Disembarkation in Quebec

katfer

Getting ready to book flight from Quebec post cruise. How far is airport from port? Is it as crazy as Vancouver? What would be a comfortable time frame to book flights? Cab or transfer? Thanks all.

The ride from the port to the airport is about 25 minutes. Personally, I would book a late afternoon flight, store my luggage at the terminal, visit Québec City and then take a cab (about 35 CAD I think). That way you will see more of Québec City and avoid the mad line-up for a cab at the arrival of the ship (experimented that).

More info. in this link:

http://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/information-for-cruise-ship-passengers/customer-service

Quebec City is really a stunning city. It's worth spending at least a couple of nights there, if possible.

You might find that airfares are cheaper from Montreal, depending on where you are flying from/to. It's another great place to visit if you have the time. The train station in Quebec is very near the cruise port.

http://canada-quebec.ca

• 3 weeks later...
We will be there at the end of an 11 day cruise that overnights in Quebec. I would love any ideas on what to see or do in Quebec. We may just have to stay another day!

We (83, 75 and 53 year old active women) will be there in October at the end of our cruise and will be doing a 3 hour electric bike tour of the city(very hilly) http://www.locationechosports.ca/forfaitse.php

and then doing a night time ghost walk through the old city. http://www.fantomesdequebec.com/

Our ship docks on the 12th and then we spend the night onboard and disembark the next morning, we will spend an extra night there to see more of the amazing city.

Getting ready to book flight from Quebec post cruise. How far is airport from port? Is it as crazy as Vancouver? What would be a comfortable time frame to book flights? Cab or transfer? Thanks all.

The airport was the opposite of crazy. For an international flight we figured we had to be there a couple of hours early. For an early afternoon flight not only was there no one at the check in desk but there was a gate at the entrance to the terminal. Not even a place to eat.

The airport was the opposite of crazy. For an international flight we figured we had to be there a couple of hours early. For an early afternoon flight not only was there no one at the check in desk but there was a gate at the entrance to the terminal. Not even a place to eat.

A new international terminal opened last year with restaurants, duty-free etc.

More details:

https://www.aeroportdequebec.com/en/about/press-releases/yqb-new-international-terminal-receives-its-first-passengers

• 4 weeks later...

WE are also on a cruise that overnights in Quebec, we are purchasing our flight from princess and it is offering us a flight at 10;20am , is that durable, seems too early but Princess said is it fine

^Overnight means any immigration/customs issues were handled the day before, so you can just walk off any time you like. The ship does not need to worry about running behind schedule either - it's already parked! Personally I'd take a later flight to allow some more sightseeing unless this was an RT and you had a pre-cruise stay, not because I'd be concerned about making it to the airport in time. Depending how nervous a traveler you are, leaving between 7 and 8am should be enough (you're going against commuter flow).

^Overnight means any immigration/customs issues were handled the day before, so you can just walk off any time you like. The ship does not need to worry about running behind schedule either - it's already parked! Personally I'd take a later flight to allow some more sightseeing unless this was an RT and you had a pre-cruise stay, not because I'd be concerned about making it to the airport in time. Depending how nervous a traveler you are, leaving between 7 and 8am should be enough (you're going against commuter flow).

Thank you so much, we have been to Quebec City several times and will be spending the whole day before, so leaving in the morning is great, what about shuttles or taxi, do you have to reserve them or will they be there

Thank you so much, we have been to Quebec City several times and will be spending the whole day before, so leaving in the morning is great, what about shuttles or taxi, do you have to reserve them or will they be there

Sorry, my knowledge of Quebec is strictly from land-based visits. I would guess that cabbies will be waiting at least during the more popular times that folks disembark - it's a nice run from the pier to the airport so it would be silly not to be around when cruisers want you - but the whole 'could disembark any time' angle means cab supply and demand might be out of synch. Maybe some prior QC cruisers will chime in, or locals who pass by the pier on cruise days to give a more accurate idea.

You can definitely book taxis in advance if you want to be sure though - and Uber has been operating for a couple of years now. Can't say that we have a preferred provider - we usually drove, just took whatever cab when we flew (fixed rate to/from airport, $34.25, so same price for any cab = may as well just take the first one that comes) and stayed downtown so we could walk around.