Pricing Whiplash

wesport

We are on September 1, Copenhagen to London. Our TA reports that there is plenty of space. As I said yesterday, this doesn't bode well for a brand new ship. Folks should be standing in line to get on.

September may be a bit late to go to the northern tip of Norway, so I'll be watching the pricing closely, watching for a decrease. Our TA reports that we should get a refund if SB lowers the price, but I doubt that they would automatically send a check. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

pm1225

Seabourn has grown so much with 12 years ago 3 ships total 600 passengers now 5 ships total 2650 passengers it is a huge increase in the passengers you have to get on the ships 52 weeks a year. So it understandable you cannot fill the ships immediately without attracting new clients and this take time. The seabourn regulars , which I am one. are not that keen to go on bigger ships as they are very happy with the O class ships.

pm1225

Seabourn has grown so much with 12 years ago 3 ships total 600 passengers now 5 ships total 2650 passengers it is a huge increase in the passengers you have to get on the ships 52 weeks a year. So it understandable you cannot fill the ships immediately without attracting new clients and this take time. The seabourn regulars , which I am one. are not that keen to go on bigger ships as they are very happy with the O class ships.

We will be new to Seabourn this summer with a cruise in July. I am excited needless to say. I saw two videos on U-tube yesterday. One was about the Encore the other about the Quest, which is the ship we will be sailing. I must say the Encore did not seem as pretty as the Quest. I also thought The Retreat on the Encore was not appealing and I would never spend the extra money they want to charge for using The Retreat. Seriously, on an all inclusive line they want to charge for that area?

PM1225,

which cruise are you on? The roll calls for September on the Odyssey are rather "dead".....

Just read this - I failed to say that we are on the Ovation....and Cruise Critic still has not added it as a pop down option for a Roll Call ...

Just read this - I failed to say that we are on the Ovation....and Cruise Critic still has not added it as a pop down option for a Roll Call ...

I'm confused what you mean by a pop down option, but if you go to the Seabourn roll call section.....

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=674

Scroll to Ovation you can see a few roll calls started. It doesn't look like anyone has started one for your dates.:)

Julie