Princess Alaska itinerary change...not happy about it.

schmoopie17

We recently signed up for an August Alaska cruisetour with Princess and the land itinerary showed two nights in Denali and one night in Fairbanks. Now, the itinerary shows one night in Denali and two nights in Fairbanks. :mad:

Not only does that screw up our Denali visit (we arrive at 4:00pm one day and leave the following afternoon) but we now have to find a way to fill two days in Fairbanks.

There is not much you can do in Denali for a few hours one afternoon, or a few hours the following morning. This makes the Denali trip almost worthless.

Any thoughts on how we can make the Denali visit worthwhile?

We recently signed up for an August Alaska cruisetour with Princess and the land itinerary showed two nights in Denali and one night in Fairbanks. Now, the itinerary shows one night in Denali and two nights in Fairbanks. :mad:

Not only does that screw up our Denali visit (we arrive at 4:00pm one day and leave the following afternoon) but we now have to find a way to fill two days in Fairbanks.

There is not much you can do in Denali for a few hours one afternoon, or a few hours the following morning. This makes the Denali trip almost worthless.

Any thoughts on how we can make the Denali visit worthwhile?

My suggestion is that you cancel the cruise tour and do a DIY instead. That way you control the pace.

DON

I'm going to chime with the rest of the seasoned posters. Frankly this is a big mistake to just "settle" and accept this poor tour choice. Why not FIX it and do it right. You do have time, and yes it may eat up additional costs- BUT- ask yourself- how long did it take for you to get to Alaska and HOW often are you going to return??? I think the answer will be sobering? Even with my multiple trips every year, I would never accept this. My time is too valuable. And you are also at the McKinley Princess as well? (taking up valuable time at the expense of Denali?)

Your only option is to pay for the TWT through Princess- IF available? (have you checked?) or go on your own- are you willing to do that when you get to Denali? You would have to reserve- yourself- (don't expect Princess to do this) an Eielson Shuttle bus or the Tundra Wildness tour. and know the details for your transportation. (I'd simply walk back to the lodge but, some wouldn't )

Glad I saw this as looking at cruise tours in Alaska for 2019. Think I may do the land part myself and not through cruise line.

I'm already peeved this summer my Baltic cruise which listed Stockholm as port has changed to an hour away, but can deal with it, Alaska hell no, I want what I signed up for