LIVE from the Regal- 5.21.18! The Tale of 3 Princesses, the Baltic, and Suite Destiny

TracieABD

Hi Friends-

I know it has been a minute or two... Actually, it has been 1 year 4 months, and 4 days, which is a bit closer to 700,400 minutes.

But for those of you who have read my past "live froms", I guess I need to get you up to speed.

The best thing to to is to start where I left off-- which was basically standing on a really tall building in Singapore on January 27, 2017- and having a major life epiphany- which was- "Change Everything".

So, I did.

In the past 700k + minutes, I have divorced, moved, and retired. And I am doing really great. Better than ever actually. There are those of you who knew because, through the world of blogging, we have become real-life friends. Sometimes, our cyber lives neatly intersect with our real-time lives... and that is how this whole adventure started!

I have a friend who travel blogs and vlogs. She is hilarious and wide-open, and through the miracle of the inter-webs- we started messaging, then texting, then chatting- and so it goes. She goes by the name of Princess- which is ironic, because all of my friends call me Princess, too! So for the sake of confusion here- I will go as Princess 1, she will go as Princess 2 or P2, and the lovely, lovely Regal will play the role of the third Princess in our story. Are you still with me??? (If you have any guesses for whom P2 might be, she just may come on at some point and introduce herself --- but I will leave that to her--- and leave you in a bit of suspense, in the mean time...). My wish is that she will come on and offer lots of parallel commentary here!

P2 planned a huge adventure in April and invited me to go along. I was in Key West celebrating my brand-new shiny retirement so I sadly had to decline. I followed her trip with an equal mix of mirth and envy. And just the mere suggestion of travel kind of got me thinking-- and you know how dangerous that can be...

So, I took a just a tiny peek at the Princess website- and there it was! A super discounted cruise to the Baltic! And I did what any reasonable human should do- I booked it! My very own solo interior cabin through Scandinavia and Russia! I love this cruise and have not done it since 2008 with my dear, sweet mom. It seemed like kismet! (Bear in mind I am a master at rationalizing and justifying the mess out of anything. :halo:)

When I shared my plan with P2, she thought I had a grand plan and decided to jump on board the Regal with me! Let the planning begin! This entailed phone calls, FaceTime, about 9 million texts, and a bunch of emails. So.Much.Fun!

Firstly, we decided to each go solo. Inside rooms are pretty small- and I am TOTAL Felix (Odd Couple reference). We felt it was better to bunk separately. I kept my interior- IF gty-- and she booked a balcony.

Then we decided to meet in person. She happened to have another trip planned to a location that was close to me- so I drove out and we spent a weekend getting to know one another. This weekend involved food, fun, tiaras (we are princesses, after all), sun, fun, and lots of silliness! This was just like a big, old travel blind date- that lead to a second travel date- in Copenhagen!

The plan is we each travel to Copenhagen separately to board the Regal on Monday. We will meet at Tivoli Gardens on Sunday afternoon, have a little dinner, ride the ferris wheel, part company, and meet back up on the ship on Embarkation Day.

Sound good? Sound fun?

Well, that is NOT what was written in the stars for these star-crossed traveling Princesses!

With one phone call... the whole plan changed!

Stay tuned, gentle readers, for Episode 2 of our Journey to the Baltic!

Thanks for reading this big bunch of goofiness!

Tracie-Lynn :) :)

Congrats on your lifestyle change. It’s freeing, isn’t it? So many people wait for “some day” only to find that when that day comes, they’re not in a position to take advantage and do the things they dreamed of doing. You go, girl!

Congrats on your lifestyle change. It’s freeing, isn’t it? So many people wait for “some day” only to find that when that day comes, they’re not in a position to take advantage and do the things they dreamed of doing. You go, girl!

Thank you so much, Pam. You summed it up perfectly!

Can't wait to hear (read) all about your trip! We are taking the same cruise in July. I like your style. Have a great time!

At some point, I promise to attempt to impart some useful information... No guarantees, but there will be an attempt!

Tracie...thanks for the updates & welcome back! :D

Looking forward to once again vicariously sailing on your cruise...it’s always fun to read your goofiness. ;p

Ahhh, Cousin Frank! It is like old home week around these parts!

I will be following along!! I have had the pleasure to meet Princess 2 on the Crown years ago and I enjoy her friendship very much. I have had an interesting year with a major health issue, and P2’s messages of care and concern warmed my heart and still do. And now that I’m back in good health, and I will also be back cruising soon on the Royal.

Bon voyage!! P2 gave me an inkling of things to come!! [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I will be following along!! I have had the pleasure to meet Princess 2 on the Crown years ago and I enjoy her friendship very much. I have had an interesting year with a major health issue, and P2’s messages of care and concern warmed my heart and still do. And now that I’m back in good health, and I will also be back cruising soon on the Royal.

Bon voyage!! P2 gave me an inkling of things to come!! [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really, really, really hope that you are well on the mend. Which means one thing... Now the 3 of us will need to plan some future tomfoolery!

P2 is Up in the Air - Copenhagen or Bust.

Greetings to my Princess People. The last time we met was on the SE Asia Diamond itinerary with my Maldives pre vacay. I am not a mathematician like P1 (she is a PhD and so smart), so I won’t count the minutes;p

I spent three weeks traveling Japan and a few days in Cuba prior to booking the cruise with P1. Almost 50 cruises and I am a virgin to the Princess Regal/Royal Class. I’ve been cruisin’ those old rust buckets. Very excited to get the Regal treatment. P1 had suggested we go to Bhutan, but that was too much effort at such a busy time in the year for us. The Baltic was a much more sensible itinerary all things considered.

I bought my airline ticket yesterday. United had a super saver mileage reward available in First Class, so I took it. I had a BClass ticket so I upgraded. I decided in honor of the Royal Wedding and cruising on the “Regal”, I should spoil myself a little bit more.

This cruise was slow to sell, so they were offering really good single fares. I booked a bottom level balcony and was upgraded to the top level balcony. Very nice. Thank you Princess Cruises.

I booked a 2 night Pre Cruise stay at the Copenhagen Marriott. This is one of the busiest weekends of the year in Copenhagen. It will be crazy. The Marriott was $4000 on Saturday night. It is the Whit holiday and some kind of Carnival. I hope I won’t suffer unmanageable crowds and claustrophobia.

What P1 failed to mention is that she is madly in love. I am going to have to make sure she is entertained 24/7 Or she might jump ship back to her Prince.

Looking forward to sharing the next two weeks with you. You can find my photos and videos on my FB travel page. Fungirl Across America and Beyond. I don’t take myself too seriously and I am very gratelful to have another opportunity to check out countries I have not traveled. I will be over 70 countries. Getting around the world before my body give out.

Cheers, Sungirl aka P2

P2 is Up in the Air - Copenhagen or Bust.

Greetings to my Princess People. The last time we met was on the SE Asia Diamond itinerary with my Maldives pre vacay. I am not a mathematician like P1 (she is a PhD and so smart), so I won’t count the minutes;p

I spent three weeks traveling Japan and a few days in Cuba prior to booking the cruise with P1. Almost 50 cruises and I am a virgin to the Princess Regal/Royal Class. I’ve been cruisin’ those old rust buckets. Very excited to get the Regal treatment. P1 had suggested we go to Bhutan, but that was too much effort at such a busy time in the year for us. The Baltic was a much more sensible itinerary all things considered.

I bought my airline ticket yesterday. United had a super saver mileage reward available in First Class, so I took it. I had a BClass ticket so I upgraded. I decided in honor of the Royal Wedding and cruising on the “Regal”, I should spoil myself a little bit more.

This cruise was slow to sell, so they were offering really good single fares. I booked a bottom level balcony and was upgraded to the top level balcony. Very nice. Thank you Princess Cruises.

I booked a 2 night Pre Cruise stay at the Copenhagen Marriott. This is one of the busiest weekends of the year in Copenhagen. It will be crazy. The Marriott was $4000 on Saturday night. It is the Whit holiday and some kind of Carnival. I hope I won’t suffer unmanageable crowds and claustrophobia.

What P1 failed to mention is that she is madly in love. I am going to have to make sure she is entertained 24/7 Or she might jump ship back to her Prince.

Looking forward to sharing the next two weeks with you. You can find my photos and videos on my FB travel page. Fungirl Across America and Beyond. I don’t take myself too seriously and I am very gratelful to have another opportunity to check out countries I have not traveled. I will be over 70 countries. Getting around the world before my body give out.

Cheers, Sungirl aka P2

Friends-

Meet the illustrious Paige! Aka P2!!!

Let the shenanigans begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiaras and bloggers? you are women after my own heart. i feel like i'm traveling with family. bon voyage!

Ann Marie- still waiting for the day when we can coordinate and sail together!

Princess 1,

Welcome back. Looking forward to the rest of your tale.

Hey Paul. I am so glad to see you and Jeannie back out and sailing! I am glad she is feeling better!

Anyone have the PDF guides to the Baltic? Can't seem to get them prior to my cruise

Not sure which pdf guides you are referring to, but I am intrigued...

Hi Fun Friends!

Sooooo, where did I leave off???

Oh yeah. The change of plans- but I am not quite ready to chat about that yet... I will just put it in the hopper for later.

I am at the airport. Waiting to board. Charlotte to Chicago to Helsinki to Copenhagen. I made check in with one bag- exactly 50 pounds.

My very nice fellow, PJ, actually brought me into the airport and helped me with check in. What a difference a year makes- :*

I also have a smallish back pack that has everything I might need and a carry on- that weighs....

...46 pounds.

So I am hoping that they will offer to gate check this monster through to Copenhagen. Otherwise, I will have to figure out how to lift this beast over my head. Ugh.

I land in Copenhagen tomorrow at 12:40 pm which is +6 from EST. Unlike my traveling Princess counterpart- who, bless her heart, spent the whole night gutting it out in First Class— I am flying Premium Economy. I hope to sleep a little and arrive somewhat rested so I can hit the ground running. I realize this is a very optimistic approach. Wish me luck!

Once I arrive in CPH, I am hoping to check in to my hotel and then will meet up with P2 at Tivoli Gardens for some sort of tomfoolery. We plan to tour the park, have some dinner at Groftons, ride the Ferris wheel, before we head over to the Stroget to check out the shops.

So I am going to sign off and try to get gate checked...

Any totally buff individual want to help be wrangle the beast?

Tracie-Lynn :)