Visa to enter Cuba

Hilda Lee

Has anyone here had to purchase a Visa to enter Cuba? We’re going on a cruise in October and NCL is charging $75.pp. I’m wondering if they can be purchased elsewhere? I know for Australia you could get it right from Immigration for a lot less. Thanks for your advice and tips!

Has anyone here had to purchase a Visa to enter Cuba? We’re going on a cruise in October and NCL is charging $75.pp. I’m wondering if they can be purchased elsewhere? I know for Australia you could get it right from Immigration for a lot less. Thanks for your advice and tips!

I could be mistaken but I don’t believe you can use any sort of US issued credit cards in Cuba.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is easier to let NCL do the leg work. I paid the $75, it was added as a separate line item to my invoice. When I checked in and got my room key, etc. is when I got the Visa.

Just returned. It must be issued by your cruiseline and is based on their acceptance of your travel affidavit. That was our experience.

It has nothing to do with the affidavit. The affidavit is for the US government and the visa is from the Cuban government.

jdvmb, I said that was our experience. So, yeah, it was accurate as far as our experience.

You never stated what cruise line you were on. Royal Caribbean will facilitate the visa on your behalf. Is that what cruise line you sailed on?

With NCL, you can go through them to have the visa issued OR you can get it yourself. See the link for names of different companies that will process your visa.

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents#Cuba

You also stated:

Originally posted by NBBaker "Just returned. It must be issued by your cruiseline and is based on their acceptance of your travel affidavit. That was our experience."

As pbenjamin replied: It (issuing of the visa) has nothing to do with the affidavit. The affidavit is for the US government and the visa is from the Cuban government.

No. Carnival. Won't cruise NCL. And with Carnival they will not give you the visa until they accept your travel affidavit. Just ask the 100s of people who had to redo their affidavit because Carnival wouldn't accept it, and would t give them their visa.

It has nothing to do with the affidavit. The affidavit is for the US government and the visa is from the Cuban government.

During checkin with Carnival you submit your travel affidavit, then they give your visa to complete. If they do not approve of how the affidavit was completed, they made guest complete a new one to their satisfaction. THEN they gave them a visa. Not saying Carnival is correct in their assessment of what is and is not the proper box to check on the affidavit, just saying this is what they do. For most people that were made to redo affidavits it was because they checked the box for "Support for the Cuban People"; Carnival seems to only want guests to complete "People to People". Its completely irrelevant though because no one checks a thing once you are onboard, in Cuba or upon return.

Wasn't giving any advice; just answered a question posted by Hilda Lee regarding cruise travel to Cuba.

Sorry.......why are you answering questions on the NCL forums?:confused: