solely to me! Went to My Account which once again is in my name and am reluctant to put DH's details in as it might confuse everyone. DH is convinced that by my replying to Cunard he will be included and therefore needs to do nothing. Is he right?