Princess EZ Air anything but

Bobcubsfan

We recently booked a UK cruise on Princess. After spending over an hour trying to book flights and getting error messages over and over and over, I finally succeeded in reserving awful flights that were long and required a stop. So, the next day, I attempted over and over and over again to change the flights. Two non-stops appeared, at a lower cost, and I attempted to book them. It was impossible. I kept getting an error message. Then the cost of the airfare went up.

Calling Princess was useless. The company policy was that they would not compensate us for what is clearly a computer glitch in their system. The agent(s) said that it was the airlines' fault. Bunk. If you use Kayak or other online services, you can choose flights and book them in real time. I have done it.

So we canceled the cruise, and Princess has lost us as customers.

We have been fighting with Princess for months because our flights keep getting lost. I thought we were winning the battle but now one of our connections is lost again. Leaving in 6 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry about the problems you experienced but all of my EZAir experiences have been great. Their flexible airfare allowed me to get price reductions from $576 to $241 and a more desirable routing from LA to Barcelona.

Enjoy whatever cruise line that will give you a better overall cruise experience.

Last September we booked flights using EZ Air and had no issues. Clearly, Princess is having computer issues, but won't take ownership of the problem.

I just checked flights for my future cruise & there was no problem but obviously you're experiencing major problems. I have no way to know why you're experiencing problems nor do I know who's computer is at fault...Princess or the airlines we're checking.

Honestly, I've had glitches booking with just about every system over the years, whether dealing with online consolidators or even the airlines themselves (Southwest had the glitchiest, IME). The problem probably doesn't start with Princess . . . although whenever you add a middleman, it becomes more difficult to diagnose the problem.

If a flight shows 8 seats available, I can understand that there might be an issue booking it. But, if there is no indication that there are limited seats available, it should not be a problem. Flights should not appear in a list if they are not available. And, posting cost that is not correct is close to consumer fraud.

Honestly, I've had glitches booking with just about every system over the years, whether dealing with online consolidators or even the airlines themselves (Southwest had the glitchiest, IME). The problem probably doesn't start with Princess . . . although whenever you add a middleman, it becomes more difficult to diagnose the problem.

Agreed, but Princess agents not willing to fix the problem is the real issue. Our policy is to not do business with companies whose policies we do not like.

We are using EZ Air this fall for the first time. I had no trouble making a flexible reservation on-line. About 3 months later someone on our roll call (thanks Astro Flyer!) said a sale (price dropped $200 per person) was going on. I was nervous about cancelling and re-reserving the same flights and not losing our bulkhead seats so I called Princess Customer Support and the agent was incredibly helpful (and had no issue providing assistance even though we were booked through a TA). He congratulated me on the great savings and even mentioned that it was a good thing I called right away since in the past he had been on the line with other passengers when the price increased. He worked with the EZ Air Support Desk and within 5 minutes the new reservations appeared in my Personalizer and everyone confirmed that we still had the same seat reservations - he even waited while I checked the United website to insure that all was well. Hopefully all will go well in October.

We are using EZ Air this fall for the first time. I had no trouble making a flexible reservation on-line. About 3 months later someone on our roll call (thanks Astro Flyer!) said a sale (price dropped $200 per person) was going on. I was nervous about cancelling and re-reserving the same flights and not losing our bulkhead seats so I called Princess Customer Support and the agent was incredibly helpful (and had no issue providing assistance even though we were booked through a TA). He congratulated me on the great savings and even mentioned that it was a good thing I called right away since in the past he had been on the line with other passengers when the price increased. He worked with the EZ Air Support Desk and within 5 minutes the new reservations appeared in my Personalizer and everyone confirmed that we still had the same seat reservations - he even waited while I checked the United website to insure that all was well. Hopefully all will go well in October.

That is the way it SHOULD work, but we had to opposite experience. Princess agents could not or would not fix the issue.

If a flight shows 8 seats available, I can understand that there might be an issue booking it. But, if there is no indication that there are limited seats available, it should not be a problem. Flights should not appear in a list if they are not available. And, posting cost that is not correct is close to consumer fraud.

Sometimes, for example, the problem is that there is only 1 seat left at that price, so when you try to book 2 seats at that price, it glitches. That problem originates with the airline's computer inventory (and bad programming), so there's not much a consolidator or Princess et al can do to fix that.

I've run into online-purchasing glitches over everything from inventory to segments being sold through partners with different rules to trying to book with kids. Glitches happen. And if the glitch didn't start with Princess, it's hard for them to fix it.

Sometimes, for example, the problem is that there is only 1 seat left at that price, so when you try to book 2 seats at that price, it glitches. That problem originates with the airline's computer inventory (and bad programming), so there's not much a consolidator or Princess et al can do to fix that.

I've run into online-purchasing glitches over everything from inventory to segments being sold through partners with different rules to trying to book with kids. Glitches happen. And if the glitch didn't start with Princess, it's hard for them to fix it.

Yes, but we tried for at least an hour on 3 different days. Even late a night when most people on the East Coast are asleep. We are in Los Angeles. On the web page for airlines, that never has been an issue. Jet Blue, Southwest, United, American, Virgin America etc. Never had a problem booking flights. I wonder how NCL handles it? They have a number to call where a an agent will book flights.

Sorry about the problems you experienced but all of my EZAir experiences have been great. Their flexible airfare allowed me to get price reductions from $576 to $241 and a more desirable routing from LA to Barcelona.

Enjoy whatever cruise line that will give you a better overall cruise experience.

That is a big reduction! Was it just for an airline, or most when reduction was offered thru EZAir?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is a big reduction! Was it just for an airline, or most when reduction was offered thru EZAir?

The reduction was only by using flexible EZAir and flexible was much cheaper than restricted.

We booked AA via JFK as soon as flights were available at $576. Then KLM had a better routing for us (via Amsterdam so our connection would be in Europe & easier to get a flight if missing a connection) at a slightly lower price. I checked prices daily & within 2 months after several price reductions we had a $241 one-way airfare to BCN.

Even though I'm booked through my TA, a Princess rep walked me through the online process using the Cruise Personalizer for my first change. Now I'm comfortable with the procedure & my TA forwards me the Princess emails confirming our changes. Currently our flight departing in about 5 months is $394...good but not as great as $241. ;)

By arriving 2 days early our savings easily pays for our pre-cruise stay plus hundreds of dollars in our pockets & by arriving early there's no risk of missing the ship. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

I finally succeeded in reserving awful flights that were long and required a stop. So, the next day, I attempted over and over and over again to change the flights.

I agree Princess should have stepped up and fixed the issue when you called. They can be pretty thick headed at times.

Wondering why you would settle for these awful flights when you could as you say use Kayak or other online services, you can choose flights and book them in real time?

I agree Princess should have stepped up and fixed the issue when you called. They can be pretty thick headed at times.

Wondering why you would settle for these awful flights when you could as you say use Kayak or other online services, you can choose flights and book them in real time?

You are correct in using Kayak, etc, but since we wanted to arrive on the day of the cruise, concerned about a flight delay. If booking through Princess, they take care of late arrival.

The reduction was only by using flexible EZAir and flexible was much

I've had significant reductions too, but not half the price like you got. Hope I will be as fortunate.

Thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess eZAir is currently offering the best airfare to Europe...better than you'll find on Kayak, the airline sites, or consolidator sites.

I have been on the eZAir site a lot over the past few days, rebooking an itinerary yesterday, with no issues at all. I'm thinking the issue is on the OP's end. First thing I would recommend is rebooting your home network and your computer. Try s different browser...that works for me when I'm experiencing difficulty.

Good luck...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Princess eZAir is currently offering the best airfare to Europe...better than you'll find on Kayak, the airline sites, or consolidator sites.

How much less and for what month? One way or round trip? I have rarely found Princess EZAir to be cheaper than the best option I could find. Even if it were, I would prefer "normal" tickets in most cases than the restricted EZAir tickets that Princess offers.

How much less and for what month? One way or round trip? I have rarely found Princess EZAir to be cheaper than the best option I could find. Even if it were, I would prefer "normal" tickets in most cases than the restricted EZAir tickets that Princess offers.

Mid October current prices for same flight: EZAir flexible airfare ($394); KLM ($2,378).

That's the flexible EZAir price which if you read my other post (#15) dropped to as low as $241.

Friends have had the same experiences & not only with coach airfares but premium cabin seats. I cannot find lower international flights to & from the US that's even close to EZAir flexible airfare. Normal tickets do not allow free changes in airfare or flights which the EZAir flexible reservations allow. And nearly every flexible airfare I've found was cheaper than the restricted airfares.

With domestic US flights for my cruises, EZAir airfares are similar to other booking sources.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Mid October current prices for same flight: EZAir flexible airfare ($394); KLM ($2,378).

That's the flexible EZAir price which if you read my other post (#15) dropped to as low as $241.

Friends have had the same experiences & not only with coach airfares but premium cabin seats. I cannot find lower international flights to & from the US that's even close to EZAir flexible airfare. Normal tickets do not allow free changes in airfare or flights which the EZAir flexible reservations allow. And nearly every flexible airfare I've found was cheaper than the restricted airfares.

With domestic US flights for my cruises, EZAir airfares are similar to other booking sources.

I agree. My trip... Boston to Seattle to Fairbanks and then home, Vancouver to Seattle to Boston, is $650 pp. I chose the flexible EZAir and adjusted/re-booked three times later to get that price. The times were perfect and no red-eyes. I chose connection times under three hours each way (could have chosen less, but didn't want to chance it). No one I could find could beat the price for the times I wanted.

This is our first time using airfare booked through the cruise line. It would be a bit easier and cheaper to find flights through Kayak or another service, although I did search and the prices were comparable, however I want the guarantee that Princess will get me to the port :).

Crossing my fingers that all will go well with our EZ Air reservation.