MSC Seaside, San Juan

RedRox

Hi All,

We are looking at the MSC Seaside for next April, and noticed that the port times for San Juan are 5pm-1am. Any idea if shore excursions will be offered? Specifically looking to visit Bio Bay, which is an evening activity. Is this feasible?

Thank you!

Hi All,

We are looking at the MSC Seaside for next April, and noticed that the port times for San Juan are 5pm-1am. Any idea if shore excursions will be offered? Specifically looking to visit Bio Bay, which is an evening activity. Is this feasible?

Thank you!

I did San Juan pre cruise stay before a RCI cruise, and did a Bio Bay/Rainforest combo. I know of companies offering 2 evening only Bio Bay options, one started at 6, the other 7 or 8pm. You will want to go for sure when its after dark, so the later option is the best.

I booked with https://www.ecoadventurespr.com/ but like I said, I did San Juan Pre cruise so I had a hotel pick up option. I remember there being lots of evening excursion options for Bio Bay not through the cruiseline

Also, if you end up doing Bio Bay, make sure to bring bugspray. Not only is it really needed when kayaking through the mangroves, they also will not let you do it without bugspray, so if you forget some, they have a small store that sells a can for 15.00

Probably not...but what can i do and see with 2 kids (boys) at night?

We are in YC..do we get off the ship faster?

I'm not sure about the YC thing, but DO BIO BAY over racing to the forts...it was way cooler than I thought it would be and your kids would LOVE it! Really one of the coolest excursions I have done! Magical!

They have these times mostly so you could just say you were to Puerto Rico, it is not ideal for many excursions, so most people just get off the ship and pour into the forts, shops, and restaurants and enjoy nighttime in Old San Juan.

But that is more of a reason to go to the Bahia Bioluminiscente, as it will get you out of the craziness of OSJ at night, because all 5000 people onboard will want to be there. I have never done it myself, but I would definitely recommend doing it, just from my go-getter nature! Why not, right? Have fun! :)

Based on what I have heard, YC will have quick access out the ship and dedicated butler to let you on early.

If you want a self tour of Old town, it is very close to Dock so walking is plenty. But they do offer a free trolley service from the dock area. The service stops are 6 pm. Also, when ship lets out many passenger, everyone dashs to stop#1 which is to the right of the dock and hard to get on as bus is usually pack (during the day time so not sure at 5 pm), but if you are at dock 2 you will see bus stop #14 near by and stop #12 to the left, which we used last time and it was short wait. Once you get to El Morro, not sure how long you will have but go up to see the top view for quick photo until they close (6pm?) from El Morro it is about a mile back to the ship, nice stroll through historic building and quick bite is nice.

Here is info on trolley and surroundings.

https://sanjuanpuertorico.com/trolley-old-san-juan/