Royalton White Sands vs. Blue Water Beach Club- opinions please..

big al

Thanks for the feedback- how was the rest of your visit? THe food? drinks? pool? Also, were there lockers available?

I didn't see any lockers available. The drinks were fine, but personally I thought they were a bit weak and I'm not even a drinker usually so I tend to notice the alcohol. Note that the two pools bars (one on White Sands side and one on Blue Waters side) have different menus and they seemed to stick with menu items available for the most part. I liked the drink menu on the Blue Waters side better. The food in the buffet was fine. There were several stations like fish, pasta, burgers, where they cooked the food for you so it was served fresh. The pools were nice. I only used the pools on the Blue Waters side including the lazy river and a "family" pool with swim-up bar. Didn't have any problem finding places to sit.

We will be there the 26th. I cannot wait. What kind of water shoes do people use?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just use regular rubber bottom slip on water shoes. You may not need them, but I tend to have a difficulty time with any rockiness at all. The sand itself was very nice and didn't have any rocks.

We will be there the 26th. I cannot wait. What kind of water shoes do people use?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be there on March 26 too! Which ship are you on? We are on the NCL Jade.

Our group is still trying to decide what we will do in Falmouth. Do you know if this excursion is available to purchase at the port? I would think so but don't want to assume. Looks like a nice place to spend the day!

Our group is still trying to decide what we will do in Falmouth. Do you know if this excursion is available to purchase at the port? I would think so but don't want to assume. Looks like a nice place to spend the day!
No, I don't think so, at least the one I did from shoreexuursioneer.com. You have to go right from the ship to where the private excursions leave from. They have the vans waiting and your paper work also with the amount you owe. I don't know if you could get a private taxi and buy the day pass on your own at the resort, but the company took care of everything and made it easy. The deposit is refundable if your ship doesn't make it to port or if weather conditions prevent the tour from running.

• 4 weeks later...

The beach here looks so much nicer than pics i’ve Seen of hilton rose hall

Like the idea of a resort experience vs beach club. Doing Nachi cocoa again in Cozumel, which we love!

that it’s closer to pier, seems more secure to me somehow. The idea of staying in ‘the port bubble’ our first visit to Jamaica isn’t appealing to me at all, yet the travel advisories in Montego Bay Area are in the back of my mind.

For those who have done this excursion:

Is it difficult to find a beach chair/umbrella?

If my ship docks @ 10 am & departs @ 7 pm, any estimates on how long we would be able to actually enjoy the resort?

Wondering if five hours at the resort an unrealistic expectation?:confused:

The beach here looks so much nicer than pics i’ve Seen of hilton rose hall

Like the idea of a resort experience vs beach club. Doing Nachi cocoa again in Cozumel, which we love!

that it’s closer to pier, seems more secure to me somehow. The idea of staying in ‘the port bubble’ our first visit to Jamaica isn’t appealing to me at all, yet the travel advisories in Montego Bay Area are in the back of my mind.

For those who have done this excursion:

Is it difficult to find a beach chair/umbrella?

If my ship docks @ 10 am & departs @ 7 pm, any estimates on how long we would be able to actually enjoy the resort?

Wondering if five hours at the resort an unrealistic expectation?:confused:

It wasn't too hard to find chairs with umbrellas on the White Sands beach when we got there at 10 am (ship docked at 9 am). Might be a tiny bit harder at 11 am. There were plenty of chairs by the pools but shade was harder to come by as there weren't many umbrellas at the pools. I would say if your ship is there 10-7 you would definitely have at least 5 hours at the resort, maybe 6. Our ship was in port 9-6 and we arrived about 10 am and they picked us up at 4 pm.

It wasn't too hard to find chairs with umbrellas on the White Sands beach when we got there at 10 am (ship docked at 9 am). Might be a tiny bit harder at 11 am. There were plenty of chairs by the pools but shade was harder to come by as there weren't many umbrellas at the pools. I would say if your ship is there 10-7 you would definitely have at least 5 hours at the resort, maybe 6. Our ship was in port 9-6 and we arrived about 10 am and they picked us up at 4 pm.

Thank you! Will have to check to see what other ships in port that day.

Curious if they drop you back off ‘in’ the port area, same as pickup.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the Royalton Sands/ Blue Water place for $80.00 each, which included a 10% discount..deposit was $19.99 and I used a coupon # SEE3086...try & see if it works for you..includes all drinks & food, lounge chairs, pool & beach...not cheap, but I knew that going in..looks like a very nice place...:cool:

Big Al

I just booked the Royalton Sands/ Blue Water place for $80.00 each, which included a 10% discount..deposit was $19.99 and I used a coupon # SEE3086...try & see if it works for you..includes all drinks & food, lounge chairs, pool & beach...not cheap, but I knew that going in..looks like a very nice place...:cool:

Big Al

You will still owe $80 per person when you arrive. The 10% discount if you used the coupon code took $2.00 of your deposit only, so it will be $98 total.