Dress Codes for restaurants?

brunolvr

Since it has been a few years since we have cruised, what are the current dress codes for NCL?

We will be cruising to Alaska on the Pearl.

I thought one MDR was more dressy than the other but what exactly are the "dress codes"? What about for LeBistro? LaCucina?

The second night is also dubbed Norwegian night out where they invite people to dress up if they want and have more photographers around the ship. No obligation, but more people do dress up that night.

The second night is also dubbed Norwegian night out where they invite people to dress up if they want and have more photographers around the ship. No obligation, but more people do dress up that night.
Still, they are in the minority. Very very few on our last two cruised (7-night on Getaway, 10-night on Jade).

Jeans - Plaid lumberjack shirt and logging boots is first class attire on Alaska cruises.

As cruise casual as you want it to be.

This is not your grandfathers Titanic were 4th class passengers needed a tux tails & cumberbun

and a signed printed invitation from the captain to dine.

WELCOME to NCL FreeStyle cruising !

Little higher restrictions in the dress code for the Le Bistro and aft Main Dining Room (MDR)

meaning more leg covering for the men (no shorts bermudas etc.)

Re: LaCucina same as the Buffet or mid-ship MDR - but do keep the dress code down to a light roar

the people next door at Le Bistro will be wondering what have you got that they don't ! LOL !

Note the night time temperatures in Alaska waters can be decidedly chilly at night - while you maybe

inside a temperature control restaurant getting there you may have to encounter a chilling reception.

On some of the ships the photographers have costumes to wear for the photo opt to make the

gals the belle of the Gold Rush territory and the guys a scallywag gold panning miner.

Alaska is one of those cruise markets where most anything goes - please be careful in going with less. LOL !

Just off the Getaway last Sunday. Standing in line for the Tropicana room, a gentleman standing in front of me was asked to leave and put on a shirt with sleeves prior to entering the restaraunt. Tank tops not allowed. Closed toed shoes required as well. This was a dinner seating by the way.

I think that Long pants and a collared shirt for men, and a skirt and top or pants for women should be worn in the DINING ROOMS....Buffet is another story.

We are just off SKY, CUBA and what some (slobs) wear is SHAMEFUL, yeah, I know you are on vacation but undershirt and shorts?

Since it has been a few years since we have cruised, what are the current dress codes for NCL? We will be cruising to Alaska on the Pearl. I thought one MDR was more dressy than the other but what exactly are the "dress codes"? What about for LeBistro? LaCucina?

Shorts are allowed in ALL restaurants (including La Cucina, Cagney's, Moderno, Teppanyaki, Sushi) at all times except: Dinner in Summer Palace and dinner in Le Bistro where gentlemen are requested to wear long pants.

Dress in what make you feel comfortable.

Since it has been a few years since we have cruised, what are the current dress codes for NCL?

I thought one MDR was more dressy than the other but what exactly are the "dress codes"? What about for LeBistro? LaCucina?

There is a difference between the "code" and what is actually allowed. Many discuss a thing called cruise Casual, which is so highly subjective that it really means nothing. Bottom line is that what I and others have reported is that a t-shirt and blue jeans is perfectly acceptable. One most ships one of the MDRs will allow shorts and sleeveless shirts for men while the other will not. As for the two you mentioned by name, t-shirt and jeans is acceptable. I do it every cruise.

NCL’s definition of casual seems to be very well defined.

CRUISE CASUAL

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men.

Little higher restrictions in the dress code for the Le Bistro and aft Main Dining Room (MDR)

meaning more leg covering for the men (no shorts bermudas etc.)

For the aft dining room (Manhattan Room on the bigger ships,) that is no longer the case -- only Le Bistro and the seafood restaurant requires slacks for men. Someone also said "no open toed shoes/sandals," and that is no longer the case, either.

Based on my experience on the Escape in February and the Sun a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a fan of t-shirts and shorts in the upscale MDR, but that is the standard these days.

And, just as an aside, I wish that they would do away with the "Formal or not night," or at least kick the photographers out of the atrium staircase. Stairs are for getting from one deck to another, and it's irritating to have to wait five minutes to go up or down the stairs because a photographer is hogging the steps for formal pictures.

For the aft dining room (Manhattan Room on the bigger ships,) that is no longer the case -- only Le Bistro and the seafood restaurant requires slacks for men. Someone also said "no open toed shoes/sandals," and that is no longer the case, either.

Based on my experience on the Escape in February and the Sun a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a fan of t-shirts and shorts in the upscale MDR, but that is the standard these days.

And, just as an aside, I wish that they would do away with the "Formal or not night," or at least kick the photographers out of the atrium staircase. Stairs are for getting from one deck to another, and it's irritating to have to wait five minutes to go up or down the stairs because a photographer is hogging the steps for formal pictures.

I agree on the stairs...and "standard" or not, "dressing" for dinner in a RESTAURANT may be a "thing of the past" but we still do it....

Actually I dont understand, why not all special restaurants have a dress code.

Especially the Cagney which is more a flagship restaurant then the Le Buffet.

My worst experience on the Bliss was a couple of 4 person in Cagneys.

The 2 women were ok, but the men, totally opposite of a normal weight person, worn shorts and flip flops.

In my opinion this is some kind of disrespect to the staff and the other passengers.

NCL’s definition of casual seems to be very well defined.

CRUISE CASUAL

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men.

So they define casual by saying casual... lol

Careful. The Manhattan Room on the Epic requires slacks as well as Le Bistro.

Actually I dont understand, why not all special restaurants have a dress code.

Especially the Cagney which is more a flagship restaurant then the Le Buffet.

My worst experience on the Bliss was a couple of 4 person in Cagneys.

The 2 women were ok, but the men, totally opposite of a normal weight person, worn shorts and flip flops.

In my opinion this is some kind of disrespect to the staff and the other passengers.

So you would discriminate against fat people? And that a fat person in Cagney’s is disrespectful? I am offended by the assertion.

All specialty restaurants have a dress code. Shorts are allowed in all restaurants except Le Bistro, Ocean Blue, and Bayamo.

While there are no "rules" and almost anything goes, including the slob look, I have seen a trend especially among the ladies. I see lots of maxi-dresses and bling, and sport jackets and khakis or collared shirts among the gentleman. Personally, I dress up every night. I enjoy it, and I have it down to a science as to what I pack and accessorize with. Doesn't take long to get ready either!!

Elegance for me and appears quite a few others feel the same way. That being said, each to his/her own. Be comfortable, whatever than means for you.

Anything goes except in specialty dining areas like Le Bistro, La Cucina, etc. Men must wear pants (any kind, no shorts) and a shirt with sleeves. Doesn't have to be a button down shirt with collar, just no tank tops. Closed toe shoes. Women can wear whatever. This is not super strict in my experience. My bro had a tank top on and hadn't received luggage by dinner so they let him in. He had a valid reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app