Gym equipment on the Crown Princess

Propellor1969

Can anyone that's been on the Crown Princess recently tell me the equipment they have in the gym? My daughter and I just started working with a personal trainer, and he's going to work out a plan for us while we're on for two weeks in June. I'm guessing they have the basic equipment like treadmills and elliptical machines, but needing to know what type of weight machines they have for him.

Thanks in advance,

T

I know I saw free hand weights, spinning bikes, a balance ball (dh has to use this for back exercises) and I did see a couple of weight machines...but don't know the names. I believe I saw the one with the rolls where you place your legs behind them and push out to straighten your legs, thought I also saw a tall one either for squats or for the one where you have the cables and pull with your arms.. it was for sure more treadmills, spin bikes and some other recumbent type bikes, elipticals and lots of hand weights. I hope this helps a little and wish I had taken that photo of the gym, but there was always folks in there and I didn't want to take the pic while they were working out. here is a pic I found on another site...

CroSun-17454-1511553660.jpg

Crown-Princess-Gym-Picture-3.jpg

051-grandpgym-copy.jpg

Can anyone that's been on the Crown Princess recently tell me the equipment they have in the gym? My daughter and I just started working with a personal trainer, and he's going to work out a plan for us while we're on for two weeks in June. I'm guessing they have the basic equipment like treadmills and elliptical machines, but needing to know what type of weight machines they have for him.

Thanks in advance,

T

No weight machines because of liability issues.

are the machines shown in the pics not considered weight machines? Not being snotty just want to make sure I am understanding for future knowledge....

The weight machines and free weights can only be used under supervision and a release has to be signed. You cant just walk and

not per the pic where it shows the plaque outside the gym (in the link in my other post) it says "use of gym equipment is at your own risk"...no where does it show a sign that the machines and free weights need supervision...as it actually states that they are unsupervised...so I would assume if the gym is open and the machine is free you can use it. I do know that they started putting signs on the treadmills that they opened a bit later than posted hours due to the noise of the thumping when guests are on them into the cabins below. Not trying to cause drama but just help the op as per princess signs they should be able to use the items in the gym no supervision

I was on the Crown in early February. I went to the gym daily on my own, used all the free weights with no supervision and nothing was signed. Also a treadmill. I saw many people using all the various machines without supervision as well

In March, the Crown had a sit-up machine, a lat pull, squat rack with a bench, forearm machine, leg machine, back machine, curling bar, free weights with at least 2 benches and a whole rack of dumbbells. DH was in it every day and we both felt it was a pretty complete gym. The machines may not be exactly what you're used to, but you can adjust your workout to them.

No weight machines because of liability issues.

The weight machines and free weights can only be used under supervision and a release has to be signed. You cant just walk and

I find this confusing. Is this a zen thing?

I've never seen any supervision of anyone using weights on princess, unless they were paying for

a session with a trainer; nor have I ever been asked to sign a release.

Additionally, some of the pictures are from Grand.

While not located in the fitness center, for a fee Princess will provide 16oz “free weights” at most of the bars. ;p

Once you have mastered the 16oz arm curl you can, only with supervision, try the 25oz Fosters Oil Can. Several of those can be quite the workout. Again, only under a bartenders careful supervision.

are the machines shown in the pics not considered weight machines? Not being snotty just want to make sure I am understanding for future knowledge....

There are free weights, a few weight machines and never had to sign a liability waiver......:cool:

There are free weights, a few weight machines and never had to sign a liability waiver......:cool:

Great thanks...that is what I thought. The couple times we went we just walked in right behind the line and everyone split up to do their own thing.

Sorry about the pics from the Grand I googled Crown Princess and just grabbed a few I saw...

I know they say the tread mills are now on a different time due to the noise in below cabins...but are the elliptical machines also off limits to a later time...wasn't sure if they were also part of the noise issue? We are doing a b2b and realized we may need to forgo our thoughts of we are on vacay and we workout hard 7 days a week at home so on vacay we are not......2 weeks is a long time and LOTS of yummy food so we may need to hit the gym on this trip other than for DH back stretch.

Also on sea days there is usually a Zumba class around 9 am or when you board you can go to the gym and sign up for stretch class (unadvertised). I prefer the stretch class. There is basically one weight machine for each muscle group and a few machines that allow adjustments for arms, chest and back plus free weights. I believe you can also hire the gym staff to provide training - just ask them the first day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for all of the responses everyone! I will give the info to my trainer tomorrow and let him figure out ways to torture me on the trip. :) My daughter is 14, and neither of us want to lose what we are able to achieve before we go! Two weeks is a long time to be on the ship eating whatever we want. :)

BTW, I'm sure I will lift some of the 16 oz dumbbells y'all are talking about at least a few times on the ship!

Have a great weekend everyone!

T