Using my obc for my daughter's & my excursions

I want to use my obc to pay for excursions for my daughter & me. When booking our excursions online how do I make sure my daughter's obc is not also used? Thanks.

When I booked for myself and DH there was no way to select whose OBC to use. He had more and they charged me the amount I was short.

When I booked for myself and DH there was no way to select whose OBC to use. He had more and they charged me the amount I was short.

Yes, the same thing happen to us today. My OBC covered the tour, but my wife was short $39.00 OBC so she was charged.

Bob

Same. I called yesterday to book an excursion not remembering that my husband had the bulk of the OBC (stock in his name) and had to pay the shortfall in my account. I asked the CSR if he could move some of my husband's OBC to my account but he wasn't able to do that. He was going to try to purchase both our excursions using my husband's OBC but we still would have been short for our pricey little tour. Maybe you'll have better luck. :)

Similar experience. Combined we had about $600 OBC, but most of it was posted against DH's name. He still has a credit while I had to pay with a CC for mine. Seems the shorex online isn't like the daily billing when on the ship. I did call to speak with a few reps, and they all agreed, the system isn't set up to look at the total for the cabin, only each person's total when booking shorex. IMO, not good - it only works when you book tours on the ship, then the prices comes off the entire room.

The IT department needs to make this pre-booking a lot more passenger friendly.

Darcy

I want to use my obc to pay for excursions for my daughter & me. When booking our excursions online how do I make sure my daughter's obc is not also used? Thanks.

you could always return the OBC credit to her once on the ship

They can adjust the excursions to the folio you want it to hit.

Or you could also buy her more OBC if you have depleted both of yours OBC if she wants to buy things in advance -- if not buying anything in advance I would just have them swap it around once on the ship- its easy

I assume the OP and the daughter are in the same cabin.

When you book excursions, you are signed into either your account or your daughter's account.

It is my understanding (willing to be corrected) that the OBC used comes from the account you are signed into, not from the account of each person whose name the excursion is for.

If you want to be 100% sure which OBC will be used, do the transaction over the phone with Princess.

I assume the OP and the daughter are in the same cabin.

When you book excursions, you are signed into either your account or your daughter's account.

It is my understanding (willing to be corrected) that the OBC used comes from the account you are signed into, not from the account of each person whose name the excursion is for.

If you want to be 100% sure which OBC will be used, do the transaction over the phone with Princess.

You are correct. When I go into my account & want to book an excursion, & there are 2 of us, if I make a reservation it comes out of my account.

Another good advice is to go to the tour desk once on the ship.

Tom😎

You are correct. When I go into my account & want to book an excursion, & there are 2 of us, if I make a reservation it comes out of my account.

Another good advice is to go to the tour desk once on the ship.

Tom😎

I just booked an excursion yesterday and had the opposite experience. My husband's was paid in full using his obc and he had a little left over. My obc was not enough to pay mine in full so I had to provide a cc to pay the difference, even though our "combined account" still had some obc available. I was also told by the princess rep that there was no way to use his obc for my excursion beforehand, like they do on the ship. I was signed into my account when I purchased the excursions, and it very clearly divided them into "his" and "mine."

If one person wants to use their OBC to pay for both their tour and their companion’s tour, call Princess. I did it yesterday with no problems. Can’t do it on line, however.

I just booked an excursion yesterday and had the opposite experience. My husband's was paid in full using his obc and he had a little left over. My obc was not enough to pay mine in full so I had to provide a cc to pay the difference, even though our "combined account" still had some obc available. I was also told by the princess rep that there was no way to use his obc for my excursion beforehand, like they do on the ship. I was signed into my account when I purchased the excursions, and it very clearly divided them into "his" and "mine."

Looks like the rep you had did not know how to do it since it should be possible.