What is the Escape room onboard the ship ?

Bella_boo

Hi

On searching the boards I came across people chatting and participating in the Escape room , is this new to Princess cruises as I’ve never heard about it before also what is involved please ?

Thanks

It is a sort of a game. You'll sign up in advance. Many have reported sign ups on embarkation day, but on our 10 night cruise it was several days later--check the Patter. It was played in teams of 8, but no worries--they put the teams together. If you are signing up a large group, get there early to register. There were 3 of us and we were paired with a family of 5. Minimum age on our cruise was 14.

We met outside the pizza area on the pool desk and were given basic instructions. We were then taken to the room. The goal is to complete the puzzle in the allotted time, and thus "escape."

Did it this week on the Emerald Princess.

They used the Hearts and Mind room (wedding chapel).

Series of boxes with locks that have to get opened. All kinds of clues. Theme is magician's props.

The clock starts and you have 30 minutes to open everything and find the missing object.

Warning, you have to sign a disclosure release of liability that was so bad we had thoughts of not doing it. Agree not to sue for injuries etc. The disclosure really had nothing to do with what actually accurs in that room. Nothing dangerous, I think it was a joke. Fun time was had by all but we didn't make it out of room in the allotted time,. Would do it again.

Series of boxes with locks that have to get opened. All kinds of clues. Theme is magician's props.

The clock starts and you have 30 minutes to open everything and find the missing object.

Warning, you have to sign a disclosure release of liability that was so bad we had thoughts of not doing it. Agree not to sue for injuries etc. The disclosure really had nothing to do with what actually accurs in that room. Nothing dangerous, I think it was a joke. Fun time was had by all but we didn't make it out of room in the allotted time,. Would do it again.

Do you know how hard I was talking around things to not give too much away? We made it out with 11 minutes to spare.

We have done it twice, on the Island and Emerald, but FYI .. they were the same game. Princess only has one version of the Escape Room now... hopefully will add more and different adventures soon. Fun and creative... good for all ages😎

I don't think I gave anything away except that disclosure.

90 people signed up . They had more than they ever had before. So this was done every day, 8 at a time.

Get there early and sign up right away, Lots of fun.

On our cruise they had 6 sessions which filled....but it wasn't an every day thing. They did it 3 times the evening we participated. That's part of why they keep you downstairs and do the "introduction." Another crew member is upstairs re-setting it from the previous group. When the person doing the intro was called on the walkie-talkie, we were taken upstairs to begin.

I didn't have a clue about what it was other than people here mentioning it, but when I asked the young adults in our party if they wanted to sign up, they know exactly what it was.

Is there a fee with this, or included? Also, for those on the Emerald Princess, which day could you first sign up?

No fee. All I can say is to check the Patter for sign up time and location (for us, it was Vines, on morning hour about 3 days into the cruise). But we were on a 10 night on Caribbean Princess.

Why bother? You know the answers & if they don't change anything what's the purpose? 😏

I did the same one - Magician's escape room. It was on a 14 day Circle Caribbean on CB. We barely made it in time. We did a bunch of it out of order as we had no idea what we were doing so when we figured things out we had often already gotten whatever it was that the clue we had solved was supposed to tell us. I hope they expand on this as I'd like to do it again but would (obviously) like a different set of puzzles to solve.

Is this new? Had no idea Princess did the Escape Room; which ships have this?

Caribbean Princess, for sure.

It would be very easy for them to duplicate this on each ship (if they haven't already done so.) Basically, they need a room, which in our case was the chapel. It is also used during the day for lectures and such. The supplies are minimal, as is the set up. And it takes 2 staff members to run the event.

I did it. I arrived at sign up at the time specified and only got in because a group of 7 needed one person, and DH didn't care if he did it or not.

Our group got it with no hints in about 20 minutes. Our staff member told us it was only the 2nd time she'd seen it finished with no hints.

There was quite a waitlist on our cruise - in my survey I suggested they offer some during port stops so that the people who aren't doing excursions and want to do it can, thus opening more slots overall.

It was offered last year on Emerald Princess during the 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise. I had no idea what it was. When we sailed on Caribbean Princess in March I had looked it up and knew a little bit about it so gave it a try and liked it.

I did it. I arrived at sign up at the time specified and only got in because a group of 7 needed one person, and DH didn't care if he did it or not.

Our group got it with no hints in about 20 minutes. Our staff member told us it was only the 2nd time she'd seen it finished with no hints.

There was quite a waitlist on our cruise - in my survey I suggested they offer some during port stops so that the people who aren't doing excursions and want to do it can, thus opening more slots overall.

Interesting--we had no hints....we did get briefly stumped, but just kept working thru it. It turned out that we had a good group. It was rather funny as I had 2 "20somethings" with me who were convinced that they were the only people in their age group on board. The family of 5 that we were with were a mom and dad with 3 "20 somethings" who basically thought the same thing. We were 18 minutes and ? seconds.....I know we had 11 minutes and something remaining on our count down.

There were spots remaining when I signed us up; I don't know what happened after I left. Several slots were totally filled, but there were some spaces.

Th escape room was offered on the Ruby on our recent Alaska. Per the patter, sign up was available on Glacier Bay day @ 2:30 but didn’t say when it was. I’m sure it did when you signed up however the line into the library was madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Ruby and sign up was on embarkation day.....Did it with my son..as he and I Love puzzles....our group of 6, got the results quickly(according to Ana she stated we solved it quicker than anyone she had seen, but I doubt that. ..deductive reasoning always wins out...Thought it was clever how it was presented....it was fun but you must work together and quickly.