Red Hook - Taxis & Limos

OceanMonarch

Having sailed on a TA several times I have noticed that there are two lines of vehicles that can be hired by disembarking passengers; the yellow cabs and the flat rate hires. Does anyone know if these hire vehicles would take you to a hotel in Weehawken, New Jersey? If so, what would be the approximate cost including tolls?

We have lots of luggage (10 suitcases) too!:)

Your first priority, I'd say, is finding a form of transport that can accommodate ten suitcases.

You may need a minivan, at the very least.

We anticipated having to use a minivan - Dial 7 quoted in excess of $200 + toll and tip. Seems high? How much is the toll, do you know?

Having sailed on a TA several times I have noticed that there are two lines of vehicles that can be hired by disembarking passengers; the yellow cabs and the flat rate hires. Does anyone know if these hire vehicles would take you to a hotel in Weehawken, New Jersey? If so, what would be the approximate cost including tolls?

We have lots of luggage (10 suitcases) too!:)

Ten suitcases? How many hat boxes?

Ten suitcases? How many hat boxes?

Too funny:)! It's a wedding voyage for a group of 30. Only 14 of us Brits will be sightseeing in NYC - thought I would be nice and take everyone's cases to the hotel whilst the others take the ferry to Manhattan and see the sights. My husband and I will catch up with everyone either at the Empire State or Top of the Rock at sunset.

It's taken me 50 years but I can now manage with just one medium case for 2 weeks.;)

Suggestion:

Contact the hotel and ask them if they they can arrange to pick you - and your bags - up from Newark Airport (About 30 minutes from the hotel, in New Jersey).

If they can (at whatever price you agree; it might even be comp.), then book the cruise line's transfer to Newark Airport; all those bags will fit nicely in their bus. Cunard will hit you around $50 pp for that and you can also pre-book it.

At least it will give you cost comparison with the Dial7 quote

Suggestion:

Contact the hotel and ask them if they they can arrange to pick you - and your bags - up from Newark Airport (About 30 minutes from the hotel, in New Jersey).

If they can (at whatever price you agree; it might even be comp.), then book the cruise line's transfer to Newark Airport; all those bags will fit nicely in their bus. Cunard will hit you around $50 pp for that and you can also pre-book it.

At least it will give you cost comparison with the Dial7 quote

Thanks Canuker - maybe I didn't explain our plans very well. We will be disembarking QM2 at Redhook and staying for 2 nights at the Sheraton, Lincoln Harbor. We will not be at Newark Airport.

We anticipated having to use a minivan - Dial 7 quoted in excess of $200 + toll and tip. Seems high? How much is the toll, do you know?

We used Dial 7 and were quoted one price and then at the end of the drive, we were told we would have extra charges. Needless to say, that was our last time with that company.

Thanks Canuker - maybe I didn't explain our plans very well. We will be disembarking QM2 at Redhook and staying for 2 nights at the Sheraton, Lincoln Harbor. We will not be at Newark Airport.

There is a ferry from the pier in Manhattan straight to Lincoln harbour right outside the hotel. If you can all manage your cases from the cab to ferry then ferry to hotel this would be a less expensive option.

Just price a ride to the pier west 39 th street mid Manhattan. The ferry cost is $9 each seniors 62+ are $8.25 children a bit less. You can buy tickets at ferry ticket office in Manhattan and hotel on Weehawken side.

Great hotel have used it often. The ferry in Manhattan has a free shuttle bus to all area of Manhattan and back again.

There is a ferry from the pier in Manhattan straight to Lincoln harbour right outside the hotel. If you can all manage your cases from the cab to ferry then ferry to hotel this would be a less expensive option.

Just price a ride to the pier west 39 th street mid Manhattan. The ferry cost is $9 each seniors 62+ are $8.25 children a bit less. You can buy tickets at ferry ticket office in Manhattan and hotel on Weehawken side.

Great hotel have used it often. The ferry in Manhattan has a free shuttle bus to all area of Manhattan and back again.

Great information, thank you. Happy to hear the hotel is good especially with so many to choose from. It has excellent views of the New York skyline I've heard.

We always use Arecibo. See : http://www.arecibocc.com/rates.php

Always very reasonable, and locally based in Brooklyn.

Stewart

I tried to use Arecibo on one of our recent voyages - they left us waiting at the pier for well over an hour (despite numerous calls to their dispatch office) and we nearly missed our train back home. We were told it was because we had booked online but we received no apology from them at all.:( We had to take one of the fixed price limos in the end or we would not have made it Penn Station in time. I guess it was just a bad day for them.