From New Orleans River Boat cruise Port to Hotel

Jasjas

We are 4 friends in our late sixties who will be debarking from the American Queen River boat in New Orleans. We are booked into the Intercontinental Hotel and I would like to know whether we could walk from the cruise port to our hotel ?

We will each have one trolley suitcase.

What are our other options to get to this hotel ?

Sincere thanks.

Jasjas

The boat docks very close to the Hilton Riverside, and it looks like the Intercontinental is about .6 mile from the Hilton. You'd have to walk thru the Hilton, I think, which is a big hotel. I'd call the walk 3/4 mile.

Walk towards Canal St. from your hotel and turn right on Canal to the Canal Street Landing. (There was some construction going on last week on the landing, but you can still get to the river.) When you get to the river look to your right and along The River Walk and you will see the AMERICAN QUEEN docked up river. You can avoid the ups and downs of walking through the Hilton this way and walk straight to the boat assuming you already checked in and have your boarding card.

When you receive your tickets you will get further information about the check in location and times . It was all very simple and hassle free the last time I boarded the AQ in New Orleans.

A taxi ride would be $6.00 per person for the less than 5 minute trip.

Thanks Calliope...We will actually be moving in the opposite direction - From the River boat towards the Intercontinental Hotel in New Orleans, but will do it in reverse of your explanation ...

Thanks again ...

Jasjas

Thanks Calliope...We will actually be moving in the opposite direction - From the River boat towards the Intercontinental Hotel in New Orleans, but will do it in reverse of your explanation ...

Thanks again ...

Jasjas