Stacy & Dave's Bliss-full Haven Canal Cruise May 10-25th

Stacy-b

Hi! After being inspired by The Doug Out on the TA, I thought I could do my own "live" from the canal crossing. We are staying in the Haven, and typically spend much of our time there, but will venture out from time to time! :) I will try to post every night, and a few random times throughout the day if something good pops up!!

While we were on the TA, Dave took many videos of the ship. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/dabuchho

Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived about 10:45. We forgot to print our boarding passes - 2 big cruises is a lot - so we got stopped for a second by the security people. We had to go check in at "the table" but all she wanted was our room number Done. Quickly through security, right to the Haven lounge which is on the left immediately past security, checked in and led right up to the upstairs lounge. We waited for a few minutes and were led to the Haven Observation Lounge by 11:15. Easy peasy.

Lunch is available in the Haven restaurant or Margaritaville (free for Haven on embarkation) so we headed up to Margaritaville. There were quite a few people there this time since it was sunny and warm! We got the massive nachos to share and a I got a burger and Dave got the fish sandwich. Both very good! Not sure I want to pay $15 per person, but free was cool! I forgot to take a before pic. I will get better at this! :)

Luggage, muster drill, blah blah....then up to 19 to watch sail away. The captain came on and said we were going to be delayed about 30 minutes because of some late shipments to load. We left closer to 6:30. I love sailing out of Miami by South Beach!

We are in a Courtyard Penthouse this cruise - after a 2 bedroom on the TA - so feels a little squishy! The balcony is great! Oh! The balconies on 17 are larger than the ones on 18. 17 is pushed out a few feet, while 18 is flush with the ship.

It felt like home returning today. Knowing many of the crew gave us a great warm welcome. Looking forward to another 15 days on this incredible new ship!

Pictures to follow!!

Hi! After being inspired by The Doug Out on the TA, I thought I could do my own "live" from the canal crossing. We are staying in the Haven, and typically spend much of our time there, but will venture out from time to time! :) I will try to post every night, and a few random times throughout the day if something good pops up!!

While we were on the TA, Dave took many videos of the ship. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/dabuchho

Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived about 10:45. We forgot to print our boarding passes - 2 big cruises is a lot - so we got stopped for a second by the security people. We had to go check in at "the table" but all she wanted was our room number Done. Quickly through security, right to the Haven lounge which is on the left immediately past security, checked in and led right up to the upstairs lounge. We waited for a few minutes and were led to the Haven Observation Lounge by 11:15. Easy peasy.

Lunch is available in the Haven restaurant or Margaritaville (free for Haven on embarkation) so we headed up to Margaritaville. There were quite a few people there this time since it was sunny and warm! We got the massive nachos to share and a I got a burger and Dave got the fish sandwich. Both very good! Not sure I want to pay $15 per person, but free was cool! I forgot to take a before pic. I will get better at this! :)

Luggage, muster drill, blah blah....then up to 19 to watch sail away. The captain came on and said we were going to be delayed about 30 minutes because of some late shipments to load. We left closer to 6:30. I love sailing out of Miami by South Beach!

We are in a Courtyard Penthouse this cruise - after a 2 bedroom on the TA - so feels a little squishy! The balcony is great! Oh! The balconies on 17 are larger than the ones on 18. 17 is pushed out a few feet, while 18 is flush with the ship.

It felt like home returning today. Knowing many of the crew gave us a great warm welcome. Looking forward to another 15 days on this incredible new ship!

Pictures to follow!!

Lucky you:)

Dougout inspired us to possibly try our first large ship on the Bliss but I am waiting to hear how crowded it feels at full passenger capacity before deciding. Let us know if it feels crowded or not. Love the observation lounge but wonder if it is going to turn into seat reserving like the pools.

Stacy and Dave, looks like you will have an amazing time. Enjoyed meeting up with you guys on the Jade from Miami last February. Enjoy! Judy and Jerry

9bc73c21a1c3dab22493c64866ff7d86.jpgPulling up to the Bliss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures to follow!!

Following!

Stacy and Dave, thanks so much for posting your Panama Canal cruise. Can I ask which deck 17 cabin you are in? I am in 17126 and hoping to see pictures of the larger balcony. Your pictures remind me of a very modern category SF from the Jewel Class. I really appreciate you posting them :D

Enjoy your 2nd cruise on the Beautiful Bliss!!

Dougout inspired us to possibly try our first large ship on the Bliss but I am waiting to hear how crowded it feels at full passenger capacity before deciding. Let us know if it feels crowded or not. Love the observation lounge but wonder if it is going to turn into seat reserving like the pools.

Even with 4100 on board, doesn’t feel that crowded. So many places to be and things to do, plus 2 showtimes a night in the Bliss theatre, not any place seemed crowded or full