Seaside Yacht Club Dining versus Specialty Restaurants?

pmb526

I am just wondering if the specialty restaurants are really worth it as compared to dining in the Yacht Club? Also, if you are on a B2B, can the trio be used anytime over the 14 days or must all 3 be used on one leg of the trip? Not sure if it matters at all but we will be on the Seaside.

As a YC member you always have the option to request specific dishes from any of the speciality restaurants which makes the YC restaurant so appealing. This perk alone if abused daily pays for the cabin value outright.

That must be new marinerboy. There used to be dishes on the yc menu that were „signature dishes“ from the specialty restaurants but I never heard anyone requesting random items from othr restaurants?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

As a YC member you always have the option to request specific dishes from any of the speciality restaurants which makes the YC restaurant so appealing. This perk alone if abused daily pays for the cabin value outright.

I have even heard that the butlers would go to the closest NCL, Carnival or Royal ship to get entres from their specialty restaurants to please the yacht club passengers.

But in all seriousness, I would really like to hear from anyone that has dined in the Seaside specialty restaurants and the Yacht Club for their opinion.

I am just wondering if the specialty restaurants are really worth it as compared to dining in the Yacht Club? Also, if you are on a B2B, can the trio be used anytime over the 14 days or must all 3 be used on one leg of the trip? Not sure if it matters at all but we will be on the Seaside.

No the trio has to be used during a week. In the YC you can ask for something and they will have it for you on the next day.

Mariner Boy is wrong, as always. I'm surprised at Riclop's answer as well, unless they have changed. In March, we could not order dishes from a specialty restaurant.

Mariner Boy is wrong, as always. I'm surprised at Riclop's answer as well, unless they have changed. In March, we could not order dishes from a specialty restaurant.

Have you dined in the Specialty Restaurants also? If so, how would you compare the options in terms of service, quality... overall experience?

Thank you for your earlier reply. Given earlier threads, I found Mariner Boy's reply dubious.

We only did the Asian for Sushi. We found the dinner selections in the YC to be very good. There is a great advantage in having a dedicated YC kitchen, and the service personnel are a good source of recommendations on what is good and what should be avoided. The only caveat is when the maitre d' is finishing the pasta. There is a tendency to get backed up given the number of diners at any one time. There pastas and risottos are excellent. They always had a steak on the menu, but only had lobster one night. Shrimp are excellent. John

No the trio has to be used during a week. In the YC you can ask for something and they will have it for you on the next day.

Hello....

We will be on a B2B in July on the Preziosa. Could you please explain "the trio". I have not heard of that. Thank you.

Hello....

We will be on a B2B in July on the Preziosa. Could you please explain "the trio". I have not heard of that. Thank you.

This most likely may vary by ship- but the following is from the Seaside.

TRIO - THREE DISTINCT DINING EXPERIENCES

Three distinct dining experiences ... Ocean Cay Seafood Restaurant, Asian Market and Butcher's Cut Steakhouse. Ocean Cay is an exclusive venue offering signature seafood menu: sea bass, crab, clams. oysters and much more ... Asian Market Kitchen by Roy Yamaguchi is offering exquisite sushi, sashimi and tempura created by famous Chef Roy Yamaguchi, with much more to it at the row bar. Butchers' Cut is a unique parlor where the guests can choose their favorite beef breeds and cuts from our glass-fronted meat ageing fridges. The package includes food only, a three-courses dinner to choose from the Dining Expereince selection. Some items may be subject to extra charge. Day of booking to be confirmed on board. Terms & Conditions: This package can be sold only to guests over 13 years old. Menus for children up to 12 years old are available on-board. No payment for the kids under 3 years.

Read less

Agree! Could not order dishes from Specialty restaurant in April either. However, I think what riclop meant was that you can request something one night and you will most likely have it the next night - but not items from SR's. We did that twice with items we especially liked, and requested that we be able to have them again. Our request was accommodated.

OKay! That makes sense. You can definitely order ahead,

Agree! Could not order dishes from Specialty restaurant in April either. However, I think what riclop meant was that you can request something one night and you will most likely have it the next night - but not items from SR's. We did that twice with items we especially liked, and requested that we be able to have them again. Our request was accommodated.

You can see it under things you can order ahead. It's not order off of the whole menu. It is a limited menu, but you still have choices. It reads as follows:

Trio - Three distinct dining experiences

Three distinctly different flavor profile

No overlap in flavors here, with three very different culinary directions to tickle your taste buds. The finest seafood at the Ocean Cay Seafood Restaurant, Oriental fare at Chef Yamaguchi’s Asian Market (Pan Asian Restaurant and Sushi Food Bar) and at the Butcher’s Cut Steakhouse. Indulge your senses with a three-course meal at each fabulous dining location.

Available on : MSC Seaside

Hello....

Getting back to the original question--assuming you can't order from the specialty restaurants factoring out extra-cost to dine in the specialty restaurant, is it quality of the Yacht Club Restaurant such compared to Butcher's Cut and the Asian restaurant and the French restaurant that you would recommend skipping the specialty restaurants and just dining in the Yacht Club? I always like to try as many venues as I can but am not really sure if it would just be better to stick with the Yacht Club Restaurant on the Seaside.

Well, it depends on what adventure you want. With the exception of the Italian night, the alternative menu always had Norwegian salmon (broiled, but I got it poached one night), chicken breast tournedos of beef (filet mignon), French Onion Soup. One night, the menu entrees were swordfish, pasta with shrimp, roast turkey, and rack of lamb. It wasn't the fanciest, but we always had choices. Reviews are mixed on the Specialty restaurants. The reviews vary as much as taste preferences. If you drink, though, the one thing you want to be sure to do, though, is get cocktails at the bar just outside the YC that is the entry to the Specialty restaurants. Nice choices that are not readily available at other venues, including the Top Sail Lounge.

If you drink, though, the one thing you want to be sure to do, though, is get cocktails at the bar just outside the YC that is the entry to the Specialty restaurants. Nice choices that are not readily available at other venues, including the Top Sail Lounge.

Are these cocktails not available in the specialty restaurants?

Thanks for the tip!:)

It's the common bar for the specialty restaurants, but the menus group drinks by theme. An Asian specialty Mai Tai from Yamaguchi's for example, would not be on the suggested list for the Butcher's Block, but that central bar can make all of the drinks, even if you are not eating there. Plus it is a nice set-up in there, and is steps away from the YC.

We were on the US inaugural sailing of Seaside in December in YC. While we did not pre-purchase the 3 options, we did eat at Ocean Cay for lunch one day, at Butcher's Cut one evening and Asian Market another.

Ocean Cay was sub par with cracked conch that was chewy and a plain pasta dish although DH enjoyed the sea bass and will never be happy until he goes back and has the salt crusted sea bass for 2.

Butcher's Cut was excellent but the tenderloin served here was the same as the one enjoyed in YC one evening.

Asian Market was delicious and the presentation of the food was unique.

Since this was the first sailing, the service in the YC Restaurant had its issues but the food was generally good although the menu was limited.

I don't believe this is accurate as I was unable to get even a plain radicchio salad and informed it was just not available. The next day and every day after this, I found beautiful radicchio in the YC Grill. The menu might be more flexible now but it sure was not during that week in the YC restaurant. Even a child with allergies was not accomodated.

As this was a sailing over Christmas, and also the inaugural, the YC manager "bragged" in a closed group that the food served during that week was very special but not to be expected on other sailings... Yes, the food in the YC grill was excellent as we had our share of lobster and jumbo prawns at their lunch buffet.