Feb. 14th.. Chocolate will be all we're thinking in our head

Love and Romance is a beautiful thing

Forget the chocolate and get a Diamond Ring

Remember this month has only 28 days

Two days less to lose is all I can say

(but 2 days less to eat in a bad way)

Smile and the whole world smiles with you even if it rains

Frown and the whole world knows you have gained:D

I can’t believe it’s February already! That means I can now say we leave on our cruise NEXT month! Yikes! I did have a good week though. I made a menu plan for the week and pretty much stuck to it. Had a couple of hiccups but nothing major and then jumped right back on the plan. I was down 3.2 lbs this week! Very proud of myself this week mainly for sticking to my plan and being more aware of what I was eating. 2.5 more lbs and I’ll be under 200! That’s my incentive this week! Have a great week everyone!

cruznmema, great loss. Good luck making your goal for this week. I, too, am very excited to say that my cruise is next month. I leave the last day of March and sail April 1st. My granddaughter says that vacation starts the minute you leave for the airport.

I am up 2lbs. :o

Rose

Hello,

Belle, thanks for the poem. February already? Crazy.

I lost 1 of my 3 cruise lbs. We'll see what I can do next week......

Cruznmema, congrats on a great loss.

Rose, sorry you gained.

Count me in to say I cruise next month. We leave March 13th. Not looking forward to..........the 16 hour flight to Melbourne, Australia.

Have a great day, Diana

Australia will be worth whatever the flight Diana. I’m sure of that.

I’m with your granddaughter Rose! I feel like I’m on vacation as soon as I leave the office!

Great job cruznmema, 3+in a week is definitely a success.

I’m not even sure where I was last week. Odds are that I’m same if I remember correctly. Coming to terms that 200 might just be it for me. Totally my fault. Just not doing the work.

Anyway, As much as a despise Facebook, I’m making my return I think. Have a group there I need to join. If you are there and want to hook up let me know.

Have a great day friends.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello All

Down 2 lbs, 1 that gained last week plus another.:)

Cruz..Great Loss. Isn't nice when we plan and have a loss! Wishing for your next 2.5 loss

to happen soon.

Rose..Sorry your up. You'll get it off soon. On a cruise my vacation till after muster drill

and I have everything put away in my cabin. Then it begins!

Dians..Glad you loss some of your cruise gain. You'll get the rest off before your next cruise.

You leave the day I come back.

Mike..I'm sure you'll feel better soon. If you want to lose more you will. If happy where

you are then stay there with a smile.

I'm going to be leaving on Feb. 6th and back on March 13th. I will try to come on and maybe start some

posts but you never know. If busy, internet doesn't work or whatever. So will someone please start this

every Thursday morning or (Wed. evening) so everyone will come in. Thank You. Remember to try

to talk during the week. I'll try to come in during the week too. Keep me accountable. Didn't gain last

cruise but this is a different one. Will try not to.

Will try to come in till I leave but so behind in getting ready. Everyone take care.

May I join you?

I have only been dieting for a week and have so far lost 3 pounds, which is great, but even better, my head is in the right place. It's easy when you are on a roll, but it can be murderous to get on a roll once you fall off.

My goal is to lose 30 pounds befor my birthday, which is June 8th. One day at a time.

Welcome PunkiC! The more the merrier. Generally, Belle starts a new thread Thursday mornings and we report our week’s success or disappointment. But we chat all week as well. We leave for next cruise on June 11 so my goal date isn’t far from yours. Good luck, it’ll be tough, but you can do it. Checking in here helps!

Mike

Belle,

Have a fantastic cruise. We'll miss you. I will probably be out of touch the whole time we are on our trip. Won't have internet on the ship. Someone will definitely start the threads while you're gone.

Punki, welcome, great start to your weight loss.

Mike, you've done so well. The hard part to losing weight is maintaining! So, maybe concentrate on that for a while.

Diana

Thank you for the welcome. I really do need all of the support I can get.

I also just joined My Fitness Pal and did a complete diary for yesterday. It takes a bit to set up one's favorite foods initially, but since I eat pretty much the same things all of the time, it can only get easier. My goal is 12,000 calories a day.

Veggie Hamburgers and veggie chicken burgers are high on my list for lunches. Even with lettuce, onions, dill pickle slices, tomato, mayo, ketchup and mustard, they are pretty low calorie and very filling and satisfying. I also eat a lot of frozen meals because they are easy and easily calorie-controlled.

Since I gave up wine entirely, my favorite drink is Perrier with lemon and bitters, which I drink all day long. It is also an easy drink to order when one goes out for a drink or dinner. My son gave me that trick as he drinks very little and in almost always in training g for one thing or another.

Do any of you have any good diet tricks?

Hi all!

Belle ~ that month did go by fast!! Hope our weeks away don't go as fast! I can say I'm going this month, in fact in 10 days & am so looking forward to it.

Where are you cruising this time Belle? Have a great time!

PunkiC ~ welcome to the thread!:D I use my Fitness Pal too but I think you added an extra 0 to your calorie count. I'd love to be able to eat 12,000 a day but would be afraid of the weight gain!;)

I was bad again (what else is new?!) so am up 0.8 lbs. Well, the good news is I'm not at my highest, the bad I'm nowhere near where I want to be.:o

Have a great week.

~ Jo ~ :)

Retiring soon writes:

PunkiC ~ welcome to the thread!:D I use my Fitness Pal too but I think you added an extra 0 to your calorie count. I'd love to be able to eat 12,000 a day but would be afraid of the weight gain!;)

LOL, you are so right. Would 't it be amazing if we could have 12,000 calories a day and still lose weight?

Truth be told I don't think it would be possible for me to eat that much. I am satisfied with 1,200, and with all of the tools we have available in 2018, it's much easier to keep track of calories than it was back in 1977, which was the last time that I was truly successful with a large, long-term weight loss. Since then I have been battling the same 20 pounds over and over again. If I lose 20 pounds, I will look fine, but I am shooting for 30.

Hello all. I'm down another 1/2 pound. Not a big loss but a loss the same. I'm noticing my clothes feel less tight so maybe the changes for me aren't all weight related. I've felt quite in control this week and did not eat even 1 sweet (huge accomplishment for me)!! I don't cruise until December but I do have a week in Mexico planned for mid-March so I would like to lose the last 7 pounds of winter weight.

Belle- Have a great cruise

PunkiC-That's a big loss. Congrats on a great starte

Diana- Your cruise sounds fun. I've never been to Australia.

Mike- You can do this!!

Rose- You can lose that gain in no time.

Cruznmama- You'll be where you want to be soon enough. Great job

Jo- 0.8 is not too bad. I can gain that just looking at food

Belle, congrats on the loss and have a great time on your cruises.

Punkic, welcome to the thread. Good luck with achieving your goals.

westcoastgirl, congrats on your loss. Having any kind of loss is a good thing.

Diana, I hear you about the flight, but just think how wonderful it will be once you are there and boarding your ship. Your cruise sounds awesome.

I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Rose

Super Bowl Weekend..Are You Being Good?

Welcome PunkiC..You asked for tips. Plan ahead which sounds

like your doing.

Hello Mike, Diana, West, Rose, and Shootr , Lize when they come in.

Thanks for the Bon Voyages. Just think so many of you will be cruising

soon to.

I'm taking what I call light cruises, don't have to fly, going to places I've

gone before many times before. Mainly just going to cruise and have warm

weather and to help people out.

1st cruise with friend with cancer wanted another cruise to Mexico.

2nd with daughter who needed a break from work Mexico again

3rd just for me Hawaii which I love, going solo.

Just worked this way to take all 3 together. Got money off on all

3 plus money to spend. Couldn't pass that up..could I?:cool:

Then home to..to much work on house, taxes, trust ect. While you all go on cruises!:eek::D

Like I said will try to come in once in awhile. Don't forget me, like you could. Don't forget the post.

Someone start it each Thursday please.

I started a private Facebook support group with my friend Sherri who also started on her weight-loss/fitness. Let me know if you would like to join and I will add you. My name is Della Maricich and the group is called Snerri's Support Group. Let's do it!

Now I need a nap.

Good Morning,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Jo, you and I are in the same "boat". I am also not at my highest but not where I want to be. Hubby is trying along with me to lose a few lbs. before our big trip next month.

We planted some lettuce seeds a few months ago. Despite all of December having morning frost the lettuce is growing like crazy. We also had some radishes and now spinach. So, salad tonight for dinner.

Have a good day.

Diana

Diana, you are so lucky to be able to grow veggies so early in the year. My husband had a hip replacement last August so he is still healing. Of course he goes skiing several times a week, but says it is too soon to turn the solid in the garden.

It has been an amazingly warm winter and it looks like all of my geraniums have made it through, which is very exciting. They are always so much bigger and more beautiful if I can keep them for more than one year.

The diet is still going very well and I have been building up to the point where I am able to go for over 15 minutes straight in my Simply Fit board.

Good luck to all,

We got back a little over a week ago from an 8 day on the carnival conquest. I stuck to my keto diet the first 5 days and then fell off. Came home 8lbs heavier despite stairs. I retain water like crazy. Now 9 days after getting home I am less than pre cruise weight, so aside from a cold, I’m feeling pretty good with my loss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI all!

Belle ~ Bon Voyage, enjoy all your cruises & the people with you.

bmetz34 ~ I retain water too but not on every cruise for some reason.:confused: I was on the Conquest in Oct. & really liked that ship. I was a bit anxious about the decor as I've only been on the latest Carnival ships but really liked it, so floral & French.

Did you have Chloe as CD? I thought her so nice.

We've been having snow quite often here & I won't drive in it. Probably saved me some calories today as the lunch I hoped to attend was 3 course roast pork, one being chocolate cake, so I'll have a tuna salad sandwich & carrot instead.:(

Have a nice day & see you tomorrow, with hopefully a loss!

~ Jo ~ :)

Bmetz34 - I’m with you on the cruise weight. Tends to come off fairly quickly. Getting to the desired precruise weight is a different story. No way im dieting on a cruise though. All bets are off there usually. See you all tomorrow with more bad news I would assume.