Mini Bar Stocking Prefereces

Genoabay

Um, party in Napria's suite!

I’m always up for a party! And yes, if it weren’t for these boards, I wouldn’t have known about being able to pre-request drinks.

We also requested a beverage that Silversea doesn’t normally stock. Our TA asked if we’d like to pay for it. I asked how much and it took about 2 weeks, but she responded that Silversea will have the special request for us at no charge.

Napria, that is fantastic! We just heard back from our TA that iced tea was not available, and pepsi was limited. We were looking for non-carbonated, so I asked about flavored water .... we'll see what we get offered. Actually, I could just pack a few of those nasty little instant packs of iced tea, and we could drop it in a bottle of water.... hmmm didn't think about that before. I'm trying to stay off the carbonated stuff, and all the high sugar/caffeine. Save my sugar for wine & drinks.

Two weeks from today when we fly to Hong Kong. Happy St. Patrick's Day to all Leprechauns and wannabes.

Jan

So my TA told me the following were "extra" cost:

Hendricks Gin

Luksusowa Vodka

Diet Tonic Water

ok, I get that the Vodka is not standard, but we provided plenty of notice...and it is 1/4 of the cost of what we can get for no added cost (Chopin).

I also see that Diet Tonic isn't standard, but, really? They can't throw us a bone? Not hard to find.

And Hendricks??? Very standard gin. I haven't been in a bar in three years that didn't have Hendricks.

currently sailing in the Silver Muse.. We asked for diet soft drinks for our suite, and especially asked for diet dr. pepper..

Our butler told us that only regular dr. pepper was available... But he brought us diet Sprite, diet Pepsi, diet Coke and diet Tonic water...

On the second day he even managed to get diet Dr. Pepper... :-))

We also asked for Vodka.. and even Grey Goose was available for free.. lovely :-)

Jan,

There are packets of true lemon, true lime and other you can purchase. Great to add to fizzy water. Small and pack able. Very good. No sugar. True flavor.

I buy mine on that store online Jeff b owns.

Spin, my husband is thrilled with your suggestion. He loves the Energy ones, and used them on his travels last week, and has them packed for his Raleigh/Durham trip tomorrow am. We have a selection ready to go to Hong Kong on Saturday. Thank you for the suggestion, it is a winner!

Jan

Thanks Spin, excellent advice. I have those cool little detergent pods 4-1 (Grab & Go Stoneworks) they work well, and usually don't need dryer sheets, but I'll pack a few since they don't take up much room. My last packing drill will be either Wednesday or Thursday. So far, I have 1/4 of my carryon free, good to pack my husband's extra pair of shoes. Love those space bags (and laundry machines), I no longer need to check a bag :) . Guess I better pull it together and finish getting ready for work, need to leave in 1/2 hour.

Jan

No need for detergent.

Silversea provides one that is OK for sea ecology and their machines.

I forgot which vessel you are on but the decks with silver suites have laundry included so if there is a laundry room in that deck it's usually less busy.

We're on Shadow - right across from one of the laundry rooms. This is our first time on SilverSeas, so starting from the bottom is hard. We have all kinds of perks with Celebrity, but alas they don't go to Borneo (nor would I want to invade the shores with 3000 of my closest friends). We are thinking of Canaries and/or Azores for 2019 - same thing, smaller ship seems more appealing for that locale. Our options would be Windstar for the that I suppose.

Guess I should get back to work, reports running.....

Jan