1st Seabourn cruise

imcpa

My wife & I will sail Seabourn for the first time in June on the Sojourn. We have sailed Silversea three times, Crystal twice, Regent once and Paul Gaugin once. We are very excited to finally sail with Seabourn and I am hoping you all can answer a few random questions....

1. Does the Sojourn still have a DVD player in veranda suites or is it on demand movies on the TV?

2. What time does breakfast end? We use the gym every day before breakfast, so usually miss it, but it is my favorite meal of the day. The late-risers breakfast on Crystal is great for us!

3. From my viewing of pics online, there are not many 2 tops in restaurants and the tables seem really close together. Is that the case, or are the pics misleading?

4. Not a big deal, but curious if anyone can ID the Prosecco included?

That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll have more questions at the trip gets closer.

My wife & I will sail Seabourn for the first time in June on the Sojourn. We have sailed Silversea three times, Crystal twice, Regent once and Paul Gaugin once. We are very excited to finally sail with Seabourn and I am hoping you all can answer a few random questions....

1. Does the Sojourn still have a DVD player in veranda suites or is it on demand movies on the TV?

2. What time does breakfast end? We use the gym every day before breakfast, so usually miss it, but it is my favorite meal of the day. The late-risers breakfast on Crystal is great for us!

3. From my viewing of pics online, there are not many 2 tops in restaurants and the tables seem really close together. Is that the case, or are the pics misleading?

4. Not a big deal, but curious if anyone can ID the Prosecco included?

That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll have more questions at the trip gets closer.

1. On demand movies

2. MDR 8-9 am Colonade 8 - 10 am. But you can always grab a real coffee and eats in Seabourn Square.

Then there's always the 24 Room Service.

I once ordered coffee and cakes at 4am at the Sky Bar, when we were watching the weapons transfer for "our Marines" off the coast of Oman.

3. Not a lot of 2 tops, but we rarely have trouble finding one.

4. Prosecco, Don't know the brand, we prefer to drink the Champagne.

Have you asked for a referral coupon on the top thread yet for your first-timers OBC?

They also don’t have a problem seating a couple at a 4-top if there are no 2-tops available. Rest assured that you will not be forced to dine with others unless you want to. Alas, many people meet others on board andcwant to enjoy meals so the number of available 2-tops goes up as the week goes on!

Thanks for the responses. We are so excited about the trip.

Have you asked for a referral coupon on the top thread yet for your first-timers OBC?

We have not done this. I will definitely look into it. Thanks.

Which of the Sonourn cruises are you on? We are on June 4 and it’s our first trip with Seabourn also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for starting this thread imcpa.

We also booked our first SB cruise after a dozen on Regent and a dozen on Silversea. SB has a terrific Myanmar & Malaysian Marvels voyage in March next year, that does not include (like Regent) India ports (we have been).

Thanks to RallyDave for the referral coupon and pointing out the $100AMX SBC offer. Am considering buying a 100 shares of carnival stock for the SB shareholder benefit. Do other SB cruisers suggest this? Also, want to give a props to wripro, host dan, and Mr. Luxury for over the years strongly recommending SB here and on the other luxury boards.

We also booked our first SB cruise after a dozen on Regent and a dozen on Silversea. SB has a terrific Myanmar & Malaysian Marvels voyage in March next year, that does not include (like Regent) India ports (we have been).

Thanks to RallyDave for the referral coupon and pointing out the $100AMX SBC offer. Am considering buying a 100 shares of carnival stock for the SB shareholder benefit. Do other SB cruisers suggest this? Also, want to give a props to wripro, host dan, and Mr. Luxury for over the years strongly recommending SB here and on the other luxury boards.

Re: Carnival stock (CCL).

The stock is pretty high so don't look for significant capital gains. However, I don't think you will see much, if any, downside. In general terms, it will move with the market. All in my opinion of course.

The $250 OBC is the equivalent of a tax free dividend of around 3.5% (on 100 shares) and, in addition, you get a regular dividend which is around 2.5%.

Even if I wasn't cruising with Seabourn any more, I would hold the stock just for the dividend or at least until interest rates rise above the level of the dividend.

Welcome to the Seabourn family. I had followed your posts on Silversea in the past and you were very helpful before I took my first cruise with them. I hope you enjoy your first Seabourn cruise.

We are on the June 16 Vancouver to Seward. This will be our first trip to AL as well as our first SB cruise. We have always preferred warm weather, but after cruising to Iceland on Crystal in 2016, we are excited about AL.

We really liked our butlers on SS. On our other cruises (Crystal, Regent and PG), we rarely saw our suite attendant. I am hoping to have more interaction with the attendant on this SB cruise. We don't ask for much, but enjoy some interaction on most days. Most are requests are for additional drinks in the room/fridge.

We usually see our stewardess multiple times during the day - they are around from typically 8 - 2, and then 6-9 in the evening or whenever they finish. And if you need something from her and don't see her if you call Guest Services they will have come to your suite to handle whatever you might need.

We are on the June 16 Vancouver to Seward. This will be our first trip to AL.

I had to laugh -and I apologize for being pedantic - but AL is Alabama and AK is Alaska. AL in June would definitely be a warm weather cruise ;-)

I too am thankful you started this thread - we're just booked for our first Seabourn cruise (also to Alaska, in Sept 2018 - not our first AK cruise though) I hadn't known about the referrals so will definitely look into that as our final payment approaches.

I have no excuse, except a silly typo. Our first AK trip. Growing up in LA, I have obviously been to AL before.

We are counting down the days. Ever since our first luxury cruise (SS in 2010) I have always thought SB had the "coolest" looking ships and the more I look at pics of the interiors, I get more excited. The June 16 trip has lots of scenic cruising and my wife & I are looking forward to lots of relaxation and wonderful service.

I tried to use a referral coupon, but it didn’t work. We had gotten an OBC from them when we booked and that is not combinable with the referral coupon.

I think we have an OBC from the TA so I'll have to check the terms & conditions on the referral. Details are in husband's email and I'm traveling for work this week so maybe I'll find out this weekend. Definitely want to make sure it would work before using a referral that someone else could use - thanks for the heads up!

An OBC you get from your TA is combinable because the TA is paying for it. It's only OB Cs that Seabourn is paying for that are not combinable, i.e. promotional OBCs, or Amex Platinum OBCs and the referral OBCs. Naturally, you will want to choose the OBC of the higher amount.

Yes, except that there are instances where the TA leads the person to believe the OBC is from them when in fact it is a pass through from Seabourn and therefore not combinable. Always best to ask you TA directly if the OBC came out of their pocket.

Yes, except that there are instances where the TA leads the person to believe the OBC is from them when in fact it is a pass through from Seabourn and therefore not combinable. Always best to ask you TA directly if the OBC came out of their pocket.

This is true.

Good advice. There is also another potential level of confusion/complication. In selected sailings, I get some OBC from my TA that is sourced from his consortium, and this OBC is combinable with referral OBCs (that are funded by SB) but is, according to my TA, non-redeemable.

However, on my last sailing, I found out that this OBC is actually redeemable.

I just go by what is printed on the Seabourn invoice. I bring it onboard and have never had a problem. I have had a combination of SBC from a consortium a TA belongs to and a referral combined and received both.

This is my first time and I didn’t even realize that I had any onboard credit. It wasn’t until the referral was submitted that Seabourn contacted me and asked if I wanted the $400 referral OBC to replace the $100 one I already had. I, of course, agreed to that! But I was impressed that they didn’t just refuse the referral one.

• 2 weeks later...

Imcpa - we are sailing June 23rd and I was a original Silversea customer. You are going to LOVE Seabourn. Contact me at lovinlifeva2@gmail.com and I’ll get you hooked up with the $400 on board credit to use for spa, wine, excursions, etc. You can combine this with your TA credit. We were able to last year and we had a total of $600 to use!!! :D