Need Time To 'Mingle' at M&M's

shugey

The one in the morning is a cocktail reception with canapés and cake. No coffee or pastries [emoji16]
Great way to start of the day with a cocktail! Never to early to start drinking. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

... and, I just want to say that our cruise over-all was a tremendous success. MSC has the best captain on the seven seas - Captain Marco Masso. Capt. Marco gives you every opportunity to give your opinion on ANYTHING! I happened to disagree with the starting time of the M&M, but if I am one of the very few who wanted an earlier starting time - that's fine. Apparently 5 o'clock does not bother most people, and if so, that's OK!

RNCruiser was on my cruise, and I'm sure she will agree with me that this ship - and the cruise - were OUTSTANDING!

It’s 5 o clock somewhere.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are the M&M's on MSC only undertaken on the American based cruises ?

If so, why is that when CC members are from all different nationalities not just American ?

It would be nice if M&M's could be arranged on Med based cruises as well......but I suppose the logistics could be difficult when people embark at multiple ports (I've probably just answered my own question !)

No, they have started holding a Meet and Mingle on Magnifica, the first one was on our 23rd April cruise and it was held at 11AM on a sea day. It was really nice, still had the cocktails and canapes and it did feel like the staff were really listening. The hotel director told us that he reads Cruise Critic too.

I think most CC members are from English speaking countries so probably not worth holding a M and M when there are very few English speakers onboard.

Julie

... and, I just want to say that our cruise over-all was a tremendous success. MSC has the best captain on the seven seas - Captain Marco Masso. Capt. Marco gives you every opportunity to give your opinion on ANYTHING! I happened to disagree with the starting time of the M&M, but if I am one of the very few who wanted an earlier starting time - that's fine. Apparently 5 o'clock does not bother most people, and if so, that's OK!

RNCruiser was on my cruise, and I'm sure she will agree with me that this ship - and the cruise - were OUTSTANDING!

Totally agree, the ship, the staff were amazing. We never went anywhere or met anyone on the ship that did not go above and beyond. The Captain and his Officers were all warm and inviting.

I would prefer the M&M to start earlier, even if it were 4pm that would work.

Totally agree, the ship, the staff were amazing. We never went anywhere or met anyone on the ship that did not go above and beyond. The Captain and his Officers were all warm and inviting.

I would prefer the M&M to start earlier, even if it were 4pm that would work.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just curious as to how we each depict the staff and crew.

What did they do to go above and beyond? Everyone has different expectations.

Thank you!

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just curious as to how we each depict the staff and crew.

What did they do to go above and beyond? Everyone has different expectations.

Thank you!

For the most part, we were always greeted warmly, questions were answered, the Officers we met at various gatherings genuinely listened and responded. Those who waited on us in restaurants and bars anticipated our needs. The waiter made suggestions each night for what is good and what you might want to stay away from. If an order came out and you didn't seem to be enjoying it was noted and offers were made to bring something else.

Our room Steward was gracious if we showed up while he was cleaning, he was patient while we gathered a forgotten item or changed into bathing suits. All service came with a smile.

The only venue I felt was lacking in service/personality was the Venchi Chocolate bar. I wanted to order a "sundae" but she kept telling me it was too many scoops and I should just get something else, despite repeating that this is what we wanted.

I am fully aware that those who work on ships are tired, overworked and are not always treated with respect by the occasional passenger, so if I come away feeling pampered and special, I feel that is good service.

No, they have started holding a Meet and Mingle on Magnifica, the first one was on our 23rd April cruise and it was held at 11AM on a sea day. It was really nice, still had the cocktails and canapes and it did feel like the staff were really listening. The hotel director told us that he reads Cruise Critic too.

I think most CC members are from English speaking countries so probably not worth holding a M and M when there are very few English speakers onboard.

Julie

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Although I'm disappointed re the M&M's on European cruises I can fully understand, from your answer, why. I'm pleased they are starting them on the Magnifica.