Pre-purchasing HOHO tickets

There is a special currently on Groupon for West sightseeing HOHO (which I understand is the only HOHO now in Vancouver). My question is, if I purchase the tickets now for next week's trip how the ability to use ticket for 24 hours is affected? As I understood it, if I were to buy HOHO ticket today at 11 am, it would allow me to use it till 11am tomorrow. What happens if I pre-buy today for next week's Thursday? When I was attempting a purchase on Groupon there was no time selection, just a date selection. Another question is, how do I buy tickets once in Vancouver? Can it be done when boarding the actual HOHO bus or trolly? If not, then where? Thank You.

Groupon coupons are valid for 120 days - when you show up, you exchange them for a real ticket which is dated that day & time to get you your 24hr period of use.

NB: the Groupon 'special' pricing is actually just restoring the price to the 'before the merger' $45pp instead of the 'We have no more competition so we will jack up rates 20% immediately bwahahahahaha!' new pricing. I guess their advance sales have been suffering already at the new price point, as I have literally never seen WestCoast or the Trolley do groupons before!

Still - it is cheaper! if you know you're coming and want to do HOHO before the end of August, it's a good buy...