Specialty restaurant freebie?

katrina915

When we have had a promotion free specialty dinner a card was delivered to our stateroom with the time and date.

We have just phoned up the dining line to change the time and date. No problems.

We just got off the Grand last week, and we also had a specialty freebie. Take a printout of your cruise summary, showing this just in case. When we got on board, there wasn't anything in the cabin, so I called the dine line and made a reservation. Our cabin steward put a reminder card in our cabin the day of the reservation. Suggestions - choose the Crown Grill and get the dessert sampler. You'll be happy you did!

The coupon book (which I understand is a promotion thru the TA) has absolutely nothing to do with the recent promotion from Princess that included a complimentary specialty dinner for each person in the cabin. They are totally different things.

Coupon book is a BOGO for the Crown Grill on embarkation night only. And yes, it is applicable only to two people dining together on that first night. And for most people, this is the only worthwhile coupon in the book.

The complimentary specialty dining promotion will be assigned to a specific restaurant and night, but you can change it after boarding. Just call or go to the restaurant and let them know what you want.

The coupon book (which I understand is a promotion thru the TA) has absolutely nothing to do with the recent promotion from Princess that included a complimentary specialty dinner for each person in the cabin. They are totally different things.

Coupon book is a BOGO for the Crown Grill on embarkation night only. And yes' date=' it is applicable only to two people dining together on that first night. And for most people, this is the only worthwhile coupon in the book.

The complimentary specialty dining promotion will be assigned to a specific restaurant and night, but you can change it after boarding. Just call or go to the restaurant and let them know what you want.[/quote']

Are there different coupon books?. We've had the Princess books on our last two trips courtesy of our TA, including on the Emerald two weeks ago. It clearly states it is for embarkation day only, but I don't remember it saying that it was limited to the CG. We booked Share for the first night weeks in advance, gave it to the waitress when we sat down, and had a fantastic meal, much better than the CG meal we had later in the trip.

I can't address whether there are possibly different coupon books. That would certainly be a possibility. The coupon I saw said CG on embarkation night only--irrelevant to us as we were in a suite, so already were getting CG on the first night.

Last month on the Regal we had the free specialty dinner. A card was in our cabin that indicated it would be Sabitini's but had no date or time. On the second day I called to make a reservation for Crown Grill because I knew the freebie was good at either. The person on the phone said "Oh you were supposed to go to Sabitini's YESTERDAY" After some discussion she let us use it at Crown Grill. This was our 3rd Princess cruise and we only received the coupon book on the first one.

Are there different coupon books?

Yes.

There is one which is given to all passengers. We have sometimes received it at check-in, sometimes when walking onto the ship, sometimes in our cabin when we arrived and sometimes had to ask for it at a ship's boutique. It is mostly good for propping up a table which has one leg a little shorter than the others.

The other one, offered by TAs during special promotions but actually supplied by Princess, only goes to those who booked with a TA during a special promotion. It would be in your cabin on Embarkation day. It is mostly good for propping up a table which has one leg moderately shorter than the other three legs.

Yes.

There is one which is given to all passengers. We have sometimes received it at check-in, sometimes when walking onto the ship, sometimes in our cabin when we arrived and sometimes had to ask for it at a ship's boutique. It is mostly good for propping up a table which has one leg a little shorter than the others.

The other one, offered by TAs during special promotions but actually supplied by Princess, only goes to those who booked with a TA during a special promotion. It would be in your cabin on Embarkation day. It is mostly good for propping up a table which has one leg moderately shorter than the other three legs.

Does that mean that one is thicker than the other;).

Theo

Yes.

Thanks for the confirmation. Ours WAS supplied by our TA as part of their big Sip and Sail, and was clearly a Princess booklet. And yes, it was pretty much useless except for the free BOGO dinner and the liter of free bottled water. Still, the one free embarkation day meal in Share re-directed the $40 towards my bar tab so it was worth it.:D

There used to be a 2 for 1 coffee card in the TA's Coupon book. Is that still there?

I checked the two TA-supplied booklets we still have, and there's no coffee card discount coupons in those. Maybe in other booklets?

On my last Princess Cruise, Sabatini’s was more crowded than I have ever seen it. I asked the waiter and he said that most people were comped. From a Corporate point of view, I guess it makes sense to give something away that is in excess supply.