Hot Chocolate

wmjivey

Yes, hot chocolate is available in the International Cafe (also in the buffet on some ships, i.e. Regal/Royal).

I don't know the cost for hot chocolate or the cost to add booze to it.

We always have a coffee card which includes hot chocolate (unlimited for the cruise). The card costs approx. $33 and gives you 15 punches for specialty coffees and teas plus unlimited "plain" brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The unlimited goes away when the cruise ends. Lots of recent threads about the changes to the coffee card.

My guess is just hot chocolate (without a card) would cost $2 plus maybe another $2 or $3 for the booze. But whip cream is included free. ;)

After I posted I saw voljeep's answer, so my guess wasn't too far off.

In addition to the International Cafe, some lounges have hot chocolate with shots on their menus. In Alaska there might also be hot chocolate served on deck at certain viewing times. You can always just go to a bar, purchase a shot and add it to the cup.

Sort of off topic--on our Panama crossing, the hot chocolate at the IC was made by placing a package of dried stuff in water (i forgot to warn the girls to ask for it in milk). Is it still the powdered stuff in Alaska? Or perhaps due to greater demand they do something better???maybe???

Sort of off topic--on our Panama crossing' date=' the hot chocolate at the IC was made by placing a package of dried stuff in water (i forgot to warn the girls to ask for it in milk). Is it still the powdered stuff in Alaska? Or perhaps due to greater demand they do something better???maybe???[/quote']

I watch the guy at the IC make my morning Hot Chocolate 2 weeks ago and he used steamed milk and chocolate syrup, it was excellent. I also had him put whipped cream on top. Yes there will be guy’s up on deck on glacier day with a cart of different type of cold weather drinks.

Yes, hot chocolate is available in the International Cafe (also in the buffet on some ships, i.e. Regal/Royal).

We always have a coffee card which includes hot chocolate (unlimited for the cruise). The card costs approx. $33 and gives you 15 punches for specialty coffees and teas plus unlimited "plain" brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The unlimited goes away when the cruise ends. Lots of recent threads about the changes to the coffee card.

My guess is just hot chocolate (without a card) would cost $2 plus maybe another $2 or $3 for the booze. But whip cream is included free. ;)

Hot chocolate is also available with the soda and more package, right?

Not sure about the spiked version... maybe it comes with the PBP.

The spiked version definitely comes with the PBP. :) I had a great time getting a Vanilla Latte with a shot of Jameson in the mornings. Go to IC and get your hot chocolate made with steamed milk. On some ships the Piazza bar is attached to IC (sch as on Emerald Princess) and on others it's separated by a few steps. If it's connected then order your chocolate with the shot. If it's separated by a few steps (such as on Caribbean Princess) ask for a little room for the shot when ordering the chocolate. For a few years my wife used to use Facebook profile photo that was a picture of herself bundled up and kicked back in a lounger on the (wonderfully wide) Promenade deck of Sea Princess at Glacier Bay with her special drink of the day which was a hot chocolate with "extra".

May 19, just off Ruby Princess...no need to go to the IC, free hot chocolate(water based), they will add whipped cream, comes to you on the deck when in GB.....and you can add a shot. $5.00. I enjoyed some even though I prefer milk based not having to go to the IC was a great trade off...

If you wanted coffee u had to go to the IC or HC.

Hot chocolate is also available with the Unlimited Soda card.

Tom