Type 1 Latex Allergy

Alexialee

Hello, I have a severe Type 1 Latex Allergy. I can not be around latex balloons because of inhaling the latex particles, and I cannot eat food handled with latex gloves, because the latex particles stick to the food and become ingested. I went into anaphylactic shock from a latex mattress. Does anyone have experience with this type of allergy or know of a cruise line that does not have latex balloons or use latex gloves in food prep? I would like to take my daughter on an Alaskan Cruise for her graduation gift. I am also contacting cruise lines, but would find others experiences most helpful!

Thank You!

Not only food service, but the cabin stewards use gloves when cleaning cabins. The cruise lines typically stock both latex and non-latex gloves, but this is more for the crew's possible allergies to wearing them. I'm not sure you would be able to get a guarantee that nothing onboard has been touched by a latex glove.

I mostly see nitrile gloves. Doctors office, vet, restaurants, etc.

I agree - especially in medical and food service situations. I was thinking more of cleaning staff - they are constantly washing, painting, generally cleaning. Many of the gloves used may not be latex free. If someone has a serious allergy I would be very concerned.

latex balloons are not a problem.. they are too dangerous to the local marine life to be used on board.

since latex is a common enough allergy, I am going to assume food service uses the non latex gloves.

Princess has a balloon drop one night on most cruises. I've also seen them use balloons in various onboard activities.