Tortola and Dominica...Is NCL Going To These Islands?

dongordon

Sailing on dawn Jan 2019 these ports were on the original itinerary but have been cancelled and replaced.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Curious if you were informed about the changes via email? Was wondering if there is any place online that anyone might be aware of that shows any itinerary changes? Don and I are both on the Escape January 20th 14 day Southern Itinerary sailing and we have not yet heard specifically about cancellations and replacements of Tortola and Dominica (yet) or St. Maarten either (which may still be hurting as well) With all the devastation from the hurricanes earlier this year our 8 port Breakaway 14 day sailing turned into 6 ports (Including ABC islands which was actually very nice)

If there isn't any place that summarizes any upcoming sailings that have had Itinerary changes...it would be great to hear from anyone who has heard of itinerary changes in the Southern/Eastern Caribbean via email.

Sailing on dawn Jan 2019 these ports were on the original itinerary but have been cancelled and replaced.

Correct, for the Dawn.

However, other ships are still scheduled for these two ports.

I am on the Getaway Oct. 14 and Tortola is still listed on our itinerary....do you know something I don’t know yet?

That is interesting, as I am not seeing *any* itinerary for the Getaway on Oct 14. Perhaps it is already sold out, or a partial-ship charter? Or yet another NCL website snafu.

Oct 7 and Oct 21, she is doing the Western Carib itinerary.

Has NCL changed itineraries which have Tortola and Dominica as ports?

Are they providing information on any changes?

We were scheduled to go to both these islands on our Dawn cruise on December 6th 2018. They have canceled them both for that cruise.

In fact they had canceled 5 of the 8 ports we were scheduled to visit.

Tortola was the last one to get canceled and they replaced it with St Thomas.

Bill

Not necessarily.

I'm on the Dawn in February. Our Dominica port was replaced, but we are still going to Tortola.

We are on a Feb sailing as well. Am so disappointed that Dominica isn't a port at this time. It is one of our favorite stops. I could care less about Tortola unless one wants to do the baths.

Booked on the January 19 Bliss sailing. It may have something to do with the Bliss revised schedule. The itinerary of 4 Bliss sailings were changed due to lack of dock space in St.Thomas and tortola. to correct it, they swapped the days for the 2 ports. they may have cut the smaller ships due in on those days to get the Bliss in there .

I received a forwarded email from ncl from my ta so I assume if you booked direct they will email you.

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Dawn's 11-Day Southern Caribbean sailing on January 6, 2019 from San Juan, Puerto Rico. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.*

The itinerary for Norwegian Dawn's sailing of January 6, 2019 has been adjusted. The ship will now be calling on Willemstad, Curacao on January 8, 2019; Oranjestad, Aruba on January 9, 2019; St. John's, Antigua on January 14, 2019 and to St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands on January 16, 2019.

Please review the revised itinerary information below:

Original

Day

Destination

Arrive

Depart

Sun

San Juan, Puerto Rico

9:00 pm

Mon

At Sea

Tue

Oranjestad, Aruba

8:00 am

8:00 pm

Wed

Willemstad, Netherland Antilles

8:00 pm

Thu

Kralendijk, Netherland Antilles

2:00 pm

Fri

St. George's, Grenada, Grenada

11:00 am

6:00 pm

Sat

Bridgetown, Barbados

5:00 pm

Sun

Castries, St.Lucia

Mon

At Sea

Tue

Philipsburg St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles

Wed

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Thu

San Juan, Puerto Rico

5:30 am

Revised

Day

Destination

Curious if you were informed about the changes via email? Was wondering if there is any place online that anyone might be aware of that shows any itinerary changes? Don and I are both on the Escape January 20th 14 day Southern Itinerary sailing and we have not yet heard specifically about cancellations and replacements of Tortola and Dominica (yet) or St. Maarten either (which may still be hurting as well) With all the devastation from the hurricanes earlier this year our 8 port Breakaway 14 day sailing turned into 6 ports (Including ABC islands which was actually very nice)

If there isn't any place that summarizes any upcoming sailings that have had Itinerary changes...it would be great to hear from anyone who has heard of itinerary changes in the Southern/Eastern Caribbean via email.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Our March 24, 2019 cruise on the Dawn still shows Tortola, but DomInica was taken off the itinerary. We are also going the week before and Martinique was removed from that itinerary.

I'm wondering why my Escape January 20th cruise passengers have not been notified about itinerary changes.

It could be that some cruises are still on course to visit these ports and they are limiting the number of ships visiting the ports during their recovery since the tourist venues may be limited and some may have been destroyed by the hurricanes.

Don:cool:

Our March 24, 2019 cruise on the Dawn still shows Tortola, but DomInica was taken off the itinerary. We are also going the week before and Martinique was removed from that itinerary.

On the same cruise. Received the attached. Dominica was replaced with St. Thomas. Tortola is still a go so far.

Capture.thumb.PNG.f53f2874bedb974675ea6d4cd9008804.PNG

That is interesting, as I am not seeing *any* itinerary for the Getaway on Oct 14. Perhaps it is already sold out, or a partial-ship charter? Or yet another NCL website snafu.

Oct 7 and Oct 21, she is doing the Western Carib itinerary.

As of today this is what is showing in My Vacation Summary for our Oct 14 cruise. However as noted above, there are no excursions showing for Tortola although there are excursions for the other ports.

• Miami, Florida

DayLand Tours And Cruise PortsArriveDepartBookedSunMiami, Florida---4:00 PM0MonAt Sea------0TueAt Sea------0WedSt. Thomas, US Virgin Islands8:00 AM6:00 PM0ThuTortola, British Virgin Islands7:00 AM3:00 PM0FriAt Sea------0SatNassau, Bahamas12:00 PM7:00 PM0SunMiami, Florida (Flight Departure)8:00 AM---0

I noticed 2 interesting things about our Dawn sailing in Feb. One, though the itinerary was slightly changed so we are now going to Bonaire if you check the route, the site just says map to come shortly. And if you look for shore excursions nothing is coming up or it wasn't a few days ago when I checked. This indicates to me, the itinerary may not be set in stone yet.