Received a call from Princess CSR about Crooners on the Sky

cruiseintoheaven

So yesterday I sent an email to Princess to express my ginormous disappointment regarding the replacement of Crooners with the French Bistro. Just a little while ago I had a voicemail message from a Princess CSR with the usual pleasantries. She did say that they have gotten quite a bit of negative feedback on this, and that complaints were being forwarded to the proper departments, and that maybe it will change the plan. So, Princess is listening. Will it change the build? Who knows, but speak up if you feel the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what email address - I'll send one right now...:mad:

I just clicked on the “contact us” link inside my personalizer and then “email support” - from there you get a drop down box with limited choices - I selected “post cruise” issue and then in the body of the email explained my issue was actually a “pre-cruise” issue.....there may very well be a more direct address out there. You could also call.

Crooners is our favorite place to have a drink and listen to music. We were recently on the Royal, and caught pianist Korey Simon most evenings at Crooners.

Maybe I can suggest the French restaurant be located where the fine art gallery is located and keep Crooners.

Darcy

So yesterday I sent an email to Princess to express my ginormous disappointment regarding the replacement of Crooners with the French Bistro. Just a little while ago I had a voicemail message from a Princess CSR with the usual pleasantries. She did say that they have gotten quite a bit of negative feedback on this, and that complaints were being forwarded to the proper departments, and that maybe it will change the plan. So, Princess is listening. Will it change the build? Who knows, but speak up if you feel the same way.

I got the same type of voice mail message about a week and a half ago. This was after I sent an email to Princess about their terrible decision (IMHO). Their response only took a little over a month after I sent my email:D. I’m kinda cynical, but I do hold out hope Princess will actually listen and do the right thing.....:):):)

Bob

WOW, JUST WOW !!! I'm impressed...just got a personal phone call back from

Princess regarding my email...

Customer service rep stated that they are getting 'flooded' with emails and calls about this change

it's going up the chain as each call/email is noted and forwarded...to who?, who knows

but it was a very prompt response

come on cruise critic - show your POWER and bring back CROONERS...just without that karaoke guy...;p

Edited by voljeep

Which ships are they replacing Crooners? I love Crooners to listen to music and have a nice martini!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Customer service rep stated that they are getting 'flooded' with emails and calls about this change

it's going up the chain as each call/email is noted and forwarded...to who?, who know

come on cruise critic - show your POWER and bring back CROONERS...just without that karaoke guy...;p

10828987125_c9d28e5512_d.jpg

Yeah......:):):)

Bob

Which ships are they replacing Crooners? I love Crooners to listen to music and have a nice martini!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

It has already been replaced on Majestic Princess, but this thread is referring to the new build still under construction, Sky Princess.

What is French Bistro, another pay venue?

Yes with a $35 cover charge.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/la-mer-dinner-menu.pdf

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/dining-specialty/la-mer-french-bistro.html

Friends who sailed the Majestic said the location along a passenger walking area through the Piazza was a poor location for a specialty restaurant. The lack of ambiance was a big reason for not dining there & they saw very few people dining there.

I think I have figured out how to get around this problem. We have never taken more than our 2 bottles of wine. Now I think if they are going to do away with Crooners & the Wheelhouse Bars and not replacing them with other bars. I will start brining lots of wine with me and paying the corkage fee. We will just have Happy Hour on our balcony. We are elite we change out the mini bar for beer for my DH now. When he runs out of that he can go get the bucket of beer to have on hand. It is a shame they keep messing with all the stuff that makes Princess well "Princess". I quess they are keeping things fresh but I can promise Princess, I will not be paying the $35 for a French restaurant, but I would buy drinks in a bar if I could find one.

I think I have figured out how to get around this problem. We have never taken more than our 2 bottles of wine. Now I think if they are going to do away with Crooners & the Wheelhouse Bars and not replacing them with other bars. I will start brining lots of wine with me and paying the corkage fee. We will just have Happy Hour on our balcony. We are elite we change out the mini bar for beer for my DH now. When he runs out of that he can go get the bucket of beer to have on hand. It is a shame they keep messing with all the stuff that makes Princess well "Princess". I quess they are keeping things fresh but I can promise Princess, I will not be paying the $35 for a French restaurant, but I would buy drinks in a bar if I could find one.

You could absolutely do that, but you shouldn’t have to!! Crooners has been a Princess “staple” on every ship we’ve sailed on and for us, while it’s for sure a watering hole, it’s also a nice place to meet and relax in comfortable chairs and socialize. I think Princess may be listening based on the replies I’m seeing, so “vote” so to speak before it’s too late! [emoji485][emoji481]🥃[emoji483]

I got the same type of voice mail message about a week and a half ago. This was after I sent an email to Princess about their terrible decision (IMHO). Their response only took a little over a month after I sent my email[emoji3]. I’m kinda cynical, but I do hold out hope Princess will actually listen and do the right thing.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, me too on hoping! Maybe the faster response time I encountered is a good sign - we shall see!

it's going up the chain as each call/email is noted and forwarded...to who?, who knows

[emoji106][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

My guess is the final decision will be based on whether they believe Crooners or La Mer will be more profitable.

Share was added to 2 ships but was canceled on the Coral which was scheduled to be the third ship because Share was not as profitable as forecasted.

Based on posts & friends experiences La Mer has few customers. Hopefully for those very loyal fans of Crooners it won’t take another 2 failed experiences for Princess to realize that La Mer on the Majestic was not their most profitable option & to keep Crooners on the Sky.

Letting Princess know what you think about new features has had positive results. The Royal and Regal now have passenger stairs amidships. The Regal has a pool on the stern. These things came about because of passenger complaints.

Now if they would only get the Gastro Pub out of the Wheelhouse bar, replace Share with Planks, and put the Bayou Cafe menu in all the Crown Grills and Sterling Steakhouses I would be a happier cruiser.